Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-31-2016, 07:49 PM   #1
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Why Should I Buy FHM3?

Hockey is my #2 sport behind baseball, although I am weak when it comes to history compared to MLB, NBA & NFL. I don't see any reason to start a fictional league when I can not find a league on Endor. So it comes down to playing historical. What improvements have been made? and modern, which becomes fictional after the current season.

Can i play a best of league? Best Blackhawks of all time vs Rangers all time, etc?
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:24 PM   #2
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

No, you can´t. If the modern game with the day to day operation is not your interest, I don´t think the game is right for you. Maybe wait for a sale next year to test it out then.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:21 PM   #3
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Hockey is my #2 sport behind baseball, although I am weak when it comes to history compared to MLB, NBA & NFL. I don't see any reason to start a fictional league when I can not find a league on Endor. So it comes down to playing historical. What improvements have been made? and modern, which becomes fictional after the current season.

Can i play a best of league? Best Blackhawks of all time vs Rangers all time, etc?
If you can afford it, I'd recommend "buy it" based on
  • you say hockey is your #2 sport
  • you say you're weak regarding hockey history...if you're interested in learning you could play historical (I believe FHM starts in 1931)
  • you talk about a League on Endor, so you must be at least a little bit "adventurous" HaHa
I'm a huge historical fan, and for me FHM's not there yet because it's just NHL/WHA (and I want minor leagues, junior leagues, European/Russian Leagues and international competition).....maybe you feel the same way, and if so then maybe it's worth waiting and/or getting it on sale.

I'm fortunate in that the cost is not an issue, and so though I haven't played/don't play FHM much at all I've still bought all 3 versions to support development

I think if hockey is #2 behind baseball, and if you're interested in growing your knowledge of hockey history (at least NHL/WHA) and can afford it, why not?
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 03:58 AM   #4
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post

You should buy it because it is fun and was made by us, of course!

Seriously though, if you like playing historical leagues, there is no other hockey game that offers real historical NHL play like FHM does. It is not quite as complex as OOTP, but it's version 3 compared to version 17, so lots of time left to improve it.

There is no way to play a best of league AFAIK yet, unless some modder decides to create such a project.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote