Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-11-2019, 10:40 PM   #1
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quick Questions Thread

It's been a while since we've had one of these posts, but it seems like a good idea now. If you're having any questions regarding Franchise Hockey Manager 6, rather than create a brand new post, feel free to ask a question here!

That being said, if you notice an issue or bug, please make sure to report it in the Bug Forum.

Example:

Where can I find a Mod for (Fill in the Blank Here)?

A: Right Here.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:39 PM   #2
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Ive asked this before..but cant find it in this version:

In historical mode, where can i see upcoming draft eligible players, and when are they visible?
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:48 PM   #3
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer2434 View Post
Ive asked this before..but cant find it in this version:

In historical mode, where can i see upcoming draft eligible players, and when are they visible?
If you have the ability to draft them turned on, they appear as Free Agents.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:38 AM   #4
jldante56
Major Leagues

Any way to change the date of the draft lottery so it’s not the day before the draft?
jldante56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 09:12 AM   #5
Herolover12
Minors (Single A)

How to tell the average rating for an attribute in the league. Example, I have a LD with 14 in positioning. What is the leagues avg score for defensemen?
Herolover12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 09:53 AM   #6
Bigdummie
Major Leagues

pre season games

Is there any way to have a unlimited NHL roster so I can play my prospects, recent draft picks, ect so I can have a clue on setting my final roster prior to regular season? Thanks.
Bigdummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:04 AM   #7
renojedi
Major Leagues

Is there away to edit a player's history?

When I start with an expansion team, my workaround for the entry draft is to take players from other teams. I would like to edit the history screen so I can change the drafting team to my new team.
renojedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:21 AM   #8
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdummie View Post
Is there any way to have a unlimited NHL roster so I can play my prospects, recent draft picks, ect so I can have a clue on setting my final roster prior to regular season? Thanks.
I know the rosters don't have to be at 23 during pre season, so I not sure what you mean by "unlimited". I generally just dress the prospects that are closest to being NHL ready.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 12:06 PM   #9
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldante56 View Post
Any way to change the date of the draft lottery so it’s not the day before the draft?
No. It hasn't really been something a lot of people have asked for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herolover12 View Post
How to tell the average rating for an attribute in the league. Example, I have a LD with 14 in positioning. What is the leagues avg score for defensemen?
I don't think you can exactly do this, but you could use the Search bar at the top of the main screen (click on the magnifying glass) and say look at all the D in your given league by searching it and then using the arrow keys to get a quick glance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renojedi View Post
Is there away to edit a player's history?

When I start with an expansion team, my workaround for the entry draft is to take players from other teams. I would like to edit the history screen so I can change the drafting team to my new team.
Not currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
Quote:
I know the rosters don't have to be at 23 during pre season, so I not sure what you mean by "unlimited". I generally just dress the prospects that are closest to being NHL ready.
Rosters are unlimited during the preseason, but you still can't have more than 50 contracts on a team. If you don't have someone signed (say a prospect), you can offer than a PTO to come to camp.
Old 10-12-2019, 12:08 PM   #10
Colorado
Major Leagues

Do goalies ever get pulled in games??
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 12:31 PM   #11
Bigdummie
Major Leagues

I am having a brain cramp, how do I set the lineups, I have tried drag & drop right/left clicking. I do have me in the coach options to set the lineups. Sorry to ask a dumb question.
Bigdummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 12:37 PM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
Do goalies ever get pulled in games??
Yes. The frequency will vary according to the head coach's preferences.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 12:42 PM   #13
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Not a question, but a suggestion...add a fan morale boost for making the playoffs, since there's a drop in fan morale for a playoff series loss.
Old 10-12-2019, 12:51 PM   #14
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
I am having a brain cramp, how do I set the lineups, I have tried drag & drop right/left clicking. I do have me in the coach options to set the lineups. Sorry to ask a dumb question.
If you have a fastspring version, there is an issue with drag and drop currently that we are working on fixing. Right now you have to click in the checkmark boxes and then click on the lineup spot.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:45 PM   #15
Colorado
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
If you have a fastspring version, there is an issue with drag and drop currently that we are working on fixing. Right now you have to click in the checkmark boxes and then click on the lineup spot.
Also need to dress the players you want to play first - first column on roster screen. It can be tricky to see at first.
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:37 PM   #16
Shadow4u
Minors (Single A)

Question Player protected list

I am getting ready for the expansion draft and the manual reads teams will automatically protect players. How many do they protect ? on the league rules screen it defaults to -90-. I have no idea what this means ? Teams don't have that many players to protect. Need a bit of help here - - thanks.
ie; can we set how many players teams will protect for the draft as in past versions such as 15 or 18 etc...
Old 10-12-2019, 06:34 PM   #17
hoverdonkey
Bat Boy

Hi all, I have a question that is probably so obvious. I'm trying to play my first pre-season game but I'm getting the error message that there are not enough goalies. I have slotted two goalies into my starting line-up so at a bit of a loss of what to do. What am I missing? Thanks in advance
hoverdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:03 PM   #18
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoverdonkey View Post
Hi all, I have a question that is probably so obvious. I'm trying to play my first pre-season game but I'm getting the error message that there are not enough goalies. I have slotted two goalies into my starting line-up so at a bit of a loss of what to do. What am I missing? Thanks in advance
Are they dressed? Is one playing International games?
Old 10-12-2019, 08:26 PM   #19
JT_Dutch
Minors (Single A)

When looking for team staff, is there any way to sort trainer candidates by Trainer Skill on the Free Agent menu?

***Never mind, I found it. It's labeled "Physio," which is why I didn't catch it at first.

Last edited by JT_Dutch; 10-13-2019 at 12:20 AM. Reason: See above
JT_Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:35 PM   #20
rain94
Minors (Single A)

I saw an older video of FHM, I think it was FHM3, there was a momentum meter that swung back and forth during the game. I don't see that in FHM6. Was it removed? And if so, is momentum still modeled in the background for the simulation engine?
rain94 is offline   Reply With Quote