Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 01-03-2020, 01:46 PM   #1
aquatix
Bat Boy

Quick post to the developers from what may be part of the silent majority

I love this game and the potential it now has after joining OOTP.

I used to check these forums frequently but the trolls and negativity are getting too much. I cannot fathom why people take the time to post and complain like some do. I assume they think it's because the negativity will motivate the developers? Seems silly to me, it's not like these guys don't want our money. Why rush them towards an unfinished project? I imagine part of the delay is figuring out how to work together. But at the end of the day, if you want to post something like "I will no longer buy this game, etc." then who cares? Go away as these forums obviously no longer pertain to you.

Regardless, I'm hoping the developers read this as I feel many others may feel the same way. I'd put money on these opinions (or close to it) being the silent majority, even though those few trolls are trying to make it appear otherwise.

To the developers:

- Do not be disheartened by the naysayers and complainers, it's the internet and that's to be expected. Some of us who don't want to get involved in the posting drama but are looking forward to playing this
- Take your time and put out a great product, if that means next Fall, so be it. Updating us when possible is great.
- Understand that there are many of us (I know of quite a few) who can't wait to buy this WHENEVER it comes out. We just don't feel the need to continually post, asking for updates.
- You guys rock, unfortunately the drama and headaches are just part of doing business on the internet

Looking forward to the game!!
Old 01-03-2020, 02:39 PM   #2
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

why do people like you think we are trolls because we are pushing for news, I've not been rude about Jim etc i have just pushed for news. I think you also made a mistake in your post its "Developer" singular not plural
Old 01-03-2020, 07:28 PM   #3
Spiff
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquatix View Post
- Do not be disheartened by the naysayers and complainers, it's the internet and that's to be expected.
It's also the internet that nobody seems to accept different opinions than their own.
Old 01-04-2020, 08:09 PM   #4
moore4807
All Star Starter

@Spiff - its not "nobody" seems to accept differing opinions, but you also need to realize that OOTP has endured the criticisms before across the range of their products, Jim Gindin has done the same with his company Solcismic. Now they joined forces - WHAT exactly were you expecting? and WHY??? is my "different" opinion.

I've been through all 20 of OOTP versions and saw nearly every possible slipup and mistake they made, and what made me a believer was that through EVERY one of those "Oops" was that OOTP stuck it out, apologized and turned out a continually evolving superior product. I played the first couple editions of FOF and liked it, So since Solcismic was also successful for 10 years with multiple products, why not now they have joined forces??? Because they are taking longer?

Go buy FOF-8 then and get the 8.2 update to tide you over. It's not unreasonable, though its not optimal either, I'll agree. You get nothing but older every day and the goal should to become wiser and kinder as you age... <grin> I've been practicing that on my end...
Old 01-12-2020, 08:08 PM   #5
ButtersFTW
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore4807 View Post
@Spiff - its not "nobody" seems to accept differing opinions, but you also need to realize that OOTP has endured the criticisms before across the range of their products, Jim Gindin has done the same with his company Solcismic. Now they joined forces - WHAT exactly were you expecting? and WHY??? is my "different" opinion.

I've been through all 20 of OOTP versions and saw nearly every possible slipup and mistake they made, and what made me a believer was that through EVERY one of those "Oops" was that OOTP stuck it out, apologized and turned out a continually evolving superior product. I played the first couple editions of FOF and liked it, So since Solcismic was also successful for 10 years with multiple products, why not now they have joined forces??? Because they are taking longer?

Go buy FOF-8 then and get the 8.2 update to tide you over. It's not unreasonable, though its not optimal either, I'll agree. You get nothing but older every day and the goal should to become wiser and kinder as you age... <grin> I've been practicing that on my end...
Can you link to where you get past seasons for FOF8. Or explain where to get them and how to load. Ive tried other forums and no on replies. Im looking for 70s and 80s season
Old 01-13-2020, 11:35 AM   #6
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore4807 View Post
I've been through all 20 of OOTP versions and saw nearly every possible slipup and mistake they made, and what made me a believer was that through EVERY one of those "Oops" was that OOTP stuck it out, apologized and turned out a continually evolving superior product.

That's exactly why I've stuck with them.

I've breathed fire on the forums in the past (distant past, that is) called people out, pouted screamed, yelled - and really for no good reason.

Sometime around version 14 - I jumped in at V11 - I realized, these guys won't quit, and they truly care about their users and their product. If something goes wrong, they move heaven and earth to make it right. Are they perfect? No. But no one could ever doubt their dedication. And BTW, who is perfect? Not even Adobe or EA or anybody.

Name me a software developer that goes to the length that they do.

That's why - even in years when I really didn't have time to play - I always bought the product, and always will. Every year. Even when I was allowed to test the beta version, I still bought it.

It's important to me to support the company.

(Also, this my last connection to Baseball. I haven't watched an MLB game in three years. I'm disgusted with MLB, but OOTP is the only thing that keeps my love of and memories of the sport I grew up with alive.)

They will get this right. Trust me.

Last edited by drksd4848; 01-13-2020 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:49 PM   #7
rmoons24
Minors (Single A)

Guys supporting the "method" it are just as vocal as those pushing for information. Please get out of here with the "silent majority" lol. And before I get attacked, thats not me saying its bad theyre vocal. Everyone has the right to voice their opinions, which has been done on this forum.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:41 PM   #8
PepeSylvia
Minors (Single A)

It's annoying that the white knights can't accept that there are others that think differently than them. If you don't care about development and are just looking forward to the game, that's fine, good for you. Posts like this come across as holier than thou and obnoxious.

A lot of people would love to see a screenshot or two. Get some hype going, show that it's being worked on and how it's looking, interact with the community. It's a different world than it was in 1998 when Jim started. Radio silence isn't a good look anymore. There are a ton of 35 and under gamers who will look at this, see no progress shown for two years, and forget about it.

I love ootp and have been playing for a decade and hope FOF knocks it out of the park, but completely ignoring your potential user base during development is just kind of ****ty and I can't think of a good reason for it other than that's "just how he does things."
Old 01-21-2020, 09:46 AM   #9
vgorilla80
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeSylvia View Post
It's annoying that the white knights can't accept that there are others that think differently than them. If you don't care about development and are just looking forward to the game, that's fine, good for you. Posts like this come across as holier than thou and obnoxious.

A lot of people would love to see a screenshot or two. Get some hype going, show that it's being worked on and how it's looking, interact with the community. It's a different world than it was in 1998 when Jim started. Radio silence isn't a good look anymore. There are a ton of 35 and under gamers who will look at this, see no progress shown for two years, and forget about it.

I love ootp and have been playing for a decade and hope FOF knocks it out of the park, but completely ignoring your potential user base during development is just kind of ****ty and I can't think of a good reason for it other than that's "just how he does things."
This post makes the most sense of anything that has ever been posted in this forum, thank you sir.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:33 PM   #10
Robmeister89
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

This.... This right here.
Old 01-21-2020, 07:58 PM   #11
ZootMurph
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

Why? Why is it so important? I don't understand.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:00 PM   #12
PepeSylvia
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootMurph View Post
Why? Why is it so important? I don't understand.
If you don't understand why developer/community relationships are important in the modern gaming world nothing I can say will help you understand.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:33 PM   #13
File A
Bat Boy

Quote:

And when they are ready fam they will do all of those things do you get me? How about you chill your beans until such a time they are ready to be baked.

The guys are managing expectations right now. There is nothing to share. They aren’t ready. Leave them be. Let them do their thing. They’ve been through some pretty big stuff they have lots of other things to do. When they are ready with screenshots and betas, they will give you a call big dog I’m sure. What’s the point of a witch-hunt before it’s even begun? You are da man it’s all good in the hood etc.

But chill the **** out.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:37 PM   #14
File A
Bat Boy

Quote:
If you don't understand why developer/community relationships are important in the modern gaming world nothing I can say will help you understand.
Important? No. Not at all. Not in the slightest.

Nice? Sure. The nicety goes both way in a relationship. Show yours. To quote the great Gary Barlow, have a little patience.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:05 PM   #15
PepeSylvia
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by File A View Post
And when they are ready fam they will do all of those things do you get me? How about you chill your beans until such a time they are ready to be baked.

The guys are managing expectations right now. There is nothing to share. They aren’t ready. Leave them be. Let them do their thing. They’ve been through some pretty big stuff they have lots of other things to do. When they are ready with screenshots and betas, they will give you a call big dog I’m sure. What’s the point of a witch-hunt before it’s even begun? You are da man it’s all good in the hood etc.

But chill the **** out.
I dunno man, I feel like I didn't post anything that was hostile, so I feel pretty chill. Kinda seems like you're pretty hostile and aggressive towards me though so maybe you should chill your beans or whatever?

This is kind of the classic holier than thou attitude I was talking about.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:07 PM   #16
PepeSylvia
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by File A View Post
Important? No. Not at all. Not in the slightest.

Nice? Sure. The nicety goes both way in a relationship. Show yours. To quote the great Gary Barlow, have a little patience.
If you don't think that developer/community relationships are important in the slightest we'll just have to agree to disagree and end our conversation there.