Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 08-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #21
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony79 View Post
Started up a new MLB quick start and I see minor league players(on the 40 man roster) are still getting sent to 60 DL for minor injuries
It wasn't like this before! Fix please!
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #22
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
Any chance the problem with uniforms reverting back to the modern versions when you switch between a quickstart and an historical league has been fixed?

It wasn't fixed.

Sigh.

It seems that this should be a fairly high priority (higher than many of the things listed as being changed) as it really hurts the immersion of historical leagues... but maybe I am in the minority...
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #23
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

Also, the PbP still shows different batting averages than what is shown on the player's stats. I am pretty sure it is showing the 'all levels' stats instead of the major league stats.

This is obviously wrong.

Last edited by rpriske; 08-02-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #24
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

OOTP 14 Update, Version 14.4.23 officially available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by da commish View Post
nfl?!?!
That's what I was hoping for.
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #25
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

I'm getting an error when I try to view the schedule grid for a large league (the 32-team league was fine, but the feeder league with 72 teams caused the problem). The dialog box doesn't go away and I have to force the program to shut down. Thankfully I'd just saved minutes earlier. I don't think this was happening before, because I was just looking at the schedule grid for that league this morning before I updated.

This is on the Mac version, by the way.

EDIT: I should also mention that I'm able to replicate this problem repeatedly - it isn't a fluke thing.

Last edited by Ruwisc; 08-02-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Ruwisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #26
Erik
All Star Reserve

I am also having problems with player pictures. Some teams/players show up, but most of them just show the teams logo. Haven't been able to get this work ever since I bought OOTP14 during the All-Star break and converted my OOTP12 league. Is this a conversion problem or an all around OOTP14 problem?

This is disappointing. I reported this issue weeks ago and was told it would be fixed with the latest patch and that it was a known issue. Guess not.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #27
Erik
All Star Reserve

Is this what other people are seeing? In game screens are no better.
Attached Images
Old 08-02-2013, 11:38 PM   #28
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

I only see that when the player doesn't have a picture.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:55 PM   #29
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Well I'm not having any problems with player pictures (yet), but I just created a new league based on a template that I recently created. I have one of the mods that has historical logos with the dates on them so it will pull logos from the correct year and update every year, etc. Well, for whatever reason, it seemed to randomly pick logos for each team. The year is 1950, but some logos are from future years and some are from past years.

When I created this league from scratch (at the time I saved the template) with the previous version of OOTP, all of the logos were correctly chosen from 1950. So not sure if this weird random issue was due to a bug in using the template or the patch.

EDIT: OK, well I went back and created a 1950 league from scratch (without using the template) and the logos generated properly this time. Then I went back and created another league using the template I made for the 1950-league, and same thing - all of the team's logos were from random years, and different random years than the first league I created using the template!

So I guess it's an issue with using the template, not the patch. For whatever reason, creating the league using the template seems to cause the logo importing process to ignore the year in-game. Is there any way to force the game to re-update the logos based on the year so I don't have to manually change them all?

Last edited by hefalumps; 08-03-2013 at 12:08 AM.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #30
Erik
All Star Reserve

All players have pictures. I've updated and generated pictures repeatedly with no luck. When I go to the player profile it shows a picture for them, just will not show up on the Scores & Schedule page or the in game screen. For example, screenshot below shows Jim Olive's player screen. He is one that will not show up on the scores and schedules page - he's the starting pitcher for the Nassau Conchs on the previous screenshot.
Attached Images
Old 08-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #31
Erik
All Star Reserve

Well I deleted my "Faces.dat" file and loaded the game and everything seems to work now. I guess the solution was to just delete it which isn't a great answer but at least it works now.

Edit...I just changed one teams cap logo and regenerated pics for that team and now their logo is showing up instead of the player pictures on the scores and schedule page again. It seems like anytime I try to update a player picture it overrides the scores and schedule page with the team logo instead of the player pic. Tried it with several other teams with the same result. Is this because I converted my league from 12? I've never converted a league before and after his fiasco I don't know if I'll ever try and do it again.

Last edited by Erik; 08-03-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #32
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Through here, all reported for review.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #33
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
Also, the PbP still shows different batting averages than what is shown on the player's stats. I am pretty sure it is showing the 'all levels' stats instead of the major league stats.

This is obviously wrong.
This is the only report for which I did not generate a new review. We know it happens, but Markus has been unable to reproduce it for a solution. I do appreciate the report. One of those little pesky things that'll hopefully be addressed one day.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #34
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
Well I deleted my "Faces.dat" file and loaded the game and everything seems to work now. I guess the solution was to just delete it which isn't a great answer but at least it works now.

Edit...I just changed one teams cap logo and regenerated pics for that team and now their logo is showing up instead of the player pictures on the scores and schedule page again. It seems like anytime I try to update a player picture it overrides the scores and schedule page with the team logo instead of the player pic. Tried it with several other teams with the same result. Is this because I converted my league from 12? I've never converted a league before and after his fiasco I don't know if I'll ever try and do it again.
FWIW I have converted my league from v4 all the way to v14. I do not have this issue, nor any other issues. It has always been a pretty smooth process.
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #35
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
This is the only report for which I did not generate a new review. We know it happens, but Markus has been unable to reproduce it for a solution. I do appreciate the report. One of those little pesky things that'll hopefully be addressed one day.
I have seen this before and it is definitely showing the "all levels". I noticed it specifically with a player who was mashing in the minors but who had struggled for a few weeks in the majors. He was hitting a buck 80 or something but the PbP told me during an at bat he was hitting .312 with 24 homers for the season. I checked and it was clearly combining his ML and AAA stats.

Next time I notice it happen I can send a screenshot of the PbP and the player's stats, if that would help.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #36
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefalumps View Post
I have seen this before and it is definitely showing the "all levels". I noticed it specifically with a player who was mashing in the minors but who had struggled for a few weeks in the majors. He was hitting a buck 80 or something but the PbP told me during an at bat he was hitting .312 with 24 homers for the season. I checked and it was clearly combining his ML and AAA stats.

Next time I notice it happen I can send a screenshot of the PbP and the player's stats, if that would help.
We've provided screenshots, details, etc... but more can only help assist the cause. Please do. Thanks.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #37
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
I am also having problems with player pictures. Some teams/players show up, but most of them just show the teams logo. Haven't been able to get this work ever since I bought OOTP14 during the All-Star break and converted my OOTP12 league. Is this a conversion problem or an all around OOTP14 problem?

This is disappointing. I reported this issue weeks ago and was told it would be fixed with the latest patch and that it was a known issue. Guess not.
Try turning off "Use Away Uniforms". That should solve your problem as I noticed in your screenshot..it's the away teams pics that aren't showing.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #38
Erik
All Star Reserve

Genius! This definitely fixed part of my issue. The uniforms are working but I'm getting different pictures for the same people. See screenshots below. Starting pitcher for the Venice Gondolas on the scores and schedules page is a completely different picture than his player profile page.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #39
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Bigrod's on point, nothing unusual, but there may be a location for images that still needs deleted. Somewhere, I have Andreas' specific instructions about this and I'll do my best to locate it and post it later today.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #40
madJ
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony79 View Post
Started up a new MLB quick start and I see minor league players(on the 40 man roster) are still getting sent to 60 DL for minor injuries
Funniest thing was a guy being day-to-day for 6 days being moved to the 60-day DL. So that one is obviously an issue.
madJ is offline   Reply With Quote