Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2018, 03:46 PM   #1
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Fictional OOTP 19 QS with 23 years of history - New World Baseball Union

I originally released this New World Baseball Union quickstart for OOTP 17, and now I've updated and advanced it for release in OOTP 19.

The game world includes:
- New World Baseball Union (NWBU) - The most prestigious league, a 24-team circuit featuring teams from USA, Canada, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Venezuela and Mexico.

- Baseball Federation of Asia (BFA) - This is similar to the MLB/*** dynamic, as NWBU is the most prestigious league with the most talent, but the Asian league has some solid players too who can cross over into NWBU, and also is a place where guys who can't cut it in NWBU can find themselves a pay day and a career.

- European Baseball Association (EUBA) - An independant organization, it is the least talented and least prestigious league and again, journeymen from other leagues can often find themselves ending up in this league.

The NWBU has three levels of minors:

- AAA - Great American Baseball Union (An All-American League)
- AA- Provincial Baseball Union (An All Canadian league)
- A - CariMex Baseball Union (A league with half teams from Mexico and half teams from the Caribbean)

- ALL teams in the universe have logos and home and away jerseys.

- All the NWBU teams also have 3D stadiums that I put in there from the great work silvam/aldio does (I used all the fictional ones I could, but also had to repurpose some historical stadiums to get 24 total).

- NEW for V19, I've added an international tournament, the World Baseball Championship. I currently have it set to start November 1st, basically right after the NWBU season ends. I'm still playing around with what's best for this, but since it contains players from all leagues I like it best as an offseason tournament as opposed to in the spring.

Thanks go to so many people who created art for this, as it was all stuff I grabbed from around the OOTP community or had made. I hope I don't forget anyone, but this quickstart includes art from:

Robo, isedelyod, Honorable Pawn, Hockey13Playa, Pwal, silvam14, aldio txranger, justafan. Thank you all.

The game world begins on November 1st, 2005, the first day of the offseason, and also the start of the second World Baseball Championship.

Here's the link. Let me know if you have any issues or errors:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/44yg5i...NWBU.quick.zip
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:57 PM   #2
reds1869
Minors (Triple A)

This is fantastic! Time to build Havana into a winner. Thanks for sharing.
reds1869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:30 PM   #3
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
This is fantastic! Time to build Havana into a winner. Thanks for sharing.
Good luck.

Also might be worth noting that there might be a financial balance issue off the start. It's only the second season played in OOTP 19 where we pick the game world up. The game was just ported through OOTP 18 with all previous seasons played in OOTP 17.

It has never been a problem before but I'm noticing there's almost a league wide shortage of money to spend on free agents from the NWBU teams.

A lot of great players remain unsigned as I go into the first few weeks of the 2006 season, including Chris Lewis, who is one of the best pure hitters in the entire league, entering his prime. At start of offseason he was asking for a 10-year contract at $40 million dollar per year. That demand quickly got halved, and then all the way down to what he's asking for now as the season has begun - $9.5 million for a one-year deal.

Every single team could use the guy, but it seems no one (including my own Toronto Metros) have enough money to sign him.

I'll keep simming forward to see if this problem persists long term, but for whatever reason it seems at this point in time there's a league wide shortage of free agency money and it might be worth doing a cash infusion addition to each team's budget. Let me know if you run into similar issue in your first offseason!

Edit: Chris Lewis sitting in free agency wasn't sitting right with me, so I just went in to commish mode to edit New York to have $10 million dollars more on their budget (I want them to act as big spenders anyway, I also edited their owner spending to spend more like that real life Yankees team) and they signed Lewis within a week

Last edited by Cole; 04-09-2018 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:21 PM   #4
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

I always did enjoy the original version of this, too. But after I got fired from Detroit because the owner never gave me a budget to build the team with, it'd be nice to start from scratch with the updated version. This will be really cool to get into with history built up, too.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:29 AM   #5
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord PichuPal View Post
I always did enjoy the original version of this, too. But after I got fired from Detroit because the owner never gave me a budget to build the team with, it'd be nice to start from scratch with the updated version. This will be really cool to get into with history built up, too.
Enjoy. Keep an eye out on overall team budgets and how it affects money available for free agents for each team.

I'm not sure why this became an issue, but I ended up adding $20 million to each team's budget, as every team was basically broke come free agency time. Something obviously got out of whack in the conversion from V17 to V18 to V19.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:04 PM   #6
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Do you unzip this to your quick start folder? If so I have a problem because when I try to start I get message like “this has to be downloaded from OOTP mods”. Did I make a mistake?
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:02 PM   #7
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
Do you unzip this to your quick start folder? If so I have a problem because when I try to start I get message like “this has to be downloaded from OOTP mods”. Did I make a mistake?
Yes, you should unzip the NWBU.quick folder into your quick start folder and it should work from there when you load it in game.