Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-28-2020, 12:06 PM   #161
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I think Scranton might win my Entry league (see pic below).

Annandale is fighting to get to .500 ball in this league. They started out in a big hole, playing around .420 ball for a couple of days. Since then we've been slowly climbing to .500... but I swear, every time we get within a game of it, they lose two or three in a row. Right now we're 99-102. I'm hoping we can play another 100 games so we can break through!

Or as the locals up in Scranton would say, "Seems fer sure the Iggles are gonna win, hayna?"
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 12:18 PM   #162
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Stanley, thanks for the work you did putting together some logos for Brigadoon. I do appreciate your work. However, I was able to get a logo together from stealing some stuff online and using a little editing.

In advance of the "please send me your logos so I can create the championship artwork" (not that I assume you'll need MY logos for that!) here's the logos for my two teams (Annandale is reusing last year's):
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Charlatan; 03-28-2020 at 12:19 PM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 07:43 PM   #163
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Stanley, thanks for the work you did putting together some logos for Brigadoon. I do appreciate your work. However, I was able to get a logo together from stealing some stuff online and using a little editing.

In advance of the "please send me your logos so I can create the championship artwork" (not that I assume you'll need MY logos for that!) here's the logos for my two teams (Annandale is reusing last year's):

I actually think I saw that particular logo when I was rummaging around for ideas (that's my euphemism for stealing). I think it might be a high school team. It the end, the one I was happiest with came after OMGpuppies mentioned the Simpsons. The scene of Groundskeeper Willie ripping his shirt off and hollering still makes me laugh when I think of it. No worries about choosing your own. I do them for the fun of doing them, even when I'm not invited to.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:08 PM   #164
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

OL Report from Rookie 143 - 2020 Pre-season

The Hartford Whalers, Palolo Puppies, and Port Ruppert Mundys were all in R143 for training. All three will remain at Rookie level for the start of OL in 2021. Port Ruppert "leads the way" in 19th place over all, while Palolo (which is 7 games back of 28th) has a two game lead over last place Hartford as I write this. Palolo stunned the Mundys in May, sweeping them 8-1, 4-3, and 4-1 at Glorious Mundy Stadium. The teams are about to start a four game series in Palolo to complete their seven-game spring schedule. The Whalers did not play games against the other OL teams.

Just checked the game and saw the attached. George Suggs gets the start for Port Ruppert.
Attached Images
Old 03-28-2020, 10:31 PM   #165
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Since I brought it up...

Port Ruppert took the first two games, but Palolo came back in the final pair to earn a home split, winning the spring series, 5 games to 2. The Mundys can view the glass as half full, though, since it's doubtful that either team was compliant back at the beginning of the season.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:53 AM   #166
Magus978
All Star Starter

The Otonokizaka Muse have somehow managed to escape relegation to rookie thanks to going 6-0 against fellow 66-96 squad New York Aqua Sox. In order to not be relegated next week, the Muse will have to be much better on offense. They will also need better seasons out of Charles Hudson (8-17, 4.00) and Philip Humber (0-9, 4.81).

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 03-29-2020 at 03:04 AM.
Magus978 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:51 AM   #167
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
They will also need better seasons out of Charles Hudson (8-17, 4.00) and Philip Humber (0-9, 4.81).
Magus, look at it this way… Humber has nowhere to go but up!

I set Annandale up in a way that I was happy with and I just let them go during entry week. Somehow they have started playing really well and earning me PP… Including a 12 game winning streak, a ground ball triple play, and a steal of home by Maury Wills (Siri must love the Supremes, because every single time I say ‘Maury Wills’ she puts ‘Mary Wells’). as mentioned above, they started playing pretty terribly but now are about 10 to 12 games over 500 with 220 games in the books! Brigadoon, who I have been tweaking the whole week, started decently strong but has since fallen to below 500. Strangely enough, even though they are an offense oriented team, they have earned only about half the PP of Annandale.

I have gotten used to the auction house environment I suppose. I have re-committed to only paying my prices for players so if I lose out on a player that’s just the way it goes. Seems like there are still quite a few people who are willing to pay more than me for the players I’m interested in! Plenty of time to be patient here.

Last edited by Charlatan; 03-29-2020 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:11 PM   #168
jeffstified
Minors (Double A)

The Krikkit Hactars (Stone.140) used a 9-game winning streak at the end of September to finish 73-89 and remain solidly at the Stone Level. The starters were led Greg Mathews who went 17-10 with a 3.10ERA in 33 starts. The bullpen was anchored by Dyar Miller who had 37 saves in 40 chances. He posted an ERA of 3.03 in 59-1/3 innings.

The offense was paced by 1B Dale Alexander, 2B Scott Fletcher and RF Wally Judnich. Alexander lead the team with a .301 average and .821 OPS (124 OPS+). Fletcher (.775 OPS/110 OPS+) lead the team in doubles and triples. He posted the highest WAR at 5.2. Judnich (.760 OPS/106 OPS+) tied for the team led in homeruns with 21.

With preseason over, The Hactars are looking forward to their first season in Our League!
jeffstified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:52 PM   #169
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

just an fyi if you are doing tourneys.... if you have a bronze lineup, jump in the Monday super bronze (128 teams; prizes down through 8th place)....

down to 25 spots left and they'll fill up quick now with a day to go... only see a couple OL teams in there now, so nab a spot before its gone
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 02:31 PM   #170
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Ok, Southpaws and Caspers are ready to go!

Last season, the Southpaws and the "Energizer Bunnies" were my two OL teams, while the "Caspers" was FTP but not OL.

This season, Southpaws and Caspers will be in OL, and are in entry pool now ready for Rookie league next season. I have just completed making sure they both have OL-compliant rosters.

Here is the detailed info:

id: allenciox team: Cary Southpaws
id: milowindby team: Weston Pointe Caspers

Those names are placeholders for now until I figure out better long-term names for them (Southpaws are not actually lefties at this point).

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:11 PM   #171
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Make sure you add the -OL designation to your team names because otherwise they won’t show up when people go to add your teams to their friend list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
Last season, the Southpaws and the "Energizer Bunnies" were my two OL teams, while the "Caspers" was FTP but not OL.

This season, Southpaws and Caspers will be in OL, and are in entry pool now ready for Rookie league next season. I have just completed making sure they both have OL-compliant rosters.

Those names are placeholders for now until I figure out better long-term names for them (Southpaws are not actually lefties at this point).
Old 03-29-2020, 04:13 PM   #172
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Arrow

Hooterville is all set for OL action starting tomorrow morning.

Don't forget to make sure you have no active Live Cards in your line-ups and reserve roster, especially if you have things set up for the AI to handle your roster moves.

Also make sure to double check Jason's OL Member spread sheet and confirm that you have all of the OL members marked as friends.

If you wait until tomorrow, it will be too late and you'll be forced to have to wait a week before possibly getting assigned in with other OL member teams.

Thanks to all of you for joining (whether this is your 3rd season or your 1st) and helping make Our League a reality.

It is also appreciated for those of you who contribute and post good-natured forum board posts, which help make Our League, a fun and positive group experience for all.

Good Luck in Season 3 of Our League!
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:49 PM   #173
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
Hooterville is all set for OL action starting tomorrow morning.

Don't forget to make sure you have no active Live Cards in your line-ups and reserve roster, especially if you have things set up for the AI to handle your roster moves.

Also make sure to double check Jason's OL Member spread sheet and confirm that you have all of the OL members marked as friends.

If you wait until tomorrow, it will be too late and you'll be forced to have to wait a week before possibly getting assigned in with other OL member teams.

Thanks to all of you for joining (whether this is your 3rd season or your 1st) and helping make Our League a reality.

It is also appreciated for those of you who contribute and post good-natured forum board posts, which help make Our League, a fun and positive group experience for all.

Good Luck in Season 3 of Our League!
Is this link the up to date list of OL teams or is there another list somewhere that has more teams?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...jCc/edit#gid=0
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:05 PM   #174
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
Is this link the up to date list of OL teams or is there another list somewhere that has more teams?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...jCc/edit#gid=0

Yes, that is the Master Our League List.

If possible, be sure to double check it before going to bed tonight.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:18 PM   #175
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
Yes, that is the Master Our League List.

If possible, be sure to double check it before going to bed tonight.
Another reminder. If you are just logging into PT to add friends be sure to hit submit team when you are done. I am guilty of that once last season.

I'm sticking with my Coney Island team name but without realizing it is closer to being the my 70's theme team Boogie Knights. Between what I got from packs and the moves in the AH six of my starting eight played part or all of their careers in the 1970's
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:06 PM   #176
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Make sure you add the -OL designation to your team names because otherwise they won’t show up when people go to add your teams to their friend list.
I will do that as soon as I can bring up my teams. Unfortunately, for 30+ times over the past 4 hours, whenever I try to do that I get a "card sync error".

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:20 PM   #177
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
just an fyi if you are doing tourneys.... if you have a bronze lineup, jump in the Monday super bronze (128 teams; prizes down through 8th place)....

down to 25 spots left and they'll fill up quick now with a day to go... only see a couple OL teams in there now, so nab a spot before its gone

Oops, put in one of my auto-pilot teams by mistake. I use them to pull packs with so I'm not tempted to with Port Ruppert. I've only failed once, when the AH was really a waste of time and 5K burned a hole in my wallet. I got a historical silver, a couple of low bronze and irons, and a low 80 live gold for my folly.

I've attached the logos of the teams so you can wave hi if they show up in your league. All I do with them is cash in their points and rip packs, let the AI set the roster, and pop them into tourneys. Only takes twenty minute a couple of time a day. Not sure when I'll have the time to get them ready for OL, but one of them, the Freedonia Liberation Front, is gonna be pretty good. They've had the kind of pack luck I've read about and only half-believed. I may detail it sometime. It kind of defines dumb luck. They'll be promoted to iron after losing in the semis.

They're gonna be pretty loaded when they start. By Thursday, I almost was gonna switch them out for Port Ruppert, but it didn't feel right to have the only name left from day one of OL not to be there if it was compliant. Besides I put my effort into getting the Mundys ready. As I wrote above, Freedonia was just dumb luck, and believe me, I was dumb and dumber in luck with that team.

The other, the Memphis Chicos, is about what you'd expect and is gonna have a tough road. They've had average pack luck and mediocre results in tourneys. They did end up at .500 in R143 and lost in the wild card, so will be moving up to stone. Port Ruppert, Palolo, and Hartford were also in R143, and will remain rookies after finishing 20th, 29th, and 30th, respectively. Memphis played Port Ruppert and and Palolo, going 17 and 9. Hartford did not play them.

The Chicos may be a good while arriving in OL. The Liberation Front has been so lucky, I will be trying hard to get them in soon.

The theme of the names should be obvious from the logos, but you get bonus points for correct pronunciation of one name and extra bonus points for the name of the movie associated with the other.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 03-29-2020 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:29 PM   #178
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post

Might I suggest, the Springfield Groundskeepers?
Attached Images
Old 03-29-2020, 06:40 PM   #179
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

here's the latest list (web page updated as well)... though the Cary Southpaws don't yet have the OL tag in-game, but added them as well to the list.
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:38 PM   #180
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
here's the latest list (web page updated as well)... though the Cary Southpaws don't yet have the OL tag in-game, but added them as well to the list.

The Palolo Puppies are in Rookie 143.