Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-19-2019, 12:33 AM   #1
jerheme
Minors (Single A)

Huge Mistake...My Bad

I gave my Portland Mist franchise a new stadium in 2041. Why not, right? We had won 7 Championships in 22 years, we deserve the best.

Well, I mistyped the seating capacity and didn't check it until the end of July. I had it set at 50!

Not 500. Not 5,000. Not 50,000. 50.

My gate income was absolutely ruined.

I thought I would for sure lose my job (I play GM only) but I survived. However, I now have two new goals from my owner. 1 is attendance related and 1 is profit related. Usually I hate these type of goals, but I lost the team ALOT of money with my mistake.

To be fair though. If I could see the empty seats I would have noticed before July

Also side note...season ticket sales were down but not gone (18,000). This means season ticket holders couldn't even go to games!
jerheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:09 AM   #2
Buster Cherry
Minors (Triple A)

I did that once with a franchise I moved from Havana to Miami Beach. Typed 20 instead of 20,000 into the seating capacity.
Buster Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:50 AM   #3
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

I did this with a new expansion team in my fictional league. The stadium was suppose to have a 49,000 capacity but it only had a 49 capacity. They ended up making $17,000 in ticket revenue instead of $17,000,000. Oops.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:00 AM   #4
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

I know that OOTP is sandboxy, but here should probably be a minimum seating capacity per level in the entry cell to prevent this type of thing; like 10,000.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:53 AM   #5
jerheme
Minors (Single A)

Minimums would have saved by butt
Old 06-19-2019, 02:25 PM   #6
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Did that once. I was (and you are) so screwed for a bit. It got better.

https://youtu.be/xzYO0joolR0

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:54 PM   #7
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Those 50 fans really got to know each other well though
Old 06-20-2019, 09:53 AM   #8
mmarra82
Major Leagues

Hit the backup!
mmarra82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:08 AM   #9
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

This thread is chuckle-worthy on several levels:
  1. Owner: "Who's the moron who approved this? You, Jerheme? Tell me, what are we going to do with the multi-deck parking garage that we just finished building? Turn it into condos?"
  2. Contractor: "Uh, Mr. Jerheme, is says right here in the specs that you approved that there were to be 50 jumbo-sized luxury suites. We had trouble getting the 49th and 50th in there, to tell you the truth. We wondered, but we figured you were into some 1% rich folk marketing gig."
  3. Contractor: "So now you want to rip them out and install regular seating? That's gonna cost a bundle! Well, at least we won't need any more restrooms. Got 50 of those already."

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 06-20-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:16 AM   #10
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
  1. Owner: "Who's the moron who approved this? You, Jerheme? Tell me, what are we going to do with the multi-deck parking garage that we just finished building? Turn it into condos?"
  2. Contractor: "Uh, Mr. Jerheme, is says right here in the specs that you approved that there were to be 50 jumbo-sized luxury suites. We had trouble getting the 49th and 50th in there, to tell you the truth. We wondered, but we figured you were into some 1% rich folk marketing gig."
  3. Contractor: "So now you want to rip them out and install regular seating? That's gonna cost a bundle! Well, at least we won't need any more restrooms. Got 50 of those already."
50 suites with a capacity of one!
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:23 AM   #11
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
50 suites with a capacity of one!
Yes, I envision Howard Hughes-types. You know, eccentrics who would live full-time in their suites, shunning all outside contact and neglecting personal hygiene. Just so they could concentrate on their fabulous views of the game of Baseball!

[Um, what they would do for five or six months of off-season, and half of the regular season, is problematic. I figure these rich folks would have enough dough to finance their own 24/7/365 in-house league, though.]

- Bru

Old 06-20-2019, 06:39 PM   #12
jerheme
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarra82 View Post
Hit the backup!
The backup was too old. I learned my lesson, haha.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:40 PM   #13
jerheme
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Exactly! It is a ridiculously scenario.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:30 AM   #14
Tram2Whitaker
All Star Reserve

That's when you decide to test the limits of ticket pricing. 50,000 seats at $20? More like 50 seats at $20,000!
Old 06-25-2019, 04:21 PM   #15
dewelar
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert98 View Post
I know that OOTP is sandboxy, but here should probably be a minimum seating capacity per level in the entry cell to prevent this type of thing; like 10,000.
A bit late -- this is not a bad idea, but not sure how easy it would be to implement. 10,000 might be a good minimum for modern MLB, but there were plenty of venues in the 19th century that seated fewer, and of course you might not want any lower bound for minor league parks.
dewelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:46 AM   #16
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewelar View Post
A bit late -- this is not a bad idea, but not sure how easy it would be to implement. 10,000 might be a good minimum for modern MLB, but there were plenty of venues in the 19th century that seated fewer, and of course you might not want any lower bound for minor league parks.
With a game as complex as this, there is no substitute for careful maintenance of settings - or for coming to the forum and sharing your humorous goof-up when you don't!

- Bru

Old 06-26-2019, 06:31 PM   #17
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerheme View Post
I gave my Portland Mist franchise a new stadium in 2041. Why not, right? We had won 7 Championships in 22 years, we deserve the best.

Well, I mistyped the seating capacity and didn't check it until the end of July. I had it set at 50!

Not 500. Not 5,000. Not 50,000. 50.

My gate income was absolutely ruined.

I thought I would for sure lose my job (I play GM only) but I survived. However, I now have two new goals from my owner. 1 is attendance related and 1 is profit related. Usually I hate these type of goals, but I lost the team ALOT of money with my mistake.

To be fair though. If I could see the empty seats I would have noticed before July

Also side note...season ticket sales were down but not gone (18,000). This means season ticket holders couldn't even go to games!
Well strictly speaking I assume you actually had a sell out for every home game? Perhaps it was set up with a small contained area of seating from dugout to dugout and then was just fenced off like a Little League park so that people could just walk up and watch the game for free if they didn't want to buy one of the few covered seats? Pretty nice to give back to the fans after a few championships like that...
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote