Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:36 PM   #1
maayrts
Bat Boy

Hiring Staff in 19

Has there been any changes to how we can go about hiring staff in 19? Especially when hiring managers/coaches, there's often very little information to suggest that a particular candidate would succeed/fail. I like that reputation is the big thing with coaches, since that seems to mirror real life, but in the game if you're trying to hire a manager/coach and there's nobody obvious available with a proven track record, it becomes a tedious crapshoot.

I've actually resorted to picking my top three candidates for a coaching position, then going into commissioner mode to see who has the best ratings and hiring him. After that I try to disregard my hire's ratings and judge him based only on his performance.

I'd also like to eventually be able to poach staff from other teams. I understand this is probably hard to code so that this system isn't exploitable, but I think it would be reasonable to be able to offer the manager's job to another team's bench coach.
maayrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 04:33 AM   #2
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Has anyone noticed if foreign coaches/staff still work far too often in foreign leagues? I know last year the "I'm sorry but I am not comfortable working in a foreign league" response to a contract offer was added....but it needed some real work too.

Has anything been touched in regards to this particular feature/detail?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 04:35 AM   #3
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

repeated post
Old 04-05-2018, 05:48 AM   #4
jfb8300
Minors (Double A)

Another staff hiring deficiency is the AI's inability to promote from within so we can see some staff career progression. If the AAA hitting coach retires, bump the AA coach to AAA, the A coach to AA, and so on. Assuming maybe a Fair or better reputation.

Last edited by jfb8300; 04-05-2018 at 06:23 AM.
jfb8300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:10 AM   #5
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Yes, this is sadly one area of OOTP I am disappointed with year after year. Hopefully now that it’s become a much more mature product, some love can be given to the staff aspect of OOTP.

I think implementing languages amongst staff would go a long way, the ability for the AI to promote...but most importantly to me, a statistically driven dynamic staff system.