Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 02-22-2020, 11:21 AM   #21
mars001
All Star Reserve

Super excited about all of these. Never thought 3D would be so important to me, but it really has made the game more enjoyable and immersive. Multiple cameras and follow the ball are huge! I REALLY hope all of the boundary issues have been addressed though. SO many plays where the ball and/or player run through the walls. I've been posting them in the bug forum seemingly forever.
mars001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 11:51 AM   #22
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Add another that is excited to see the "follow the ball" camera.

With the addition, in XX, of export cameras to all parks I built a ton of camera views and they are great. My one wish, as I built these, was can we please have a camera that follows the ball? It's here!
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 12:08 PM   #23
ButtersFTW
Minors (Single A)

3D is why i only play OOTP exclusively and dont bother with any of the other text-based sims. Graphics will never be MLBTS level, but I dont care about that because I put realistic results and stats over graphics. Any of you remember the old Baseball Pro PC game? OOTP has now replaced that with the 3D they offer. I hope 3D improvements will always be on the worklist.
ButtersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 01:37 PM   #24
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We are still debating this. In commish mode you will be able to build as many ballparks as you want, but when in normal mode we'll likely tie this to some event & owner discussion.

If we're allowed to build a new stadium possibly at the direction of the owner, does this mean the computer AI will do the same?

Last edited by Aceshigh24; 02-22-2020 at 01:43 PM.
Aceshigh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 02:06 PM   #25
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

A long time ago, I feared animation and 3D because it might lead to an arcade-type game. My fears were misplaced. OOTPD is doing things right and these improvements are only increasing immersion and enjoyment.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 02:57 PM   #26
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
A long time ago, I feared animation and 3D because it might lead to an arcade-type game. My fears were misplaced. OOTPD is doing things right and these improvements are only increasing immersion and enjoyment.

I always wanted 3D graphics. But not the button mashing type of game so they have delivered on exactly what I want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2020, 03:00 PM   #27
ButtersFTW
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
I always wanted 3D graphics. But not the button mashing type of game so they have delivered on exactly what I want

will the current handmade historical 3D ballparks work in 21 as is?
ButtersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 03:10 PM   #28
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtersFTW View Post
will the current handmade historical 3D ballparks work in 21 as is?

They work, but there is some updating of certain textures that need to be done, which I assure you is being done now and I plan to have new updated versions available by release

Old 02-22-2020, 03:11 PM   #29
Pendragon
Minors (Double A)

I'm very tempted to put the 21 preorder on my birthday wish list; however, I would really like to see more video of the 3D and more details about the coming enhancements to gameplay in general. With a tight budget, I need to determine whether 21 offers enough to justify upgrading from 20 or if 20 will be enough for now.
Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 06:27 PM   #30
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
I remember the endless arguments it generated on this forum.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 12:58 PM   #31
swoboda
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Watch the trailer here - it shows a brief clip of it right near the beginning. Looks awesome.

https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/preorder/

I also missed that the first time thru. Excellent !
I put a lot of time into setting custom cam views trading off good views for full field view, this will help a lot.

Before I forget, would be nice if your custom cams are not overwritten with every update/patch issued for 21

The late great Lindsey Nelson
swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 01:05 PM   #32
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoboda View Post
I also missed that the first time thru. Excellent !
I put a lot of time into setting custom cam views trading off good views for full field view, this will help a lot.

Before I forget, would be nice if your custom cams are not overwritten with every update/patch issued for 21
Not the ideal solution, but if you're familiar with where the game files are, go to the "Data" folder, "Ballparks". Inside Ballparks is a folder named "Models"

Make a copy of the "Models" folder after you've made all your custom Cams. After a patch is installed, overwrite the new "Models" folder with the copy you saved.

All your camera views will be there.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 04:57 PM   #33
swoboda
All Star Starter

Quote:
Not the ideal solution, but if you're familiar with where the game files are, go to the "Data" folder, "Ballparks". Inside Ballparks is a folder named "Models"

Make a copy of the "Models" folder after you've made all your custom Cams. After a patch is installed, overwrite the new "Models" folder with the copy you saved.

Thanks for the tip, if this problem isn't solved in 21, I will definitely use your technique.

The late great Lindsey Nelson
swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:20 AM   #34
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:

I have many other changes to the ballparks to make them work for my fictional world, so I take this a step further. I make copies of the ballpark folders and have the game point to those instead. These don't get touched with the patches and I don't have to keep copying over.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:57 AM   #35
rbaezam79
Minors (Single A)

I usually play close to 100% of my team's games, so all these 3D changes are very welcome. I also hope they fix some minor 3D animations issues that were present in the 20 version.
rbaezam79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 05:27 PM   #36
Goalie39
Minors (Single A)

Excited to see the Stadium Builder!

I didn't have the time to invest learning SketchIt and building models from scratch. Thank you for making a tool for us for customizing our games.

Hopefully we can make all sizes of stadiums, from a small Indie league park that holds around 5,000 fans all the way to a new MLB park that holds 45K plus.

Fingers crossed!
Goalie39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 05:19 AM   #37
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Yea, I almost always play modern MLB, but I am really looking forward to seeing the Stadium Builder as well. Hopefully, they will have some info about it on the Franchise Deep-dive stream.

Also, I would be curious to know if they are looking to refine the 3D player-models and stadiums in 21; From what I saw on the twitch stream, they seemed the same as before, but I know that is not the finished product. With the these new camera settings and ball follows, it would be great to those kinds of refinements combined with the new animations that were mentioned.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 08:05 AM   #38
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
I'm very tempted to put the 21 preorder on my birthday wish list; however, I would really like to see more video of the 3D and more details about the coming enhancements to gameplay in general. With a tight budget, I need to determine whether 21 offers enough to justify upgrading from 20 or if 20 will be enough for now.
Honestly just from Mondays stream the UI is so improved just seeing it in action don't know if I could ever use the old UI again.

That is how improved the UI looked in the stream. Makes it feel and look completely brand new.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:50 AM   #39
AKAthatoneguy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We are still debating this. In commish mode you will be able to build as many ballparks as you want, but when in normal mode we'll likely tie this to some event & owner discussion.
Wait, does this mean that in my 11-year Challenge Mode fictional save, I'll be stuck with the same bland stadiums for every team until the owner decides its time for new ones? Please tell me the answer is no, as I play out 80-90% of my team's games and I've really been looking forward to some variety and team identity through unique stadiums.

It wouldn't be an issue if we could turn off Challenge Mode. Failing that, I'd like it if we could do things like add a minor league level within the mode. I made the mistake of starting my save in Challenge Mode and I wish I hadn't, but I'm way too far in to start over now and I don't want to lose all of my league's history and players.
AKAthatoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:59 AM   #40
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAthatoneguy View Post
Wait, does this mean that in my 11-year Challenge Mode fictional save, I'll be stuck with the same bland stadiums for every team until the owner decides its time for new ones? Please tell me the answer is no, as I play out 80-90% of my team's games and I've really been looking forward to some variety and team identity through unique stadiums.

It wouldn't be an issue if we could turn off Challenge Mode. Failing that, I'd like it if we could do things like add a minor league level within the mode. I made the mistake of starting my save in Challenge Mode and I wish I hadn't, but I'm way too far in to start over now and I don't want to lose all of my league's history and players.
As said, we're still finalizing how it all ties in, but when Markus mentions "normal mode" there, challenge mode would for sure be included in that. He's just referring to games where you are not the commish and simply playing them out like normal.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote