Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-19-2019, 01:37 PM   #1
FlaviusFlav
Minors (Double A)

Auction House dupes?

I hadn't checked out the AH in a while, but tournaments brought me back.

Right now I'm browsing and there are tons of the same card with the exact same starting bid/buy now price/end time.

Curious if there is some duplication happening, or if there is a way to auto auction cards that I just didn't know about that is resulting in tons of the same auctions happening at the same time.

FlaviusFlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 01:48 PM   #2
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Someone just went down the line of all their inactives...
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 01:49 PM   #3
Catchthedamnball
Minors (Double A)

This was covered a little in another thread. Basically, someone could have collected a number of the same card thinking collections or some other event would boost its market value. Then, either this boost didn't happen or the owner got impatient, and put up all those duplicates for auction at the same time for the same price. Pretty easy to do.

Catchthedamnball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 01:54 PM   #4
FlaviusFlav
Minors (Double A)

How do you put cards up for auction in bulk? They have the same end time to the second. When I select a bunch of cards I can't right-click "offer card in auction" and the only button is to quick-sell.

FlaviusFlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:05 PM   #5
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaviusFlav View Post
How do you put cards up for auction in bulk? They have the same end time to the second. When I select a bunch of cards I can't right-click "offer card in auction" and the only button is to quick-sell.
All auctions time out at the same second in each minute, so if you put up a card for 48 hours, it will probably appear with 48 hours and like 37 seconds left. It's entirely possible to put up ten or more cards per minute if the game is responsive enough which it isn't always.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:29 PM   #6
justpatrick
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaviusFlav View Post
Unfortunately you can´t do it in bulk, but since the time setting stays the same as the previous choice it´s possible to go through the cards quickly enough so that they all end at the same time. Depending on the number of cards of course.

justpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 05:10 PM   #7
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Buy enough packs, and you end up with a number of duplicate irons...my high is like 6, maybe 7 of the same card...

If you put them up for auction within the minute, they are listed with the exact same start/end time.

1. Click offer card in aauction.
2. Either leave it at minimum or change it quickly to price of your choice.
3. Submit

2 clicks and one choice that takes almost no time, or just 2 clicks.

So it can be done very quickly & it's not so unusual for a player to have multiple irons or maybe even bronze cards. And many people playing love the experience of opening packs so who knows what someone else's card collection looks like? I've gotten 2 of the same irons in 1 pack.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 02:07 PM   #8
Morgans Magic
Minors (Single A)

Is it at all possible that OOTP dropped in some new historical cards to help seed the start of tourneys which suddenly make that distinction more important? Because it seems to primarily have been in historical cards. And they were all sold for the minimum, even cards worth much much more.
Morgans Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 02:12 PM   #9
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgans Magic View Post
Is it at all possible that OOTP dropped in some new historical cards to help seed the start of tourneys which suddenly make that distinction more important? Because it seems to primarily have been in historical cards. And they were all sold for the minimum, even cards worth much much more.
The developers have said many times that they do not seed the auction house.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 02:15 PM   #10
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

How is it so hard to believe that someone went thru their collection and quickly auctioned off duplicates?
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote