Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-20-2019, 10:13 PM   #1
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Pictures disappearing

I swear somehow my player pics are disappearing. I've searched the Internet for picture of players and then somehow they are randomly gone!
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:32 PM   #2
Alex Murray
All Star Reserve

When you say they are disappearing are they vanishing from the Photos folder on your C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 20\photos?

Let me know and I'll try to see what is happening and how to fix it.

Thanks
Alex

Last edited by Alex Murray; 04-29-2019 at 03:59 PM.
Alex Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 04:52 PM   #3
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Yes. They are vanishing from the Documents folder or they resort back to a previous pic that I've over-written with a newer one, and the new one is vanished. Not sure if it's a settings thing or what, but it becomes more time get new pics than playing games out. Thanks.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:37 AM   #4
Alex Murray
All Star Reserve

From what it sounds like there's a 2nd location the game is grabbing photos from and overwriting your changes. The game normally doesn't change the contents of the photos folder on the main root documents folder. The C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 20\photos

That folder should be your root folder for photos so i'm surprised if the game is overwriting photos in that folder. Let me do some research and see if there's another location or some weird bug about this.

Thanks
Alex
Old 05-01-2019, 04:25 PM   #5
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

It wouldn't be trying to get pics from previous versions of the game that are still on my hard drive, would it? That's the only thing I can think of..
Old 05-02-2019, 01:30 AM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdw1000 View Post
It wouldn't be trying to get pics from previous versions of the game that are still on my hard drive, would it? That's the only thing I can think of..
No, that's not possible, unless you've set the game to use the same data directory as an older copy of the game.

The game won't ever overwrite photos you put in the photos folder.

What can happen, is that if you update a photo in the photos folder, but don't update it in in your saved game as well, you'll have two different copies, one the copy from the photos folder that will show up when you start a new game, for any saves started before you updated the photo, the game will have already grabbed the old photo and will keep using that unless you overwrite it.

If you're on Windows and using the default settings, you'll typically find the folder the individual saves use in a spot like this:

C:\Users\Yourusername\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 20\saved_games\Your Saved Game.lg\news\html\images

The folders you're looking for are person_pictures and profile_picture. Delete any old images there and the game will pull the newest pic from the photos folder the next time you load that save.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote