Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:20 PM   #1
HelmFTW
Bat Boy

Too Many Players

I am running a team in the WSM and the teams in the Extraliiga have sent so many players down to my team that I cannot progress. They have sent me 24 skaters and my roster limit is 25 players and I MUST have 2 goalies, of which they have sent down none. This is also my first experience with this game and it is super frustrating.
HelmFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:16 PM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelmFTW View Post
I am running a team in the WSM and the teams in the Extraliiga have sent so many players down to my team that I cannot progress. They have sent me 24 skaters and my roster limit is 25 players and I MUST have 2 goalies, of which they have sent down none. This is also my first experience with this game and it is super frustrating.
You can either send guys down or call them up via who you have signed. Right click on names. If you're not sure who you have signed, click on Roster > Contracts to see who you have contracted and can call up.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:38 PM   #3
HelmFTW
Bat Boy

I sent down everyone that I have signed to my team. I can't send down the players that were sent down to me because I don't have them under contract.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:49 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Can you upload the save? Instructions for uploading it are here. I should be able to fix the situation for you, but I'd also like to have a look at how the exact situation evolved so we can avoid this in the future.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:23 AM   #5
HelmFTW
Bat Boy

All uploaded, called it TooManyPlayers. Thank you!
Old 05-19-2018, 02:59 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

OK, looks like the source of the issue is the way the farm teams in the Czech leagues are set up; with 3 higher-division teams using you as a farm team that's overloading the way the farm-parent roster situation normally works. We're going to have to make some changes there next year.

In the meantime, the simplest workaround is to turn commissioner mode on in Manager Options, and when they overfill your roster like that, choose the extra players assigned to you by Sparta/Litvinov/Mountfield (however many you need to remove to get your roster playable) and, on the player edit screen (last tab on the player profile), switch their Current Team to a team in the Czech third division ("2. hokejova...", it's the third one listed under the Czech Republic.) Any team, doesn't matter which one, although you probably want to avoid HC Decin because that's your farm team and you don't want to fill their roster to the point where you can't use them. What that'll do is force the player onto that roster for the remainder of the season. They can't move him back to you once he's there. Not a very elegant solution, but it'll work.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 06:33 AM   #7
HelmFTW
Bat Boy

Awesome, thank you so much for the help!