Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-16-2017, 08:54 PM   #1
GmOfTheYear
Major Leagues

Are these good trades?

I traded every draft pick I had for the next 3 years for Victor Hedman, Aaron Ekblad and Nikolaj Ehlers. My draft picks are projected to be very high but I wanted to win now. I'm playing with the red wings btw. Was this a good or bad trade for me?
GmOfTheYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:28 PM   #2
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Other than I doubt the Lightning would deal Hedman for picks when they have a chance to win and I also doubt that the Panthers would deal Ekblad either. For you and win now, yeah I would say so but those trades are a little unrealistic. What is your trade difficulty at?
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:49 PM   #3
GmOfTheYear
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish View Post
Other than I doubt the Lightning would deal Hedman for picks when they have a chance to win and I also doubt that the Panthers would deal Ekblad either. For you and win now, yeah I would say so but those trades are a little unrealistic. What is your trade difficulty at?
I didn't even know there was a trade difficulty setting so I never touched it. I'd assume its on default. You dont think hedman is worth 2 future top 5 picks? I know hes like elite as they come but I also gave a couple 2nds and a third.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:51 PM   #4
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

if you trade your top picks and get a solid D, you wont be a bottom 5 team so they wouldnt be a top 5 pick
Old 10-16-2017, 09:52 PM   #5
GmOfTheYear
Major Leagues

Tampa, Florida, and winnipeg didn't make the playoffs last year so maybe its not so farfetched.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:54 PM   #6
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

ok
Old 10-17-2017, 01:21 AM   #7
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmOfTheYear View Post
Tampa, Florida, and winnipeg didn't make the playoffs last year so maybe its not so farfetched.
Not making the playoffs didn't result in their having a "top 5" pick though (they had picks 10, 13 and 14)

I don't think star players are traded just for picks very often (does it ever happen?)

IMO every draft pick for 3 years (so maybe a few/handful of decent picks that might work out, in the future) is well below the value of Victor Hedman, Aaron Ekblad and Nikolaj Ehlers
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:54 PM   #8
Blue&Gold
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is there actually a trade difficulty option? If so, I haven't seen it. Although maybe this is because I am a GM in a league that doesn't allow trading? I just feel that this would be a global setting regardless of what league you are in.
Blue&Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:43 PM   #9
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Gold View Post
Is there actually a trade difficulty option? If so, I haven't seen it. Although maybe this is because I am a GM in a league that doesn't allow trading? I just feel that this would be a global setting regardless of what league you are in.
There isn't a global trade option, but the lower your GM rating for trading is, the tougher it can be.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:50 AM   #10
Gem16
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I think also draft picks are still overrated in trades. Is there possibly coming some adjustment in the next update? Example on my first year at Las Vegas I trade second round pick 2018 and first round pick 2020 for Alexander Radulov. Or what do you think guys would this be realistic in real world?
Gem16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 01:44 PM   #11
Habs123
Bat Boy

Gem16: It's not too far from reality. I mean you are trading a chance to a high draft pick (1st) and a 3 - 3.5 potential (2dn) for an aging, high and long contract player. I would have done the trade if I were Dallas thinking about rebuilding the team, dumping high salary and you had offered me both pick in 2018.

I think the trade system could use a little bit of tweaking but so far it's not like I have seen really aweful trades.
Habs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:30 AM   #12
Gem16
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Habs123: You have good point there, not so unrealistic. Also I should have tried trade Radulov for example only 2.round pick without 1.round because this was my first offer and it was accepted right away. That way I would know if there where ways to make trade more easily..
Gem16 is offline   Reply With Quote