Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-16-2020, 03:38 PM   #1
LetsGoMocs
Minors (Single A)

Difference between Pre-Ordering and Steam?

What is the difference between pre-ordering and getting it tomorrow and waiting until it comes out on Steam?

Steam's automatic updates really appeal to me, as I don't want to have to mess with updating the game myself when patches come out. However, getting the game three or four days earlier during this coronavirus stuff with all the extra free time I have is...appealing
LetsGoMocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 04:40 PM   #2
DDover
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just couldn't wait

I did Steam for OOTP18 and 19. Honestly, I love Steam and it's automatic updates are great. I did pull the trigger and pre-order, because my son (age 12) and I are both home for the forseeable future with COVID-19 lockdowns on school and my office. So, it will help pass some of the time over the next few days.

With that said, if you can wait 3 days, wait. Steam worked great.
DDover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 04:40 PM   #3
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

It's the same game either way. There's no functional difference between the versions.

Steam does take a larger percentage, so buying direct does help support us better, however we are well aware that there are many reasons people prefer to order on Steam. Buying direct you also get it 3 days early as well, obviously. Either way, we just hope you buy the game and enjoy it
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 07:10 PM   #4
mattkma
Major Leagues

I posted in another thread but will ask here as well - the preorder doesn't include a Linux download...correct? I'm itching.....LOL
mattkma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 10:04 PM   #5
Clavette
Major Leagues

If I preorder from OOTP can I still have the game on steam after release without having to pay anything more?
Clavette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 10:08 PM   #6
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
It's the same game either way. There's no functional difference between the versions.

Steam does take a larger percentage, so buying direct does help support us better, however we are well aware that there are many reasons people prefer to order on Steam. Buying direct you also get it 3 days early as well, obviously. Either way, we just hope you buy the game and enjoy it
Matt: I already ordered direct to support my developers but which option is better for mods? Steam Workshop or direct?
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:28 AM   #7
cienpelusas
Minors (Single A)

My concern is with mods/workshop content. Steam makes it super easy to download for example the super facegen pack, historic ballparks, rosters, etc...

Is too much trouble to do so on the website version? Is there any list of forum topics with the best mods (I always find impossible to find anything on OOTP boards)?

If it is easy enough I might buy now and give the devs all the money instead of Steam. Thanks!
cienpelusas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 06:30 PM   #8
Marinerstar123
Bat Boy

Can you import games from OOTP 20 steam to OOTP 21, not steam?
Marinerstar123 is offline   Reply With Quote