Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-15-2016, 02:49 PM   #1
philsgm7790
Minors (Single A)

Spring Training Playing Time

I'm sure this one may have been mentioned before, but something I'd like to see in 17 is more ABs for batters. When I don't control lineups, which is something I've been doing in 16 for the first time, my manager just plays the same lineup in spring training... every. single. day.

I'd like to see a different lineup almost every day in spring training and more ABs spread around. I'm not sure how prevalent the issue has been for pitchers, I feel like they get decent time regardless in spring.
philsgm7790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:01 PM   #2
daves
Hall Of Famer

What affect does it have not to play regular starters in spring training?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:10 PM   #3
RchW
Hall Of Famer

I start only non-starters and platoon extensively.The ST substitution pattern gets regulars plenty of AB. The last 4 games I start my expected regulars if they need more PT.

Edit here is a screenshot of batters by PA with 8 games left in ST.
Attached Images

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 05-04-2017 at 09:18 PM.
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 12:48 PM   #4
LordKilborn
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Setting lineup

You can also go to your lineup page and tell each backup to replace the starter every x day. I generally have starters play days 1,2 and 4, with backups on days 3 and 5, then repeat.

Still, with the massive substitutions that occur in Spring Training, it's difficult to NOT get a player ABs, unless they are buried and not on the depth chart at all.
LordKilborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:34 PM   #5
Steve Wunda
Bat Boy

They should put in the ability to have split squad & inter squad scrimmages for spring training. Also simulated games to prepare players coming off of injury in addition to rehab assignments which are already in the game.
Steve Wunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:05 AM   #6
Isedelyod
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wunda View Post
They should put in the ability to have split squad & inter squad scrimmages for spring training. Also simulated games to prepare players coming off of injury in addition to rehab assignments which are already in the game.
Split squad games would be a neat idea.

My older mods-
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=28c2b...3&action=Share

My newer mods (updated logos)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Fg?usp=sharing
Isedelyod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:28 PM   #7
slugger922cubs
Major Leagues

Second split squad games.
But what i do for ST is I have a custom strategy setting ive saved and load in. I set it to have short pitch counts and short hooks on the pitchers. 6-man rotations. Likewise, I maximize pinch hitters, pinch runners, and defensive subs at 7+ any lead. When I fill out my depth chart I make it rest starters every other day and the second sub every 3 or 4 days. It will mix it up a lot and get guys ABs and innings. Then come opening day I reset or reload my strategy settings for normal and run the manager on the depth chart and then make my adjustments to the normal line up.
Another thing I've done recently is set up a MiLB spring training using tournaments. I create a tournament that runs during ST without playoffs. Each MLB team gets one team in the tournament. I set the player selection to avoid MLB players and maximum 1-year or no MLB service. This tournament also uses high PH and PR to get guys playing time although it will be closer to normal games. Typically the tournament will select my top 30 or so prospects. This gives them me ability to see them have game stats in ST against other top prospects. This would not be something you'd want to do if you want to use ST to teach positions though.

Last edited by slugger922cubs; 06-13-2017 at 05:32 PM.
slugger922cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:50 AM   #8
THEMURPH
Minors (Double A)

Not a computer guy but would it be easier to make an option in spring training to set game length to something other than 9 innings? Option to have an 9,12,15 or 18 inning game other than writing code for a split squad. That way you can get playing time for your 60 players. Just a thought.

Again, not a computer guy I have no idea of how the microscopic people inside my computer make it work.
THEMURPH is offline   Reply With Quote