Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-25-2018, 05:57 PM   #61
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_gringo View Post
Lukas, this series is bonkers...

My manager just made Diaz pitch 3 full innings (39 pitches) after blowing the save in the bottom of the 9th by allowing you to tie it up, and somehow he gets the win (and... also a save, maybe? How does that rule work in this situation?) after I score in the top of the 11th and he closes out the game.

Then Diaz closes out the next game, throwing 11 pitches.

I guess it was the right call in hindsight, but that was an extremely bold managerial strategy, and not at all in line with my quick hooks on all pitchers... ☉.☉
Ouch, wasn't expecting to get swept! Well done and excellent job of getting revenge for last season

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 06:28 PM   #62
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Ouch, wasn't expecting to get swept! Well done and excellent job of getting revenge for last season
Sweet, sweet revenge indeed! Thanks, didn't expect to sweep such a strong team ☉.☉ You'll be back strong next yea... well, in a new incarnation once everything goes live

Whatever happens in the next series, I'm pretty happy with how the defense/speed/smallball/pitch to contact route seems to work, both on the field and from the 'front office' perspective.

I'm not touching any settings, that's for sure - my AI manager has complete free reign after that unconventional and effective bunch of decisions it made...

Who's next, Orcin or Bobble?
el_gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 07:34 PM   #63
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Great series, Orcin. Now, time to take The Pines to the woodshed!

Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 07:39 PM   #64
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Great series, Orcin. Now, time to take The Pines to the woodshed!
My pitching failed me.

Good luck in the championship series and see you on the other side of the reset!
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:06 PM   #65
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Wow, a sweep by the Pines! Congrats, el_gringo! You are the master of pitching and defense in a big park.

Name:  gold series.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  68.7 KB

Last edited by Orcin; 11-25-2018 at 11:17 PM.
Old 11-25-2018, 11:13 PM   #66
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

My Louisville Colonels 3-year beta record:

Name:  beta history.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  42.1 KB
Old 11-26-2018, 04:29 AM   #67
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Man, el_gringo just schooled us all. Portland didn't lose a game the entire playoffs

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:28 AM   #68
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Congrats, el_gringo! Dominating. You punked us all. #tipcap

Old 11-26-2018, 03:44 PM   #69
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks all, it was quite the season!

I'm honestly as impressed as you are after getting bounced from the playoffs the previous two season with basically the same team.

I think the difference this year honestly was that it was the first season all of my main position players started with max/near max defense in their (newly learned) positions. Simmons killed it at 3B, Lindor is scary good at 2B, and Hamilton's LF defense and speed made him worth it over many gold/diamond options. Also, Jose Ramirez gave up his attachment to the Mendoza Line and finally hit at a decent clip, so that helped...

Anyways, I'd like to thank Fordyce High School baseball legend (maybe? who knows...) Bear Bryant for his inspirational mantra 'Defense Wins the World Series!'

Hope you've all learned how to play smallball in the so-called 'three true outcomes' era, it worked well enough I think I'll lean into it hard again once PT goes live
Old 11-26-2018, 04:13 PM   #70
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_gringo View Post
Thanks all, it was quite the season!

I'm honestly as impressed as you are after getting bounced from the playoffs the previous two season with basically the same team.

I think the difference this year honestly was that it was the first season all of my main position players started with max/near max defense in their (newly learned) positions. Simmons killed it at 3B, Lindor is scary good at 2B, and Hamilton's LF defense and speed made him worth it over many gold/diamond options. Also, Jose Ramirez gave up his attachment to the Mendoza Line and finally hit at a decent clip, so that helped...

Anyways, I'd like to thank Fordyce High School baseball legend (maybe? who knows...) Bear Bryant for his inspirational mantra 'Defense Wins the World Series!'

Hope you've all learned how to play smallball in the so-called 'three true outcomes' era, it worked well enough I think I'll lean into it hard again once PT goes live
I was looking through your roster, and took me a few minutes to figure out what position everyone was at. There were so many SS on your roster...
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:55 PM   #71
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

I know it doesn't matter with the reset but it's cool to have el_gringo, Ryan, etc. promoted to the same league as I am at the next level. You could really develop some cool rivalries. I don't know if that's intentional or accidental.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:05 PM   #72
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
I know it doesn't matter with the reset but it's cool to have el_gringo, Ryan, etc. promoted to the same league as I am at the next level. You could really develop some cool rivalries. I don't know if that's intentional or accidental.
I'm in the same division as Lukas. I'm sure if we played out the full season, I'd be guilted to spend some money to try to beat him out for the division title (although I'm currently in 4th - the league is getting pretty tough now!)
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:17 PM   #73
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
I'm in the same division as Lukas. I'm sure if we played out the full season, I'd be guilted to spend some money to try to beat him out for the division title (although I'm currently in 4th - the league is getting pretty tough now!)
The league does seem to be getting pretty tough. It's nice having several from your league move up to your new league. It's not nice when you are in the midst of a 9 game losing streak and nobody can hit or pitch anymore.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:20 PM   #74
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
The league does seem to be getting pretty tough. It's nice having several from your league move up to your new league. It's not nice when you are in the midst of a 9 game losing streak and nobody can hit or pitch anymore.
I was tied for the division lead with the Hamberg Rubberduck, then lost a few in a row to finish 4 back. But revenge is sweet as I advanced to the Finals. But lost 4-2 against the stacked team in the league, Kentucky Crowns.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:53 PM   #75
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
I was looking through your roster, and took me a few minutes to figure out what position everyone was at. There were so many SS on your roster...
Ya, I figured why not stick as many natural SS and CF players onto the field as possible? Best way to maximize defense for sure...