Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-28-2014, 05:28 PM   #41
frangipard
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Rocks View Post
With the players that were batting ahead of him ya just a wee bit of a advantage.
I'm thinking that with 7 straight WS wins, some of those guys are HOF material, too.

Yes, given that he was a core player on such an absurdly dominant team, he's a mortal lock for the HOF.

Still waiting to hear why Les Musselwhite was born in the DR, though. Child of missionaries, and the Tim Tebow of baseball? Son of the US Ambassador?

Last edited by frangipard; 04-28-2014 at 05:32 PM.
frangipard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:31 PM   #42
Funkasaurus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Anyone else notice this?

He's got more GIDP than HR for his career. He's got a perfect recipe for a record like that, too - slow 1B, lots of contact and very few walks. The four-year peak is a really good one though, somewhere around .310/.340/.570, 42 HR, 140 RBI, 100 R per year. He broke out relatively late at age 27, hit like a madman for four years and remained productive for the better part of a decade. He's borderline to me, the low OBP/high GIDP combo really hurts his value but his ability to hit for both 90th percentile contact and power is rare.
Funkasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:25 AM   #43
24Rocks
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkasaurus View Post
He's got more GIDP than HR for his career. He's got a perfect recipe for a record like that, too - slow 1B, lots of contact and very few walks. The four-year peak is a really good one though, somewhere around .310/.340/.570, 42 HR, 140 RBI, 100 R per year. He broke out relatively late at age 27, hit like a madman for four years and remained productive for the better part of a decade. He's borderline to me, the low OBP/high GIDP combo really hurts his value but his ability to hit for both 90th percentile contact and power is rare.
He was stuck in the Minors behind and other first basemen who also was stuck in the minors and who I traded in 2039

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangipard View Post
I'm thinking that with 7 straight WS wins, some of those guys are HOF material, too.

Yes, given that he was a core player on such an absurdly dominant team, he's a mortal lock for the HOF.

Still waiting to hear why Les Musselwhite was born in the DR, though. Child of missionaries, and the Tim Tebow of baseball? Son of the US Ambassador?
He was the son of The US traitor who helped the DR become independent country again.

AFBL:Ontario Blue Pirates (2013-2055) 3177-3255(.494)
Wild Card:8
Division Titles: 8
Pennants: 2020, 2049, 2051
2051 CHAMPS

Former leagues:
LOHO: Detroit Tigers
ISL: San Diego Padres
VSL: Pittsburgh Pirates
NPBL: Ohio Raptors/Nova Scotia Fishermen
Check you my YOUTUBE or TWITCH
24Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:55 AM   #44
JMDurron
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksabr View Post
Of all the major league analogs, this guy's career looks probably closest to Andre Dawson:

Code:
Player             HR    RBI    AVG    OBP    SLG    OPS    OPS+
Musselwhite    437    1663    .283    .314    .516    .830    122
Dawson            438    1591    .279    .323    .482    .805    119
Is that a Hall of Famer? You tell me.
Andre Dawson was a plus defensive CF/RF for most of his career, and he was still a questionable MLB HOF choice. Musselwhite fairs extremely poorly in this comparison to a real MLB player who actually played defense well for a while before his knees gave out. I also don't think we're comparing this league's HOF to the real MLB HOF, based on the stats in the screenshot back on page 1. Musselwhite compares somewhat well to his peers, and has the "Fame" aspects to get him into the hall.
JMDurron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:58 PM   #45
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

given the fact that 1600 RBIs is in the top 10 of your league i would say pretty good and in the top 5 would say pretty darn good.... All this just based on the RBI total of which was the origional question
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:50 PM   #46
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDurron View Post
Andre Dawson was a plus defensive CF/RF for most of his career, and he was still a questionable MLB HOF choice. Musselwhite fairs extremely poorly in this comparison to a real MLB player who actually played defense well for a while before his knees gave out. I also don't think we're comparing this league's HOF to the real MLB HOF, based on the stats in the screenshot back on page 1. Musselwhite compares somewhat well to his peers, and has the "Fame" aspects to get him into the hall.
Fair point, although I don't think the screenshot provides the full picture of the league you would need to give an expert opinion of the HOF worthiness of this player. I just thought it was interesting to find the RL analog.
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote