Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2003, 09:08 PM   #1
MLBJournalist
Minors (Double A)

"New" League Starting Up

Hello All,

Some of you may remember me, some may not. My name is Jay Thomas, and I used to commish TMSL. The league was dedicated to journalism, as we had five reporters for the league.

I won't go into it too much, but in the middle of January I had to go to the hospital for medical reasons. I just got back a few weeks ago, and have re-started the league we had going.

Thankfully, a majority of owners sent support, and now that I am back and 100%, they are here with me. With that being said, the new and improved Road to Cooperstown league is now up and running.

<a href="http://road2cooperstown.com">Road to Cooperstown</a> is a 2003 opening day roster league, dedicated to professionalism, journalism, and realism. We are using special rules such as Restricted Free Agency, Waiver Wire rules, Marked Players, Franchise Players, Extensive Relocation, and strict trading rules.

Since this is a re-start league, we have exactly half, 15 of the 30 slots, open for new owners to join. This group of owners we have right now are EXTREMELY dedicated, and I really have not found a better bunch of people in my online experience. Kid you not, this will be a great league.

Please read the <a href="http://road2cooperstown.com/rules.htm">Rules</a> before you even consider joining. What we are looking for with these final 15 owners, are people dedicated to professionalism in baseball, and people who enjoy reading/writing articles and having fun. This is not a crazy league, where players are traded everyday. What made this league special in the past, and what keeps it special, is our trading rules. Every trade will go through the trade committee, and every trade must have a purpose that benefits both teams. This is not a league where you trade players 10 times a season. We all know you can trade for a championship, but can you build one from the bottom up?

Like mentioned before, this league is basically dedicated to Journalism. In the old league, I wrote a 5,000 word pre-season report, and I plan on doing many things just like that for this league. We also have a variety of owners who love to post fun stories about their teams. I urge you to check out the team pages and logos (can be seen to your left), as the designs for the team pages came from 4CBA, which is where I got permission to somewhat use their gorgeous work.

So if you would like to hop on board with 15 amazing owners, and you are the type of owner who thinks stats and news, not trading frenzies, make a great league, give R2C a shot. Please fill this out and email it to jay@road2cooperstown.com if you would like to join. Just a side note, this is an OOTP5 league, so it is required that you own the game, and it doesn't matter if you are a newbie/vet. Everyone will have a fair shot to join, as long as you show the desire to make the league better.

OOTP Forum ID:
Name:
Email:
Why does this league appeal to you?
Are there any rules you do not understand?

Thank you all for your time!

Jay Thomas
R2C Commissioner

Last edited by MLBJournalist; 05-10-2003 at 09:15 PM.
MLBJournalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 09:31 PM   #2
Aussie Mark
Major Leagues

This will be a top flight league, judging by Jay's previous efforts. If you are looking for a league that is as realistic as possible, using 2003 rosters, we'd love to have you on board.

Here's just a few examples of the realistic and comprehensive rules the league has -

* Reassignment and waiver restrictions
* Compensatory draft picks for teams signing restricted FAs
* No trading of draft picks
* Owners of the best AL and NL teams will manage the All Star game

Grab a team before it's too late!
Old 05-10-2003, 10:27 PM   #3
ddogg77
Minors (Rookie Ball)

League Entrance

Email sent.
ddogg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 10:39 PM   #4
doubles
Major Leagues

Application sent as well.
doubles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 11:34 PM   #5
Pit-Bull-lover
Bat Boy

would like to join league

Email sent
Pit-Bull-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 11:02 AM   #6
Midlothian
Bat Boy

Email sent.
Midlothian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 11:44 AM   #7
Cbliss6
Bat Boy

Email Sent
Cbliss6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 11:56 AM   #8
MLBJournalist
Minors (Double A)

I'm holding all applications up until Monday Night, so don't be worried if you haven't recieved any notification from me yet.

Thanks
Jay
Old 05-11-2003, 12:19 PM   #9
Cbliss6
Bat Boy

I just realized i think i said the wrong thing for the OOTP Forum ID, ill send you another email Jay. my forum id would be: cbliss6 right?
Cbliss6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 01:19 PM   #10
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

Jay put a ton of effort into his first foray before his medical problem arose, and this site looks even better. I definately reccomend top OOTP'ers out there send in an application.
Pete Grassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 02:26 PM   #11
squirrljam
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Talking You'd be nuts not to join

Super looking league...Bump!

Ryan Johnson

R2C - ATL
IABL- ATL
RLB - CIN
WEBL- Black&Blue3
squirrljam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 11:14 PM   #12
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

note from the commish- the server is down.. if it is still down when you try the site, use the temporary site, which can be found at http://road2cooperstown.tripod.com
Pete Grassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 08:49 AM   #13
O5B_Commish
Minors (Double A)

I am interested in joining, please let me in, what looks to be a great league!

Email-Rich Dobson
AIM-O5B Commish
O5B_Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 09:35 AM   #14
silvernblack
Minors (Double A)

jayrd?
silvernblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 06:32 PM   #15
marc
Hall Of Famer

email sent