Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-18-2015, 04:10 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation IMPORTANT - About the "pre-release" on Friday March 20th. Please read!

OK guys, on Friday we will release the game to the friendly folks who have pre-ordered. In order for things to go smoothly, please read on.

1) Locate your serial number, you will need it on Friday. You can find it in the confirmation email of your purchase, below the line that says "REGISTRATION INFORMATION". The serial number looks like this: OOTP16-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX.

If you cannot find the confirmation email, no problem. eSellerate has an after-purchase-support page, where you can find all your orders and receipts online. Please open the after-sales-support page here. Next to "Finding your order number", in the second section on that page, enter the email address that you used when you made the purchase.

2) We will send you an email to the email account you used for ordering once the game is ready to go. The email will include the link to the setup files (one each for PC, Mac or Linux). Sending all the emails does take us some time, so don't worry if others receive it half an hour earlier than you do! ... You should, to be sure, check your spam folders too when looking for the email. Also, if you unsubscribed our newsletter in the past couple of years, you will not receive an email because you are blocked from our list. If that is the case, please email andreas@ootpdevelopments.com with your order receipt, he will review it and reply with an email containing the links.

3) After you have downloaded and installed the game, the main screen will have the buttons "Purchase" and "Enter License Key" enabled. Click on the latter button, and then enter your license key into the box which comes up. You can use copy & paste, pasting on the PC works by hitting CTRL + V, on the Mac it's Cmd(Apple) + V. Again, the serial looks like this: OOTP16-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX ... the complete string is needed, including the "OOTP16"! Make sure you have no white spaces at the beginning or end.

4) It may take a few tries to activate the game, the servers will probably be rather busy. Unfortunately, this is out of our control, so you may have to be a bit patient.

5) If you still have problems activating the game, please read the following article in our knowledge base: Activation Problems - Help Desk

6) For general technical support, please do not post bugs on this general forum! We'll open the support forum with a bug report thread on Friday.

7) The free Steam key will be made available once the game is live on Steam, probably on Monday. There will be an online tool which lets you retrieve the key with your order ID. More info to follow.

Alright, that's it I guess. We will monitor the forums over the weekend and fix all bugs that get properly reported to our support team. Then on Monday we will release the game (including bug fixes) to the masses and provide patch #1 to the pre-order customers.

OOTP 16 is in really good shape, it's by far the best OOTP ever and we're looking forward to your feedback!

Cheers!
Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 03-20-2015 at 06:51 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:41 AM   #2
clwalcott
Minors (Triple A)

I presume you don't yet know or you would have mentioned but just in case - do you know what time you anticipate starting the rollout?
clwalcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 05:28 AM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwalcott View Post
I presume you don't yet know or you would have mentioned but just in case - do you know what time you anticipate starting the rollout?
No. We'll keep this a secret, otherwise peole would line up and our servers would crash.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:04 AM   #4
yougo1000
All Star Reserve

The best thing about school is that I can come home after the rush and activate the game.
Bulls
Hawks
and Kansas JayHawks
yougo1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:15 AM   #5
Gai1997
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwalcott View Post
I've heard otthers say previous versions happened during american night times, so I'm hoping I can wake up and play OOTP tomorrow.
Gai1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:16 AM   #6
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

The best ting about retirement is, well, everything! On vacation 24/7 365 days a year.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:21 AM   #7
tward13
All Star Starter

And to think, I took off work tomorrow to run some errands and get my car inspected....
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:47 AM   #8
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
The best ting about retirement is, well, everything! On vacation 24/7 365 days a year.
The best thing about being a consultant is that you can say "You know, I think I'll just take Friday off" and nobody can question you.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:55 AM   #9
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
No. We'll keep this a secret, otherwise peole would line up and our servers would crash.
I think people are already lined up.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:18 AM   #10
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

I had a dream that Markus realized it a day early lol
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:43 AM   #11
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gai1997 View Post
I've heard otthers say previous versions happened during american night times, so I'm hoping I can wake up and play OOTP tomorrow.
so late Thursday night/early friday morning in the states is a possibility?
IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:49 AM   #12
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

In some parts of the World it is already the 20th. Y'all better check your emails
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:52 AM   #13
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
In past years it's been around 2pm GMT

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:06 AM   #14
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
In past years it's been around 2pm GMT
Which is 10AM for us East Coasters.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:15 AM   #15
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

There's no consistency with the times though, so I would take these with a serious grain of salt...

Just saying, tempering expectations, the wait is the hardest part.

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:21 AM   #16
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
The best thing about being a consultant is that you can say "You know, I think I'll just take Friday off" and nobody can question you.
Yeah, I've banked up a decent number of hours this week in anticipation of going home early to OOTPerate tomorrow. Ah, 40 hour weeks...
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:21 AM   #17
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinthePOWERHOUSE View Post
There's no consistency with the times though, so I would take these with a serious grain of salt...

Just saying, tempering expectations, the wait is the hardest part.
Also, as Markus said in the original post, the times can be different for different people because of the number of e-mails going out. I'm sure no matter how many times that is repeated, though, there will be a flood of "some others got their game code and I haven't gotten mine yet!!!!!!!!" threads. Death, taxes, and those threads on launch day, as they say.

Last edited by Ruthian23; 03-19-2015 at 11:28 AM.
Ruthian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:23 AM   #18
sunung1188
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have deleted my purchase confirmation email

Greetings,

I am really sorry but I cannot find my purchase confirmation email. Could you please re-send me a confirmation email with the serial number that I will need please?

Details are as follows:

Name: Han Sun Ung

Purchase Route: https://store6.esellerate.net/store/...ageCatalog.htm

Purchase Email: sunung1188@gmail.com

Cheers.
sunung1188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:26 AM   #19
sunung1188
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Found it!

FOUND IT! phew. Really sorry about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunung1188 View Post
Greetings,

I am really sorry but I cannot find my purchase confirmation email. Could you please re-send me a confirmation email with the serial number that I will need please?

Details are as follows:

Name: Han Sun Ung

Purchase Route: https://store6.esellerate.net/store/...ageCatalog.htm

Purchase Email: sunung1188@gmail.com

Cheers.
sunung1188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:30 AM   #20
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthian23 View Post
Also, as Markus said in the original post, the times can be different for different people because of the number of e-mails going out. I'm sure no matter how many times that is repeated, though, there will be a flood of "some others got their game code and I haven't gotten mine yet!!!!!!!!" threads. Death, taxes, and those threads on launch day, as they say.
The I haven't gotten mine yet threads are obnoxious. It comes out in incremements and sending a certain amount of emails takes time. People have no patience anymore. Me? Tomorrow I'll be relaxing on my day off and waiting...and then playing for 72 consecutive hours.

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote