Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-06-2018, 08:42 PM   #1
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
The curious case of the Cooper Gutter Cats - long post

Thought is was a catchy title, not sure how many music fans from the 70's will catch the reference of the team name. Bonus points if you do.

So inspired by a guy in the First season discussion thread by someone who mentioned he had assembled his team and was happy and thought it would be fun to create a second team with no money, and I thought that was a great idea.

I had spent $20 to try and assemble a cool historic team, which is important to me since I disowned baseball in 1994 when those greedy (censored) on both sides canceled the world series. I was a HUGE baseball fan pre 1994 and currently am collecting vintage baseball cards and listening to a ton of of old games on youtube....I can name about 20 current players...maybe..

All that said, there is hope for the FTP player, I admit I seem to have gotten lucky but pulled two perfect cards, both after buying packs with earned points.I got Chris Sale which I threw into my starting rotation and then Eckersley who netted me 42k in cash in the AH almost immediately.

Shopping time.....got the Iron Horse and Ellis Burks and lots of points to spend looking for good buys on elite players....this team could be better than my team I paid points for......very cool and just wanted to share.

edit: Guess it wasn't that long but thought it was an interesting case study.....could be super lucky.....

Last edited by mcdog512; 12-06-2018 at 09:57 PM.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 06:40 PM   #2
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Well, just clinched the division title in league Pi MY. Still a free to play team, no money invested....and yes I got extremely lucky.....
Old 12-15-2018, 11:27 PM   #3
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

I also have a 2nd team as a free to play relaxing squad and I pulled a perfect DeGrom midway thru last season and just now pulled 98 overall Syndegaard. As my park on this team is very pitcher friendly, I'm quite enjoying watching the way this plays out. That said, I played a 58 overall at 2b for hte first 120 or so games of this my 2nd season so...its a balancing act.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 09:09 AM   #4
KinrossFlyers
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Location: About 1 1/2 hours from Kinross, home of Kinchloe Air Force base.
School's Out for summer!
KinrossFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:57 AM   #5
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

I've got two teams and I haven't purchased any PP for either. The first team was promoted to Silver and finished the season at .500 -- and that team was from the initial release. I think it's easier now that the market has collapsed for bronze and most of silver cards. The other team is in the playoffs in their first season in Bronze.

So, it's certainly viable to play Perfect Team without dumping money in it and be at least somewhat competitive.

Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:02 PM   #6
Hammercraft
All Star Reserve

How do people get two teams?
Hammercraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:27 PM   #7
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammercraft View Post
How do people get two teams?
I don't know if it's ENCOURAGED but it's allowed. You can have up to 3.
You just sign up with another email address. Just don't try any shenanigans between your teams. They watch for that.

Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 02:19 AM   #8
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Thought is was a catchy title, not sure how many music fans from the 70's will catch the reference of the team name. Bonus points if you do.

So inspired by a guy in the First season discussion thread by someone who mentioned he had assembled his team and was happy and thought it would be fun to create a second team with no money, and I thought that was a great idea.

I had spent $20 to try and assemble a cool historic team, which is important to me since I disowned baseball in 1994 when those greedy (censored) on both sides canceled the world series. I was a HUGE baseball fan pre 1994 and currently am collecting vintage baseball cards and listening to a ton of of old games on youtube....I can name about 20 current players...maybe..

All that said, there is hope for the FTP player, I admit I seem to have gotten lucky but pulled two perfect cards, both after buying packs with earned points.I got Chris Sale which I threw into my starting rotation and then Eckersley who netted me 42k in cash in the AH almost immediately.

Shopping time.....got the Iron Horse and Ellis Burks and lots of points to spend looking for good buys on elite players....this team could be better than my team I paid points for......very cool and just wanted to share.

edit: Guess it wasn't that long but thought it was an interesting case study.....could be super lucky.....

"Hey..remember the time, remember the time we took that snake and we put it down little Betsy's dress. Now I don't think Ms. Alma Mater was much impressed........REMEMBER THE COOP
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:22 AM   #9
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
"Hey..remember the time, remember the time we took that snake and we put it down little Betsy's dress. Now I don't think Ms. Alma Mater was much impressed........REMEMBER THE COOP

I love that album.....