Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-12-2017, 09:03 PM   #1
The Game
Hall Of Famer

The Games OOTP 19 Suggestions

I'll add to this as i think about things
1. Association Hall of Fame - i have many players that play in all 4 ML in my eBL vs MLB league. Many dont have good enough stats to make a HOF for just one league. Would like to have a Galactic HOF.

2. change to Force player at POS - If i set a player to be forced started at a position he will start vs both LHP & RHP. I have a guy that hit .216 vs RHP but is hitting .161 vs LHP in April. I would prefer he sit vs LHP.

3. Alt jerseys
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 02:42 PM   #2
SaoMagnifico
Minors (Double A)

I heartily co-endorse all three of these ideas. One of the reasons I've been holding off on going too far with my current league association (1946-present alternate history) is exactly because I want my leagues to be able to share a Hall of Fame.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:28 PM   #3
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Force start by pitcher handedness is overdue.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:54 PM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

All Star Rosters team pictures. Just think it would be cool, even if generated automatically vs having the option of making it. Even if they are in a default all star jersey.

"Stay Strong"

Old 12-04-2017, 01:28 PM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

More sleeve in team pictures. The OOTP 17 version looks 10X better then the OOTP 18 version.

"Stay Strong"

Old 12-13-2017, 06:15 AM   #6
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Do something with wall heights. Can't tell ya how often a ball is hit to the RF wall in Baker Bowl and instead of it bouncing off the batter is out. The ball should ricochet off the wall and the player winds up at 2B. in High Heat wall height was addressed and i had my RF had 19 assists from playing in on the wall letting the ball ricochet to him and then throwing the runner out at 1st. i'm sure its the same with the Green monster as well.

"Stay Strong"

Old 12-14-2017, 04:10 PM   #7
gentlemanofleisure
Minors (Double A)

Just like the hockey game have historical challenges.

Such as -

Take over the 1976 Oakland A's and rebuild the dynasty. Win a World Series by 1982.

Take over the 1984 Doc and Darryl Mets and win 3 World Series by 1995 Built around Doc and Darryl. Cant trade them, cant let them leave as Free Agents.

Can you do better than the Yankees in the 1920's? Take over the Yankees at the beginning of Babe Ruth's 1st season in NY (1920) and win more than the 3 World Series the Yankees did in the 20's. You cant trade or sell Babe Ruth. He must remain on the roster till 1929.

Change history. Take over the 1964 Phillies on August 1st and win the National League title. Don't collapse like the real phillies did. Must play out every game.

Take over the 1977 Expansion Blue Jays and make the playoffs faster than they did in real life (1985).

Last edited by gentlemanofleisure; 12-14-2017 at 04:12 PM.
gentlemanofleisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 06:01 PM   #8
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Do something with wall heights. Can't tell ya how often a ball is hit to the RF wall in Baker Bowl and instead of it bouncing off the batter is out. The ball should ricochet off the wall and the player winds up at 2B. in High Heat wall height was addressed and i had my RF had 19 assists from playing in on the wall letting the ball ricochet to him and then throwing the runner out at 1st. i'm sure its the same with the Green monster as well.
I agree with this!
Jerry Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 12:38 AM   #9
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Yes yes and yes on all 3 of these suggestions from The Game these are a must

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:40 PM   #10
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlemanofleisure View Post
Just like the hockey game have historical challenges.

Such as -

Take over the 1976 Oakland A's and rebuild the dynasty. Win a World Series by 1982.

Take over the 1984 Doc and Darryl Mets and win 3 World Series by 1995 Built around Doc and Darryl. Cant trade them, cant let them leave as Free Agents.

Can you do better than the Yankees in the 1920's? Take over the Yankees at the beginning of Babe Ruth's 1st season in NY (1920) and win more than the 3 World Series the Yankees did in the 20's. You cant trade or sell Babe Ruth. He must remain on the roster till 1929.

Change history. Take over the 1964 Phillies on August 1st and win the National League title. Don't collapse like the real phillies did. Must play out every game.

Take over the 1977 Expansion Blue Jays and make the playoffs faster than they did in real life (1985).
this deserves its own thread. I really want this, but I wonder whether it could happen or not

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:28 AM   #11
gentlemanofleisure
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaus2 View Post
this deserves its own thread. I really want this, but I wonder whether it could happen or not
They have already in the hockey game. Where you have to take over the 83 Devils and win a cup faster than 1995.

Here are a few more.

Take over the 1986 Pirates when Barry Bonds is a rookie and win a World Series before 1992. Something the real Pirates couldn't do.

Take over the 2003 Tigers that won 43 games and get them to a World Series before they did in real life (2006).

Trade that never was - Take over the 1947 Boston Red Sox with Joe Dimaggio ( Ted Williams on the Yankees) - Win a World Series by 1951. Dimaggio's last year.

Take over the 1953 Chicago Cubs during Ernie Banks rookie season and win a World Series by 1971. Ernie Banks must remain on your roster to complete this challenge.

Last edited by gentlemanofleisure; 12-18-2017 at 10:30 AM.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:37 AM   #12
gentlemanofleisure
Minors (Double A)

They have already in the hockey game. Where you have to take over the 83 Devils and win a cup faster than 1995.

Here are a few more.

Take over the 1986 Pirates when Barry Bonds is a rookie and win a World Series before 1992. Something the real Pirates couldn't do.

Take over the 2003 Tigers that won 43 games and get them to a World Series before they did in real life (2006).

Trade that never was - Take over the 1947 Boston Red Sox with Joe Dimaggio ( Ted Williams on the Yankees) - Win a World Series by 1951. Dimaggio's last year.

Take over the 1953 Chicago Cubs during Ernie Banks rookie season and win a World Series by 1971. Ernie Banks must remain on your roster to complete this challenge.[

Its Jan 1st 1980 and the Reds announce they have re-signed Pete Rose for 5 year making him the highest paid player in baseball (with a no trade clause). In real life he signed with the Phillies. Win one more world series with Pete Rose before he retires in 1985.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:38 AM   #13
gentlemanofleisure
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

Here are a few more.

Take over the 1953 Chicago Cubs during Ernie Banks rookie season and win a World Series by 1971. Ernie Banks must remain on your roster to complete this challenge.[

Its Jan 1st 1980 and the Reds announce they have re-signed Pete Rose for 5 year making him the highest paid player in baseball (with a no trade clause). In real life he signed with the Phillies. Win one more world series with Pete Rose before he retires in 1985.
anyone have any more?
Old 12-18-2017, 06:30 PM   #14
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
anyone have any more?
Take over the 1909 Cubs and win a World Series before 2016
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 06:45 PM   #15
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
But transferring features between FHM and OOTP isn't always possible. It'd also be interesting to have users challenge each other to reach certain goals on fictional/alt history saves as well.

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 11:14 AM   #16
L0G4N0103
Bat Boy

Quote:
anyone have any more?
Could there be a feature where people suggest various scenarios and the top 2 or 3 become the challenge of the month?
L0G4N0103 is offline   Reply With Quote