Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-30-2019, 04:56 PM   #1
LegalEagle80
Minors (Double A)

Inability to Match Max Offer to International Amateurs

I've been able to replicate this every time.

In an MLB season when international amateur signing begins on July 2nd (by default), if a team offers a $5,000,000 deal to one of them, you are not allowed to match it.

That's a problem because that's the most one can spend on a player. I understand they might not be swayed by my $5 million offer over the same monetary offer of another team, but I should be able to go from my offer of $3.8 million to $5 million if I want.

As it is now, I can't offer anything because I can't go above the CPU offer.
LegalEagle80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 04:58 PM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

If they have decided that they would prefer the CPU 5M offer to yours, then they will not accept your offer. So if they don't even think about your offer, you can't convince them anyways so look elsewhere to spend your money.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 05:05 PM   #3
LegalEagle80
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
If they have decided that they would prefer the CPU 5M offer to yours, then they will not accept your offer. So if they don't even think about your offer, you can't convince them anyways so look elsewhere to spend your money.
I understand that logic, but for regular free agents, you have the ability to make an offer, other teams can make an offer, and you can go up.

In this, if another team beats you to the highest offer, you can't ever sign the player. So if there's a really good player and his initial ask is $3 million, you might as well just offer $5 million because no team can then ever match your offer and you'll always sign the player.

Or alternatively, if you wait for a couple days before making an offer, and the player already has a $5 million offer, you can't throw your hat in the ring at all.

So really, the only trick to international amateur free agency is who can offer $5 million first, because the AI player will always sign with that team (as no team can match).
Old 04-30-2019, 05:28 PM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

No, if they have a 5M offer from the AI but they like your team more, they will listen and accept your 5m offer. It's not the first to the max, but just that if someone has offered the max they will only listen to offers from teams they like more.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 09:02 PM   #5
LegalEagle80
Minors (Double A)

Oh, okay, I didn't realize that. When I even try to offer the max (if he already has one) the UI makes it appear as if I can't make the offer. Even if I press the "Meet Demand" button nothing changes -- so it's as if I can't meet the salary demand.

I wish there was a way to understand it's because he prefers not to sign with my team. I didn't even realize the international amateurs had team preferences.