Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 10-02-2015, 01:24 PM   #1
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Junior Leagues vs. Generated Draft

Tried to search the forums for info on this. How are most people doing their fictional leagues? Using the Jr. League option, or generated?

How are you liking whichever you're using? I started a league, using generated classes, and haven't gotten to the draft yet, but interested in perspectives here.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 01:33 PM   #2
Cole
Hall Of Famer

I personally prefer junior as it creates another league to follow as it plays out and fictional leagues still move lightning fast with it. Plus, a chance to use even more of the fantastic custom jerseys our modders are coming up with.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 01:50 PM   #3
landru22
Major Leagues

On a Related Note ...

When you create a custom league with minors and juniors, do all players in the draft class come from the created junior league, or do some of the players come from elsewhere?
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 02:09 PM   #4
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post
When you create a custom league with minors and juniors, do all players in the draft class come from the created junior league, or do some of the players come from elsewhere?
I believe they all come from the junior league.
Tiger Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:19 AM   #5
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
I personally prefer junior as it creates another league to follow as it plays out and fictional leagues still move lightning fast with it. Plus, a chance to use even more of the fantastic custom jerseys our modders are coming up with.
This would be perfect, if expansion in fictional mode also added minor league and junior teams.
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 12:42 AM   #6
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Nuke View Post
This would be perfect, if expansion in fictional mode also added minor league and junior teams.
They're planning to make a patch soon enough to fix the expansion to add minor league teams as well in fictional. Problem before was just that they had it designed one way in the modern game and couldn't replicate that in fictional, so couldn't use the same model for both modes. Which means working out a way to do it in fictional, too. But I agree, I like the idea of being able to give expansion teams their affiliates in the minors, and maybe more junior teams if your league gets so big it could use extra rookies to generate down there.
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:44 AM   #7
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord PichuPal View Post
They're planning to make a patch soon enough to fix the expansion to add minor league teams as well in fictional. Problem before was just that they had it designed one way in the modern game and couldn't replicate that in fictional, so couldn't use the same model for both modes. Which means working out a way to do it in fictional, too. But I agree, I like the idea of being able to give expansion teams their affiliates in the minors, and maybe more junior teams if your league gets so big it could use extra rookies to generate down there.

The fictional game is looking pretty good. The only thing missing is the ability to customize more over time to simulate a moving, evolving game universe.

- Expansion for minor and junior leagues
- Realignment
+ Allow us to move teams to other divisions (also an issue in the standard game)
+ Allow us to actually add divisions and conferences over time
+ Allow us to change the number of games played (Like the NHL which went from 24 to 82 games over several decades)
- Contract rules
+ Allow us to change more rules (minimum age, entry level contracts and other contract rules)
- Edit playoff rules (at least the number of rounds, and number of games per round)

There are other things that would be cool (real players for instance), but the fictional mode needs a few more basics first to be a more complete game mode.
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:44 PM   #8
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Nuke View Post
The fictional game is looking pretty good. The only thing missing is the ability to customize more over time to simulate a moving, evolving game universe.

- Expansion for minor and junior leagues
- Realignment
+ Allow us to move teams to other divisions (also an issue in the standard game)
+ Allow us to actually add divisions and conferences over time
+ Allow us to change the number of games played (Like the NHL which went from 24 to 82 games over several decades)
- Contract rules
+ Allow us to change more rules (minimum age, entry level contracts and other contract rules)
- Edit playoff rules (at least the number of rounds, and number of games per round)

There are other things that would be cool (real players for instance), but the fictional mode needs a few more basics first to be a more complete game mode.
You're not wrong about that, I'd certainly love to have all the freedoms in fictional restored, but those things are going to come over time, maybe in future patches, maybe in FHM 3 and beyond. For now they just wanted to focus on making fictional a stable game mode, so kept it a little simple. Their primary idea was to make the modern side of the game the best feature and get that right, after all.

I'm pretty confident they'll look to retool fictional over time and build it up to be more like what we expect to see, too. But for now I'm glad it works and exists, it's the main reason I love this game over EHM or others. Just having the option to make a fictional universe is rewarding in itself.
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:03 AM   #9
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

I know u mean generated draft which is fakelayers but what u mean about junior leagues because after a year or two isn't it fake players being brought into the game anyways?
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote