Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-20-2017, 08:19 AM   #1
seven
All Star Reserve

Injured players stay on active roster

I've installed the latest release of FHM4 (4.2.46) but I am still encountering the problem of players who have sustained an injury that will make them game unavailable for a month or more still being carried on the active roster. They don't seem to be moved to the injury list. Earlier in the current regular season a couple of players were moved from the active roster and placed on the injury list, but that seems to have stopped happening. I'm working with the current NHL season, all teams controlled by AI. Any ideas about what might be going on here?
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:29 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

I'm looking at a test game now in May 2018 and not seeing anything like that, there are a few guys with day-to-day injuries still on rosters, but any long-term guys are on the IR (and some have been put there as recently as a couple of days ago.)

Could you upload the save where you're getting that? We'd like to have a look at it.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 02:30 PM   #3
seven
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I'm looking at a test game now in May 2018 and not seeing anything like that, there are a few guys with day-to-day injuries still on rosters, but any long-term guys are on the IR (and some have been put there as recently as a couple of days ago.)

Could you upload the save where you're getting that? We'd like to have a look at it.

I sure can, but I need instructions on how to do the upload.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:20 PM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Sure, they're here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...55&postcount=2
Old 10-21-2017, 03:15 AM   #5
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

I know the non seriously injured players stay, but I've never encountered a seriously injured player staying on the roster.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 03:25 PM   #6
seven
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I've used the instructions to upload a zipped file called NHL2017-18.zip which contains the saved-game .dat files. Note, for example, Philadelphia, where a player is listed as out indefinitely (the original injury was described as serious enough to end the player's season), yet he is still carried on the active roster, days after the injury occurred.

I will note that when I started the season (in July or whatever), injuries were turned off. I turned them on when the regular season started. This was in an effort to preserve the opening day rosters for opening day.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:37 PM   #7
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

This doesnt have to do with a injured player on my roster just injures in general... February 2nd my player suffered a Torn Acetabular Labrum. its now April 30th and in profile still says Status 1-2 months? does it not normally say when the day goes day to day when recovering?
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:50 PM   #8
seven
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
I know the non seriously injured players stay, but I've never encountered a seriously injured player staying on the roster.
Indeed, that is how it normally works. In fact, in a recent game an injury put a player out of action for a few weeks and he was taken off the roster. But oddly, on one particular day, Oct. 17, there were five such injuries and all five stayed on their teams' rosters. It turns out that this was easily fixed by clicking the "AI Setup Organization" option under the Action Menu while looking at the team's roster. The injured player was removed from the roster and a call-up was inserted.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:18 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven View Post
I've used the instructions to upload a zipped file called NHL2017-18.zip which contains the saved-game .dat files. Note, for example, Philadelphia, where a player is listed as out indefinitely (the original injury was described as serious enough to end the player's season), yet he is still carried on the active roster, days after the injury occurred.

I will note that when I started the season (in July or whatever), injuries were turned off. I turned them on when the regular season started. This was in an effort to preserve the opening day rosters for opening day.
Ah, that may have something to do with it. But I see some teams are putting players on the IR, so it's not as if it's broken the AI's injury recognition entirely. We'll have to dig a little deeper into that file to see what's going on.