Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-16-2017, 07:03 PM   #1
GmOfTheYear
Major Leagues

Does the game ever generate players who are Nhl ready like connor mcdavid as a rookie?

Whats the highest rated player have you guys seen in the nhl draft? It doesn't seem the game is capable of generating guys like mcdavid and crosby who can come in and lead the league in points or even be a first line player from the get go.
GmOfTheYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:43 PM   #2
Tangerino
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmOfTheYear View Post
Whats the highest rated player have you guys seen in the nhl draft? It doesn't seem the game is capable of generating guys like mcdavid and crosby who can come in and lead the league in points or even be a first line player from the get go.
I drafted a defenceman like 5 years in that was 4.5 star by the start of the season.. its random

one thing i notice alot is tons of 1st overall pick busts... which happens.. but not that often
Tangerino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:49 PM   #3
GmOfTheYear
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerino View Post
I drafted a defenceman like 5 years in that was 4.5 star by the start of the season.. its random

one thing i notice alot is tons of 1st overall pick busts... which happens.. but not that often
Ah, so FHM has random talent change like ootp? Interesting because players in football managers potential ability stays the same no matter what. I'm honestly not sure which is more realistic but I do think the aspect of players coming out of no where to be studs is fun and leads to a new experience with each start. However like you are saying it could lead to so many top picks busting compared to if fhm/ootp players potential never changed then they would always be great.
GmOfTheYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 01:07 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yes, some players can get a special marker that allows their potentials to change. It's not a huge number of them, but enough to create some surprises. Our potential caps aren't as hard as FM's, either - it's possible, but rare, to surpass them, and a couple of ratings categories (physical and mental skills) don't have a set cap (but are governed somewhat by the level of the player's other abilities.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:01 PM   #5
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmOfTheYear View Post
This guy is projected to be the upcoming number one pick in the draft that I'm up to, I didn't edit him at all. Look at that potential tho. Gonna do anything I can to get that number 1 pick.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Kinsella19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:04 PM   #6
jldante56
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella19 View Post
This guy is projected to be the upcoming number one pick in the draft that I'm up to, I didn't edit him at all. Look at that potential tho. Gonna do anything I can to get that number 1 pick.
Gotta have that guy. . .
jldante56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:56 PM   #7
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldante56 View Post
Gotta have that guy. . .
Traded the number 6 and 7 overall draft picks to the Bruins for the first and took him. He's 4 stars at the end of the first season.
Kinsella19 is offline   Reply With Quote