Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-25-2016, 11:33 AM   #1
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

So... I only have 1 question

For those of you that have the beta, I have a really silly but important question for me when it comes to buying the game. I didn't like how the playoff scenarios were set up in the Custom Game as far as when you set the league up. For example, the 18 team league would have 16 teams make the playoffs and you couldn't adjust it down to only 8 making it in. Is that still the case? Or is there actually an option to set the playoffs differently? I'm not looking for the full customization of OOTP, just more presets that make sense, like say another 18 team-2 Conference league with 8 playoff teams.

I also had tried a 16 team league to get the desired 8 teams in the playoffs but they didn't have one with 2 conferences so when the playoffs rolled around the playoff tree was all messed up. It really completely breaks the ability to have a smaller league in the Custom Game. I know they didn't focus on the Custom Game this go around but I'm hoping that simple fix was added in.
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:41 AM   #2
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

It was not, so I guess at this point unfortunately the game is not the right one for you.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:38 PM   #3
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
It was not, so I guess at this point unfortunately the game is not the right one for you.
Well, thanks anyway. Is it too hard to add a few more presets? I mean, if you have 18 teams - 2 Conference couldn't you just mimic that and adjust the playoff team number internally? Or copy that preset and make it 16 teams 2 Conferences as opposed to 16 teams 2 Divisions? Naturally I know nothing of coding but it doesn't seem like it'd be all that hard. Ah well... hope for the future.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:20 PM   #4
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdsaint View Post
Well, thanks anyway. Is it too hard to add a few more presets? I mean, if you have 18 teams - 2 Conference couldn't you just mimic that and adjust the playoff team number internally? Or copy that preset and make it 16 teams 2 Conferences as opposed to 16 teams 2 Divisions? Naturally I know nothing of coding but it doesn't seem like it'd be all that hard. Ah well... hope for the future.
Maybe it is not hard to code but it takes time and we need to plan our resources. Most likely we will get there at some point but many other things have a higher priority at the moment. Sorry.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:04 PM   #5
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdsaint View Post
For those of you that have the beta, I have a really silly but important question for me when it comes to buying the game. I didn't like how the playoff scenarios were set up in the Custom Game as far as when you set the league up. For example, the 18 team league would have 16 teams make the playoffs and you couldn't adjust it down to only 8 making it in. Is that still the case? Or is there actually an option to set the playoffs differently? I'm not looking for the full customization of OOTP, just more presets that make sense, like say another 18 team-2 Conference league with 8 playoff teams.

I also had tried a 16 team league to get the desired 8 teams in the playoffs but they didn't have one with 2 conferences so when the playoffs rolled around the playoff tree was all messed up. It really completely breaks the ability to have a smaller league in the Custom Game. I know they didn't focus on the Custom Game this go around but I'm hoping that simple fix was added in.
My feelings are exactly the same when it comes to the number of playoff teams in smaller leagues and the very unbalanced schedules. I was 50/50 about purchasing FHM3 (I purchased FHM1 & 2) before your post and Sebastian's response. I'll be sitting this version out. I'll return when the FHM team is able to make improvements to custom leagues, custom playoffs, and schedules.
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 07:47 AM   #6
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantYankee View Post
My feelings are exactly the same when it comes to the number of playoff teams in smaller leagues and the very unbalanced schedules. I was 50/50 about purchasing FHM3 (I purchased FHM1 & 2) before your post and Sebastian's response. I'll be sitting this version out. I'll return when the FHM team is able to make improvements to custom leagues, custom playoffs, and schedules.
Fair enough. That is why I am open about our priorities so people know what they can expect.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:56 PM   #7
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Fair enough. That is why I am open about our priorities so people know what they can expect.
Which I can surely appreciate and I hope some of the smaller things make it in to the next version.