Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods

Old 08-26-2004, 11:44 AM   #21
Catalion
Minors (Triple A)

Once done with the lights, will try with the heavies...Will do only pack as a starting point, so not a european - non-european difference on here...yet
Catalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 01:18 PM   #22
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
Can you take some of the lightweight TCs and just change them to other weight classes to get a few in each class. Will their results be significantly different?
Yes, Kevin, Catalion is right, you can do that and the results wont change much (possibly +/- 3% or 4% dependning on the division). Later today I will say more on the expected winning percentage...

Pierre
Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 01:26 PM   #23
Catalion
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal
Yes, Kevin, Catalion is right, you can do that and the results wont change much (possibly +/- 3% or 4% dependning on the division). Later today I will say more on the expected winning percentage...

Pierre
Pierre, regarding winning percentages...how they have been calculed? I mean, using fights of 3, 6, 8, 10, 12 or 15 rounds? I mean, depending on how long the bout lasts, the lower the percentage -or so I guess-
Old 08-26-2004, 07:25 PM   #24
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

The Expected Winning Percentage

Each TC has had 5 fights against the 320 1-rated fighters available in the 17 divisions of the TBCB's default database (I unchecked the box "Adjust for weight class difference"). All fights were for 10 rounds with generic trainers/cutman and all fighters set at prime.

If a gamer use the career stages, the results could be modified, of course, but I don't know by how much since I did not test that. But a legitimate 1-rated fighter at the beginning of his career should normally face a TC at his beginning stage as well (7-8 first fights or so). So that shouldn't modify the results anyway even for those using the career stages.

As I said in a previous post, each of the 160 TCs has a winning percentage expectation ranging from 2% to 19% (overall average around 8%).

A few months ago, I ran a large round robin in wich all the 84 1-rated HWs face each other 10 times (830 bouts/fighter). The five best 1-rated guys won around 75% to 80% of their fights while the weaker ones were around 20%. But, in fact, most of the fighters were in the range of 30% to 60%.

Now... If you pick a TC with an expected winning percentage of 18% and you let him fight 1000 times against one of the best legitimate 1-rated fighters (75% to 80%), that TC will win only 3 to 4% of his fights -- not 18%; Then if you let him fight 1000 times versus a weak legitimate 1-rated guy (25% to 30%), his winning percentage will very likely be over 30%. Actually, his expected winning percentage (18%) is the overall result of his 1600 matches against strong, weak and average 1-rated fighters as those in the TBCB's default database.

Moreover, it also has to be said that the expected winning percentage may vary a little bit depending on the division your TCs will be fighting from. I have no solid testing here to backup my statement but I would say that the deviation should probably range from +/- 3% to 4%. In other words, a TC showing a *general* 14% winning percentage could be in fact anywhere from 10% to 18% assuming that he would face everyone over a few hundreds fights in any particular division.

That's about it. Any question, just let me know.

Pierre
Old 08-26-2004, 10:46 PM   #25
Bonedwarf
All Star Starter

As a boxing neophyte I've never heard this "tomato can" thing before, but it's VERY cool
Bonedwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 01:11 AM   #26
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

Catalion's second pack of LW Tomato Cans has been uploaded to Cornerwork ready for downloading.

Mark
Gunsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 01:41 AM   #27
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

Update, 27/8 (As Gunsmoke wrote elsewhere - hehe)

Update

So, Catalion posted his two first packs in the LW division and he's currently working on the HW division; Sal will submit his BWs a little bit later; As for me, I just completed three packs: MW, WW and LHW. I will do another one (FLY) and I will send all four packs to Mark at Corner Work somewhere this weekend. We should have seven of the eight divisions covered very soon (FW division still available) -- then we go for a second complete run...

Pierre
Old 08-27-2004, 06:56 AM   #28
Bonedwarf
All Star Starter

This is awesome guys. I'm just getting back into TBCB now that my computer that I run it and OOTP on mainly is back in a position I can use it. Look forward to playing with these "tomato cans".

Tempted to make a universe that consists of nothing but them... Could be very strange indeed. Of course, I could put in one or two superstars... Because eventually they'll get beaten. May take a thousand fights, but one of the "cans" has to get a lucky punch sometimes

Keep up the fantastic work. What with this and the random fighter generator... Heaven!
Bonedwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:06 AM   #29
Catalion
Minors (Triple A)

HW pack sent to Cornerwork

My first HW tomato cans pack have been sent to Cornerwork, probably it will be up somewhen between today and tomorrow...This is the summary by nations -if anyone feels that a country is over or under represented, please lemme know-

United States 28
United Kingdom 7
Germany 6
France 5
Italy 5
Spain 5
Australia 4
Canada 4
Denmark 4
Mexico 4
New Zealand 4
Argentina 3
China 3
Finland 3
Ireland 3
Nigeria 3
Norway 3
Russia 3
Sweden 3
Belgium 2
Brazil 2
Bulgaria 2
Croatia 2
Cuba 2
Czech Republic 2
Fiji Islands 2
Ghana 2
Iceland 2
Japan 2
Netherlands 2
Poland 2
Portugal 2
Samoa 2
Scotland 2
South Africa 2
South Korea 2
Ukraine 2
Yugoslavia 2
Austria 1
Colombia 1
Hungary 1
Iraq 1
Jamaica 1
Kazakhstan 1
Lithuania 1
Morocco 1
Namibia 1
North Korea 1
Peru 1
Philippines 1
Romania 1
Saudi Arabia 1
Slovakia 1
Swaziland 1
Switzerland 1
Taiwan 1
Tonga 1
Tuvalu 1
Venezuela 1
Zimbabwe 1
Old 08-27-2004, 07:20 AM   #30
djday45
All Star Starter

Just a quick question, why are people putting in fighters for the United Kingdom then also putting in fighters for Scotland, Wales etc?

Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland ARE PART of the UK.

To my mind either you just have UK fighters only or you split it up into English, Scottish, Welsh and N. Irish fighters and have no one from the UK.

But not both.

Sorry to be fussy but from a Brit like me it just looks weird.

bit like some american fighters saying USA and others saying Texas or California.

rgds
Dean
djday45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:45 AM   #31
Catalion
Minors (Triple A)

djday, I'm to admit that you are completely right on being just one country, the UK. I'm splitting fighters between the country and its nationalities -not the time to start talking about it, I'm a catalonian nationalist - because I started receiving fictional boxers that were at the most from the UK but a couple of them fought under the St. Andrews Cross or the Welsh Dragon. I don't see it as a very important point and it could even have some roleplaying effect, what would happen in real life if a fighter decided not to fight under the union jack but the scottish flag?
I'm a bit hipocrital on this point, as I sent a post with basqeu and catalonian fighters all of them under the Nationality of Spain. I would say that the United Kingdom, England, Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland difference is just a completely cosmetic one. -but I can't help enjoying the yellow flag with the red lion I have as the scottish flag -
Old 08-27-2004, 09:57 AM   #32
djday45
All Star Starter

Well in the UK it really depends on the sport you are talking about. at the moment for example the Olympics has and has always had a Great British team.

Boxing is much the same with "Brits" fighting under the union jack but with sometimes strong nationalistic support.

But in team sports especially football (Soccer to you US guys) there will NEVER be a united kingdom or GB team as the rivalry is far too strong especially between England and Scotland.

rgds
Dean
djday45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 11:42 AM   #33
Catalion
Minors (Triple A)

It's futbol to me, not football -don't forget I'm catalonian thus, wanting it or not, spanish- and I know about the team sports. And if football has a stron rivalry, better not to talk about the Calcuta Cup...I'm not sure if I prefer the Swing Low Sweet Chariot -or however it's called - or the Flower of Scotland...
Catalonia is trying to get -without any kind of success- the same kind of international sports recognition.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:40 PM   #34
Catalion
Minors (Triple A)

Catalion gets one FW pack done

Summary for the TC_Catalion_FW_1 Featherweights for all over the world

-The file has just been sent to Cornerwork, so will be up in the coming days-

Mexico 9
United States 8
Japan 7
Philippines 5
South Africa 5
South Korea 5
United Kingdom 5
France 4
Puerto Rico 4
Spain 4
Argentina 3
Australia 3
Brazil 3
Cuba 3
Denmark 3
Germany 3
Indonesia 3
Italy 3
Peru 3
Thailand 3
Algeria 2
Canada 2
China 2
Colombia 2
Czech Republic 2
Dominican Republic 2
Ethiopia 2
Ghana 2
Hungary 2
Ireland 2
Nicaragua 2
Nigeria 2
North Korea 2
Panama 2
Poland 2
Portugal 2
Romania 2
Russia 2
Sweden 2
Turkey 2
Venezuela 2
Yugoslavia 2
Andorra 1
Antilles 1
Armenia 1
Austria 1
Barbados 1
Bulgaria 1
Chile 1
Croatia 1
Cyprus 1
Ecuador 1
Fiji Islands 1
Greece 1
Iceland 1
Jamaica 1
Liechtenstein 1
Lithuania 1
Monaco 1
Morocco 1
Namibia 1
Netherlands 1
New Zealand 1
Norway 1
Paraguay 1
Slovakia 1
Swaziland 1
Switzerland 1
Taiwan 1
Ukraine 1
Uruguay 1
Old 08-27-2004, 08:15 PM   #35
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

Catalion's HW Tomato Cans pack is now available from the Fictional Fighters section on the Downloads page at Cornerwork.

Looks like I'll be receiving a FW pack soon too

Mark
Gunsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 09:11 PM   #36
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

2005 Time Zone

Hey, Catalion... Still sleeping? - lol. Anyway, if you're going to do a second run next week, take my divisions (LHW, MW, WW, FLY) and I will take yours (LW, HW, FW). My flies are almost done, so I will send my four packs to Mark on Saturday afternoon -- Sunday night for him since he's living in the 2005 time zone

Pierre
Old 08-28-2004, 04:19 AM   #37
SAL
Hall Of Famer

My BW pack has just been sent to Mark

Scot
SAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 04:30 AM   #38
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAL
My BW pack has just been sent to Mark

Scot
Fine, Scot. If you want to do another one, pick any division you want, except maybe LW since Catalion already posted two of them and I will do a third one next week.

Pierre
Old 08-28-2004, 07:30 AM   #39
Catalion
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal
Hey, Catalion... Still sleeping? - lol. Anyway, if you're going to do a second run next week, take my divisions (LHW, MW, WW, FLY) and I will take yours (LW, HW, FW). My flies are almost done, so I will send my four packs to Mark on Saturday afternoon -- Sunday night for him since he's living in the 2005 time zone

Pierre
Whatever the 2005 zone is lol
Old 08-28-2004, 01:04 PM   #40
SAL
Hall Of Famer

I'll do a second pack of 160 bantams

Scot
SAL is offline   Reply With Quote