Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-13-2019, 12:39 AM   #181
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Wow...finally back online and the Silver Pirates are ahead of Zorro?
In fact the Rocky Point Zorros are in 4th place.....did I miss something today?
I can't wait for tomorrow.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:30 AM   #182
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Orcin announces that, due to the magnificent showing against Darmstadt, there will be no more demotions or releases for the rest of the day. Thank you.
(Tomorrow is another day.)
As much as I want be happy for you....I lived in Darmstadt for 20+ years so it just feels weird to go against the home town.

Go Lilien….take that next series !!!
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:13 AM   #183
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
I can't wait for tomorrow.
I could not agree more.....tomorrow should be the turnaround for the BaseStealers…

1. Positional improvements (Ozzie Smith at 2B and Trout in LF) should start to reach positive ZR and get to 100+ by end of week.

2. a new 1B: Ted Kluszewski (will finish my training of 89 Seager at 1B next season. He should get to ~100 as his max.)

3. a new CF: Ty Cobb with Robbles as defensive substitution.

Looking forward to my opponents:
Fighting Saints, SnowBirds, Sea Wolves, GIMHAE, Alchemists, Magpies, and Darmstadt.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:49 AM   #184
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Wow, Saints Randy Johnson (97) threw a no hitter against Anaheim last night.

Netting me 1500 points although my upgrades are so expensive at this point I'd need to throw about 50 of them this season to help a ton.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:53 AM   #185
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Wow, Saints Randy Johnson (97) threw a no hitter against Anaheim last night.

Netting me 1500 points although my upgrades are so expensive at this point I'd need to throw about 50 of them this season to help a ton.

ain't that the truth.... my boys in diamond have racked up 3205 points in 2 days.... at that rate, I might be able to afford a quality upgrade in a couple weeks
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:29 AM   #186
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Hi guys, I knew this might be a bad week because of lack of watching but...Wow....I did not think we would fall apart this bad. Lol. I will make a couple of changes but it is almost useless unless I am here to monitor how it works out. I knew I always had a advantage because I got to watch my teams instead of just setting a lineup and leaving but I never thought it was this important. I now know what it feels like if I was working and did not have the time to work my team. Well this week I do not have the time and I am paying for it big time. Maybe I can get lucky. I also miss not being on the forum all day. I love to see all the post of our league and rant a little. O well maybe next week. Good luck everyone (Who does not play me) your doormat this week, Zorro.
P.S. Medici, I always had respect for you and your Breakers But now I am totally impressed. What you did last week when you were not Around is beyond believe to me. I had to fight tooth and nail to not only win the Division but to squeak out the playoff win against you. I see this week how tough it is to change things without watching the results and tweaking. Now I am just guessing and I see how hard that is to do. You are a TRUE Champion my friend..😁
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:38 AM   #187
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Also before I go, Does anyone find it peculiar that Perfect Pedro is all of a sudden on the AH not just once but 3 times? I have not seen him on for weeks and now just before they are going to release the new game we see him 3 times. Do you think OOTP had anything to do with this to make a few more dollars before the change over. I guess I am a little conspiracy theorist but I just find that odd. Why would anyone get rid of him and why would they need 1 million pt points? I can see one person drawing him from a pack who had him already but 3 of them? Most peculiar mama.😁
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:46 AM   #188
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I was still screaming at Ted Williams when some fool bought him.
Ted Williams never worked for me either. Season after season he never came close to fulfilling his ratings. I see the one Ted Williams in our league is hitting .183/.303/.339 after starting all season with Perugia... I'm sure he works for some folks
Medici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:52 AM   #189
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As much as I want be happy for you....I lived in Darmstadt for 20+ years so it just feels weird to go against the home town.
Not this Darmstadt, I bet. I am from the Evansville, Indiana area but my brother-in-law and I actually reside in a small town called Darmstadt on the edge of the main city. The area was originally populated by German immigrants and still has many residents of German heritage today.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:52 AM   #190
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
My Seawolves forgot how to hit and pitch. When listing who's hot and who's not, my entire 25 man roster is in the "NOT" category!

I need to fire my Manager! Where is that option!
Your Seawolves just can't win at home in your pitchers park. You have .536 win percentage on the road, but only .333 at home. Very interesting splits. I think it's easier to turn around winning at home then winning away. Lots of baseball left and you're still only 6.5 from the division and 5.5 front the wildcard.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:54 AM   #191
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medici View Post
Ted Williams never worked for me either. Season after season he never came close to fulfilling his ratings. I see the one Ted Williams in our league is hitting .183/.303/.339 after starting all season with Perugia... I'm sure he works for some folks

Yes, he's ben useless so far but I'm not losing hope yet. I hope the RNG gods will look his way sooner or later
moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:55 AM   #192
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Also before I go, Does anyone find it peculiar that Perfect Pedro is all of a sudden on the AH not just once but 3 times? I have not seen him on for weeks and now just before they are going to release the new game we see him 3 times. Do you think OOTP had anything to do with this to make a few more dollars before the change over. I guess I am a little conspiracy theorist but I just find that odd. Why would anyone get rid of him and why would they need 1 million pt points? I can see one person drawing him from a pack who had him already but 3 of them? Most peculiar mama.😁

Three is odd but I am sure that OOTP did not plant them. I would bet my life on it. Much more likely that people pulled them from packs and want the points to build an entire team instead of one perfect player surrounded by bronze.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:57 AM   #193
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Three is odd but I am sure that OOTP did not plant them. I would bet my life on it. Much more likely that people pulled them from packs and want the points to build an entire team instead of one perfect player surrounded by bronze.
If (IF) they go for a million now in OOTP19, how much would they go for in OOTP20 with a fresh start? That's the dream.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:57 AM   #194
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Wow...finally back online and the Silver Pirates are ahead of Zorro?
In fact the Rocky Point Zorros are in 4th place.....did I miss something today?

Team sale?

So excited to see the Base Stealers starting to maintain the .500 and pick up more wins. I can't wait until that Infield defense reaches 100+.

Of course...it could also backfire with the lack of offense....but we will worry about that another day.
Congrats on your Ty Cobb acquisition! You will not regret it. Even his down seasons are sweet. And on a team name like the Base Stealers- he fits well ;-)

Also, I'd bet money that the Zorro's are not going to finish in 4th... Any takers?
Old 02-13-2019, 11:02 AM   #195
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Hi guys, I knew this might be a bad week because of lack of watching but...Wow....I did not think we would fall apart this bad. Lol. I will make a couple of changes but it is almost useless unless I am here to monitor how it works out. I knew I always had a advantage because I got to watch my teams instead of just setting a lineup and leaving but I never thought it was this important. I now know what it feels like if I was working and did not have the time to work my team. Well this week I do not have the time and I am paying for it big time. Maybe I can get lucky. I also miss not being on the forum all day. I love to see all the post of our league and rant a little. O well maybe next week. Good luck everyone (Who does not play me) your doormat this week, Zorro.
P.S. Medici, I always had respect for you and your Breakers But now I am totally impressed. What you did last week when you were not Around is beyond believe to me. I had to fight tooth and nail to not only win the Division but to squeak out the playoff win against you. I see this week how tough it is to change things without watching the results and tweaking. Now I am just guessing and I see how hard that is to do. You are a TRUE Champion my friend..😁
Thanks Z. Always fun to battle against your team. I've had a lot of fun with PT, but never a champion yet. 9 regular season play-off appearances, and no ring to show for it. One day!
Old 02-13-2019, 11:07 AM   #196
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
If (IF) they go for a million now in OOTP19, how much would they go for in OOTP20 with a fresh start? That's the dream.
Yeah, hopefully there will be enough variation in the first couple of days of OOTP20 with new cards and a new market to stabilize for some good deals. Something tells me a Perfect Pedro will not be one of those...

There's supposed to be a Negro League Set of cards coming next year too (from the developers in an earlier post). Excited to see players like Josh Gibson in the game next year.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:09 AM   #197
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
I think these enormous prices will be the downfall of this game. Or, at least, reduce the potential value to the developers. I can't see even whales spending a thousand dollars EVERY year. These immortal player cards make the game boring after you build up the team, and it won't be more interesting to do more the same year after year.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:37 AM   #198
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I think these enormous prices will be the downfall of this game. Or, at least, reduce the potential value to the developers. I can't see even whales spending a thousand dollars EVERY year. These immortal player cards make the game boring after you build up the team, and it won't be more interesting to do more the same year after year.
Not sure about the downfall, maybe the longevity. I'm really looking forward to seeing the new cards in 20, but I can't possibly invest what invested in 19 every year so in 20 for me it will be a slow process but should still be fun.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:46 AM   #199
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Not sure about the downfall, maybe the longevity. I'm really looking forward to seeing the new cards in 20, but I can't possibly invest what invested in 19 every year so in 20 for me it will be a slow process but should still be fun.

yeah, I think having the full year from the initial release to slowly build the team will keep it interesting.... hopefully they keep adding to the historical section and keep a nice variety of players flowing through
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:48 PM   #200
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

After an horrific start my Perugia Warriors are playing a bit better of late, but we are still dangerously close to the relegation area.

Not the season I expected so far, but it's a testament to the strenght of this league.

Last edited by moalkha; 02-13-2019 at 12:50 PM.
moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote