Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 07-06-2008, 11:18 PM   #1
dzanr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Can I get OOTP9 to Stop Creating My Document Folders?

It appears to me that OOTP9 is creating 2 subfolders in the My Documents folder every time I open the game. These are ootp9 and Out of the Park Developments. Is there a way I can get the game to stop automatically creating these subfolders? Thanks.

DZ
dzanr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:21 PM   #2
edm
All Star Starter

i noticed the ootp9 folder also. I tried deleting it but got the access denied message. Not really sure why it's created as it doesn't seem to contain anything, but it's not bothering me either, so I just left it. As for the Out of the Park Developments folder, that is where the vital ootp information is stored and is needed by the game to work properly.

Last edited by edm; 07-06-2008 at 11:27 PM.
edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:14 AM   #3
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

The ootp9 folder bug has been reported (BZ1578).

Are you saying that you've got the game setup to put its files in a folder other than My Documents\Out of the Park Developments, but it's creating it anyway? Or do you just not want the game in your My Documents folder?

If it's the latter, you can change it so that the game data goes into whatever folder you want. It just defaults to My Documents.

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Solonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:17 AM   #4
dzanr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edm View Post
... As for the Out of the Park Developments folder, that is where the vital ootp information is stored and is needed by the game to work properly.
Huh? My Out of the Park Developments folder has nothing in it except a subfolder called OOTP Baseball 9. An that folder is completely empty. What's going on?

DZ
Old 07-07-2008, 12:22 AM   #5
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzanr View Post
Huh? My Out of the Park Developments folder has nothing in it except a subfolder called OOTP Baseball 9. An that folder is completely empty. What's going on?

DZ
If you're using the default setup, then the game puts its program files under Program Files\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9, and it puts the saved_games and some other data folders under a similar structure in My Documents.

Where is your saved_games folder located right now?

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Old 07-07-2008, 12:27 AM   #6
dzanr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solonor View Post
Where is your saved_games folder located right now?
Program Files\OOTP Baseball 9\data\saved_games

Have I got the setup all messed up? Thanks for your help.

DZ
Old 07-07-2008, 12:30 AM   #7
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Program Files\OOTP Baseball 9\data\saved_games

Have I got the setup all messed up? Thanks for your help.

DZ
No, it's fine. It sounds like the game is making a blank folder in your My Documents folder just because it's used to it. Like I said, you can point your saved games data folder to anywhere you like. It's not a problem.

I will add to the bug report that the game is not only creating a blank ootp9 folder but also a blank Out of the Park Developments folder when you start up the game.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:32 AM   #8
dzanr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Like I said, you can point your saved games data folder to anywhere you like.
How would I do this? Thanks again.

DZ
Old 07-07-2008, 12:34 AM   #9
edm
All Star Starter

Quote:
No, it's fine. It sounds like the game is making a blank folder in your My Documents folder just because it's used to it. Like I said, you can point your saved games data folder to anywhere you like. It's not a problem.

I will add to the bug report that the game is not only creating a blank ootp9 folder but also a blank Out of the Park Developments folder when you start up the game.
but shouldn't a default install, without him changing the directory settings, create the saved_games folder under my documents?
edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:45 AM   #10
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

A default install would have put the saved_games under My Documents. I don't know how it got under Program Files unless that's where you told it to go either during installation or by changing it in the game preferences on the main screen.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:16 AM   #11
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is my experience too.

Quote:
A default install would have put the saved_games under My Documents. I don't know how it got under Program Files unless that's where you told it to go either during installation or by changing it in the game preferences on the main screen.
I told it to install in a special folder. Not a big problem to have two empty folders in My Documents, just a distraction.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:07 PM   #12
bulldog55
Hall Of Famer

I get this as well. The game creates a blank ootp9 folder in My Documents. I delete it and it comes right back. It's not an install problem. It seems to happen any time you start the game.

Being smart, don't always make you popular.
bulldog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:13 PM   #13
chredwdew
Minors (Triple A)

This process worked fine with the initial release, but does not work with the first patch. The problem was logged and a fix will be part of the next patch.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...rrrrrrrrr.html
chredwdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:25 AM   #14
chredwdew
Minors (Triple A)

Well, the patch fixed half of the problem, but the game is still creating an "ootp 9" folder in my documents.
Tech support has reoponed the BZ # to take a look at this again.
chredwdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:01 PM   #15
Greatgrampa
Major Leagues

I have my game going to drive I and still get the empty two folders mentioned above in the my documents folder. I am not going to worry about it though as they are not taking up much space there. I have a lot of empty folders like that. I used to try to get rid of them all but finally gave it up. As long as they are not crashing my computer or using up a lot of space, let them live there!
Old 10-03-2008, 09:34 PM   #16
84CubsFan
Major Leagues

Still not fixed in 9.2.0.
84CubsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:54 AM   #17
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It appears to me that OOTP9 is creating 2 subfolders in the My Documents folder every time I open the game. These are ootp9 and Out of the Park Developments. Is there a way I can get the game to stop automatically creating these subfolders? Thanks.

DZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84CubsFan View Post
Still not fixed in 9.2.0.
Yah, but just the ootp9 folder now. I've decided to use it for my temporary notes and screen prints. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, or something like that.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #18
DodgerFan2
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
This is one I was hoping would get fixed.
DodgerFan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:48 PM   #19
Pdubya64
Major Leagues

I had a similar issue due to not choosing the default place to install the game. Totally screwed up the file structure of the game when I tried to add custom graphics and the like. Beware!
Pdubya64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:39 PM   #20
DodgerFan2
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
It's setting up two blank folders for me.
DodgerFan2 is offline   Reply With Quote