Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 01:19 PM   #1
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

Facegens and Write-uos fir FHM2... What about FHM update?

Great news on FHM2, but what about the update?

If things have been running for FHM2 except some layout issues and facegens and write-ups...

Where are we for an Update for FHM 14?

And should we expect the financials to work in FHM1?
Old 06-02-2015, 01:41 PM   #2
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaSola7 View Post
Great news on FHM2, but what about the update?

If things have been running for FHM2 except some layout issues and facegens and write-ups...

Where are we for an Update for FHM 14?

And should we expect the financials to work in FHM1?
I'm guessing that element 2 might be tied to FHM 14 as well so there in lies the delay?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
Old 06-02-2015, 02:56 PM   #3
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Also:

"2. Tweaking the in-game screen. With so many new infos from the match engine it became clear, that we need to change the way we output the pbp text. The box from FHM 2014 does not work anymore, it makes following the game very hard. So we decided to exchange it with a single, long label that displays always a line of text (with nice, big font) much like Football Manager does it. This will not take long to change, mainly we need to rearrange the screen elements a bit to fit the label on the screen."

Interesting.. I wonder how this will play into the FHM 14 patch. I'm currently playing Footy Manager as I type this looking at the ribbon. With all of the space above it I wonder what is going to be there, or if we are getting some sort of EHM / FM style 2D engine already? I doubt it but still.. It'll be interesting to see what is there with the match engine in FHM 14.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
Old 06-02-2015, 03:35 PM   #4
Penfold75
Major Leagues

The final FHM14 patch is almost becoming the elephant in the room. If we keep talking about FHM2 everybody will forget that the patch is WWWEEELLL OOOVVVEEERRRDDDUUUEEE!!! No need for Facegen in FHM14 so what's the delay????
Old 06-03-2015, 06:46 PM   #5
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
@ Nino33: we had this conversation on the Blue Line, so I keep it short.

Yes, you are not happy with us, I understand that and you have all the rights to feel that way. Rewriting the Match Engine from zero is a lot of work and yes, we know it took a lot of time. You know what, we would have loved to have it released 6 month ago but that was just not possible. Yes, it was a big mistake to promise it in a patch for FHM 1, if I could go back in time, I would go back and never promise it. But we did it and we will release it as promised. When? Whenever it is done, tested and we are happy with it. Same with FHM 2.

For the future, we already said that we would learn from the past: no promises, no release dates, more info on the development process. We know that we need to regain faith and we will continue to work on it.
Please see this post. When the status changes Sebastian will tell us.