Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 01-13-2002, 09:47 AM   #1
crackpott
Hall Of Famer

Post "Agents" needed for FBBL

When we saw Corey Patterson sign for 10.5M when he could have gotten 20M+ on the open market, we realized we had to do something with free agents.

Basically, I came up with (well... at least I thought I did... turns out it's an old idea.) the idea of having all players represented by agents. There would be 5 agents in the league, each taking a certain alphabetical range of players. To sign extensions, owners would have to deal with the agents, and this could allow new things like no trade clauses, and players demanding trades.

I love this idea. I think it would be cool to want Jeter over Garciaparra because you know the "G" agent is a dickhead and you have a better shot to sign the overrated Yankees SS. There is one main flaw with this though.

The agents NEED to have a knowledge of the game, and be a mainstay in the league.

We can't have Scott Boras representing a group of players and then a few months down the road have all those players represented by a agent who'll sign anything stuffed in his face. This is the huge downfall of this system. So, in order for this to work, I need to make sure the agents would be VERY good for the league. Which is why I'm posting now, when the agents would take over in the offseason (it's the all-star break now.)

Being an agent is kinda like a mini commissioner. If you don't want to run your own league, but you like the idea of helping commissioners or whatever, this would be good for you. You get to control the fate of many people's teams and players. It also allows you to familiarize yourself better with OOTP leagues and how stupid some owners can be when a young guy hits the free agent market.

Anyway, the league is the <a href="http://members.rogers.com/crackpott" target="_blank">FBBL</a>

If you're interested, mail me at crackpott@rogers.com or contact me on AIM at <A HREF="aim:goim?screenname=BJGM&message=I would like to be an agent in your league.">BJGM</a>. Thank you for your interest. This idea will only fly if we get enough agents (5 or more) so tell me if you're interested.
crackpott is offline   Reply With Quote