Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-14-2020, 04:09 PM   #41
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Did you even watch the video ? They pretty much showed all the elements that are there and what you can do.

Quite clearly you can't create custom sign boards, buildings, bridges, or pastoral landscapes. The game you're looking for is Sim City (Although I wouldn't be surprised if some of this stuff is added in the future or by modders). But when the video pretty clearly shows what you can do and it's been stated it's a version 1.0 and basic, these questions seem a bit unnecessary.
I watched the video and saw it was very limited in what could be done... my reason for posting my questions was because Markus was active on the Forum at that time and I was hoping he would say that down the road this would be possible.

It always good to hear what future plans Markus has for his wonderful game.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 06:30 PM   #42
FSUKegman
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Did you even watch the video ? They pretty much showed all the elements that are there and what you can do.

Quite clearly you can't create custom sign boards, buildings, bridges, or pastoral landscapes. The game you're looking for is Sim City (Although I wouldn't be surprised if some of this stuff is added in the future or by modders). But when the video pretty clearly shows what you can do and it's been stated it's a version 1.0 and basic, these questions seem a bit unnecessary.
Wow...that escalated quickly, I think we found the guy having a bad day. LOL Relax brother, this is a message board and people will ask questions of all kinds...it's all good. Mr. Church, you keep asking away buddy.
FSUKegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 07:38 PM   #43
koohead
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Yes, everything is moddable. It is not trivial, but modders will make it happen
might have to quit my day job....
Old 03-14-2020, 08:27 PM   #44
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

This looks great.

As others have said, this is more than I had expected for 1.0. And it looks pretty easy to use from what Rich demonstrated.

And the fact that the design / geographic location automatically impacts the park-factors is impressive.

Outstanding work.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:51 PM   #45
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUKegman View Post
Wow...that escalated quickly, I think we found the guy having a bad day. LOL Relax brother, this is a message board and people will ask questions of all kinds...it's all good. Mr. Church, you keep asking away buddy.
Uhhh yeah, I wasn't angry in the least, but thanks for reading into my tone and trying to goad me. Not going to happen. Your post is infinitely more emotional than mine was, seemingly.

I know Eugene Church as a thoughtful, even-keeled, positive contributing and long-time member of the forums. His questions to me came off like someone who was expecting the world in version 1.0 and had just typed a bunch of questions without having actually watched the video, or asked questions he clearly already knew the answer to if he had watched the video, and was almost voicing them as displeasure since the answer would surely be 'no' almost all around.

Had he prefaced his question with "In future versions of the ballpark kit, will we be able to?" ... I wouldn't have even bothered commenting, but, at least in my reading of it, the question wasn't laid out that way. But it turns out that's in fact what he was asking - for future versions. All good.

Carry on.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 01:58 AM   #46
cienpelusas
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Yes, we will improve this of course. We will also add the ability to preview the elements before selection etc.
Also related to this (sorry if it feels a little bit off-topic, feel free to reach via message), how can one help with the UI feedback and other bugs, suggestions, etc... during the pre-release testing of the game and the developing of each release while it's been coding? Given my background and the passion for the game, I've always thought about it but never truly found the courage or whatever to ask. Thanks!
cienpelusas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 02:03 AM   #47
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
1) Will we be able to create minor league stadiums with small capacities and various types of exteriors.
2) Will we be able to design small stadiums with little or no bleachers in the outfield?
3)... and will we be able to design the background behind the stadium showing pastoral landscape or woods?
4) Will we be able to design buildings and bridges outside of the ballpark.
5) Will we be able to create custom sign boards inside the ballpark with commercial enterprises?
1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3) Modders will add new backgrounds, yes.
4) In a future version.
5) In a future version.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 02:05 AM   #48
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cienpelusas View Post
Also related to this (sorry if it feels a little bit off-topic, feel free to reach via message), how can one help with the UI feedback and other bugs, suggestions, etc... during the pre-release testing of the game and the developing of each release while it's been coding? Given my background and the passion for the game, I've always thought about it but never truly found the courage or whatever to ask. Thanks!
We will have a public beta subforum for this
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 05:11 AM   #49
FSUKegman
Minors (Triple A)

I can't wait to see what the future holds for the ballpark creator. It's going to be fun to see what everyone comes up with and what the modders will be able to do. Everyone at OOTP deserves a big thank you for all their hardwork and the modders here that make a great game even more enjoyable deserve one to. Thank you guys for all your hard work and dedication!
FSUKegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 06:04 AM   #50
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Will we be able to build real stadiums like Negro League ballparks or is this just fictional stuff?
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 06:28 AM   #51
cienpelusas
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdw1000 View Post
Will we be able to build real stadiums like Negro League ballparks or is this just fictional stuff?
I don't know for sure but my understanding is that as long as either the OOTP team or modders add the elements of the stadium to the "building parts" of the CK we'll be able to pretty much mix and match everything and build whatever we can think of.
cienpelusas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:51 AM   #52
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

all of you sketchup guru's get ready!!!! for those of us who are artistically challenged we fully depend on your genius to enhance this epic game! rest your fingers and get to hammering out brilliance on tuesday
jparker2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 10:05 AM   #53
Marcelo1967
Bat Boy

Main Stands behind home plate

Can you also edit the main stands behind home plate? I didn't see that on the preview video. Thank you
Marcelo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 10:23 AM   #54
jdolecek49
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Figured it might deserve its own thread. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGUT...ature=youtu.be

I totally dig it! the more I learn about 21 it just blows me away, just seems like ootp21 is lightyears ahead compared to last years game....I just bought 20 3 weeks ago, then pre-ordered 21 last week and I'm just blown away by it all....as a 49 yr old guy, never thought i would find a game i enjoyed so much...i'm finding myself spending just about every waking moment play...love it....thank you for making me feel young again and for bring me back to the best part of my life once again.
jdolecek49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 10:35 AM   #55
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Uhhh yeah, I wasn't angry in the least, but thanks for reading into my tone and trying to goad me. Not going to happen. Your post is infinitely more emotional than mine was, seemingly.

I know Eugene Church as a thoughtful, even-keeled, positive contributing and long-time member of the forums. His questions to me came off like someone who was expecting the world in version 1.0 and had just typed a bunch of questions without having actually watched the video, or asked questions he clearly already knew the answer to if he had watched the video, and was almost voicing them as displeasure since the answer would surely be 'no' almost all around.

Had he prefaced his question with "In future versions of the ballpark kit, will we be able to?" ... I wouldn't have even bothered commenting, but, at least in my reading of it, the question wasn't laid out that way. But it turns out that's in fact what he was asking - for future versions. All good.

Carry on.
All is well... peace,my friend.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 12:07 PM   #56
spartacus007
Minors (Triple A)

This is AMAZING.

Even these "limited" features of the Ballpark Creator are going to mean a lot for me and my playstyles with immersion. This was one of my favorite parts of Earl Weaver Baseball when I was a kid. I am pumped, and so glad I pre-ordered.

I especially appreciate how changing the dimensions automatically updates the ballpark factors.

I can't wait to get started on a cornfield league, lol

Historical Mode:
OOTP 24 (Challenge Mode)
⚾ 1901-19 Reds: 🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🏆🏆🏆🏆
FHM 10
🏒 1909-18 Wanderers: 🏆
🏒 1918-19: Arenas/St. Patricks: 🏆🏆
spartacus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 02:02 PM   #57
lschaef
Minors (Triple A)

Will it be possible to edit the premade MLB ballparks? Or just parks initially made in the Ballpark Constructor Kit?
lschaef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 02:07 PM   #58
swoboda
All Star Starter

Must admit when I first heard this I just kind of moved on, but the video zoomed my interest level.
This will be a fun feature, probably a few hiccups coming out of the gate, but it will definitely add to the game.

The late great Lindsey Nelson
swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 02:36 PM   #59
The Game
Hall Of Famer

That is so cool. My 1st park is gonna look like someone from New Era designed it.

Question.I play in a version of Baker Bowl that silvam made for me that has seating on top of RF like Fenway. I want it to look like there bullpens underneath the Rf stands along with some eating like old Comiskey, is that type of thing possible without modders help currently?
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 03:27 PM   #60
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

question about the stadium build kit... lets say we want to bring back the expos will there be a way that we can import someones stadium build into our game so that we don't have to design it ourselfs?
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote