Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 05-05-2019, 01:15 AM   #1
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Last patch screwed up things..

This game is doing some really weird stuff since the last patch...now it's giving runs to the other team and substituting players even though I have total control in games.

Here it gave KIA 3 runs even though you see they didn't score in the game score. Also the game score is missing some innings.It jumps from the Top of the 7th to Bottom of the 8th...and I paused it in the bottom of the 9th and the game just gave KIA the win.

So I am gonna have to stop playing until these things are fixed.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:23 PM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

We do have another report of some similar issues we've been looking at and found a few things that could trigger this sort of behavior in some super rare cases, particularly if the game crashes while you're saving a game.

We're still looking at things more, but there should definitely be a fix for this next patch. From what we've found though, this is not actually related to the last patch, just a rare mix of several weird events all coming together and could happen even on earlier patches. It's really rare though, and likely to a corrupt file in the save. If you start a new save, it's highly unlikely you'll ever see this again.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 01:36 PM   #3
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Were you playing out the game yourself and saw this happen? What exactly happened? Did you click at the end of Lee Bum-ho's AB and it suddenly jumped to McCormick's AB in the bottom of the 8th?
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:38 PM   #4
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Were you playing out the game yourself and saw this happen? What exactly happened? Did you click at the end of Lee Bum-ho's AB and it suddenly jumped to McCormick's AB in the bottom of the 8th?
The game log jumped but not while I was in game. The only mystery in game is why it gave KIA 3 runs even though they didn't score. Also I stopped the game after the top of the 9th and the game ended the game when I looked at the scores. The game log I rarely look at but just noticed it jumping around because of the 3 runs.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:39 PM   #5
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Any way I can delete this game out of my league, even though it's "official"?
Old 05-07-2019, 10:43 PM   #6
robjones
Bat Boy

I had the same issue. I exited a game last night in the 4th inning. After resuming tpday, the game skipped the bottom of the 5th (with a phantom run) and top of the sixth. In the bottom of the 6th, we hit a two-run homer. The next batter made an out but two more runs showed up, then the game skipped two more innings in separate incidents before the third out was recorded. The game crashed in the top of the 9th and now crashed when I try to resume that game again (and it says it's suspended in the 4th inning).

Unfortunately I can't send a game log at this point, just wanted to confirm this is happening.
robjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 03:07 PM   #7
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Okay, we've done some more tracking, and there appears to be a problem when you save and exit a game in progress, and then re-enter the game from the league schedules page or the play menu while having the real-time sim enabled in the background.

Any other way to resume a game in progress (ie. if you do not have the "sim world in background" enabled, or if you resume a game from the manager home page or the calendar entry in the upper right of the screen), and things should work.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 06:04 PM   #8
texasmame
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Okay, we've done some more tracking, and there appears to be a problem when you save and exit a game in progress, and then re-enter the game from the league schedules page or the play menu while having the real-time sim enabled in the background.

Any other way to resume a game in progress (ie. if you do not have the "sim world in background" enabled, or if you resume a game from the manager home page or the calendar entry in the upper right of the screen), and things should work.
Ah, this could be something as well but I don't have the sim going in the background; I like to manage my games and quick play each other major league game on the schedule that day. I'll double check, tho. Thank you!

EDIT: I was going via IM with Matt and Lukas - both very helpful - and I was getting the same issue as SDW1000. Glad I wasn't alone!

So, to answer the final burning question - any way to purge the bogus results/stats from these haywire games?

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.

Last edited by texasmame; 05-08-2019 at 06:06 PM.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 03:05 AM   #9
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmame View Post
So, to answer the final burning question - any way to purge the bogus results/stats from these haywire games?
No, unfortunately not.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote