Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 04-16-2018, 10:14 PM   #1
scottk1983
Minors (Single A)

Question Facegen Color Mode Question

Is there any way to gradually switch from black and white mode to sepia mode to normal mode without earlier facegens changing to the recent settings?

Basically, what I want to do is Black and White mode until about 1920, then switch to Sepia until the 40s and finally change to Normal for the remainder of the save. However, I don't want the facegens from say, 1895, to change to color when I change to that mode in 1940.

Anyway, I hope that was worded clearly enough to get my question across. Thanks for any info anyone can offer!
scottk1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:12 PM   #2
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Maybe this will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottk1983 View Post
Is there any way to gradually switch from black and white mode to sepia mode to normal mode without earlier facegens changing to the recent settings?

Basically, what I want to do is Black and White mode until about 1920, then switch to Sepia until the 40s and finally change to Normal for the remainder of the save. However, I don't want the facegens from say, 1895, to change to color when I change to that mode in 1940.

Anyway, I hope that was worded clearly enough to get my question across. Thanks for any info anyone can offer!
Just wondering if this would work. Could you do a create to get all the player facegens to a image file in game. The ones with the player000.jpg or whatever the name is in game and then just rename them to your players name and put them in the photos folder. Did not try this in OOTP but I would think a jpeg is a jpeg and the facegen picture would be able to be used as an actual photo. I think the game looks for a photo first and then creates the facegen after, so if you create a image file and put it in the photo folder it would be the image used in the game. I hope I am right about this. I am thinking of making a small league use historic facegens creating the player image files and then copying them into a folder for a different league.

James
Old 04-16-2018, 11:19 PM   #3
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Followup question

Does OOTP have a report that lists the players with the player id or an export or anything like that? If so you could take this list put it into excel with the player name and id and create .bat file that renames all the playerXXX.jpg to player_name.jpg. Just have a column in excel that has the rename command and two columns with the from file to the to file name. Concatenate it in to a single column and save as a csv file. Covert to a .bat file. I think batch files work from the command prompt still (not sure), but if not I think powershell has a command that allows renaming of files.

Just brainstorming here - never tried this, but it seems like it may work.

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 04-16-2018 at 11:21 PM.
Outlaw Jim is offline   Reply With Quote