Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:07 PM   #1
AaD88
Major Leagues

Devs: seeking transparency on injury settings

I has been running an online league for a few months with modern/realistic injury settings. I like the added challenge of finding depth and organization building. However, there is inevitably complaints about injuries. One of the most common complaints are that realistic injury setting is not "realistic."

Honestly it seems fine to me but I don't have the data to back it up.

I'm curious if anyone on the development team would share what goes in to the different injury setting levels, and exactly how "realistic" is determined? Is it frequency of injuries? Is it total duration of injuries? Do you look at league trends, individual teams, or individual players? I'm sure this is a dense and complicated subject but I truly am curious and would welcome any and all information that can be shared (I understand that some info may not be able to be shared).

Thanks for any information you can provide!

Last edited by AaD88; 06-23-2019 at 09:08 PM.
AaD88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:37 PM   #2
whaleheader
Minors (Triple A)

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/injuries/

In my league we use normal and I have guys complaining. They complain because they have no reference. Tell them to look at the current injury lists.
whaleheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:11 AM   #3
anthonywvalentine
All Star Reserve

I use modern day realistic, and have kept a spread sheet though i'm missing a few years. Every year I have someone complain... but we are still way lower than MLB averages.

26 Man rosters / 7 day DL stints.

2024 - League Average = 773 Days
2025 - League Average = 753 Days
2027 - League Average = 655 Days
2030 - League Average = 635 Days
2031 - League Average = 599 Days
2032 - League Average = 641 Days

Everyone complains in online leagues and it becomes rather frustrating.

One of our most vocal about the injuries has averaged 494 DL days in those 6 season, and in 3 of those seasons has had less than 316 DL days.
anthonywvalentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:17 PM   #4
byzeil
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonywvalentine View Post
I use modern day realistic, and have kept a spread sheet though i'm missing a few years. Every year I have someone complain... but we are still way lower than MLB averages.

26 Man rosters / 7 day DL stints.

2024 - League Average = 773 Days
2025 - League Average = 753 Days
2027 - League Average = 655 Days
2030 - League Average = 635 Days
2031 - League Average = 599 Days
2032 - League Average = 641 Days

Everyone complains in online leagues and it becomes rather frustrating.

One of our most vocal about the injuries has averaged 494 DL days in those 6 season, and in 3 of those seasons has had less than 316 DL days.
To try to add some perspective to these numbers I was able to find the 2014 MLB numbers for days lost to the injury list and they ranged from 411(Pirates) & 571(Brewers) on the low end to 1649(Padres) & 2347(Rangers). Middle of the pack seemed to be around 800.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote