Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 07-31-2019, 06:54 PM   #1
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

The Ulimate Universe 2019 for OOTP 20

This quickstart is for OOTP 20 and includes all major, international, independent, high school, and college baseball leagues. It was built using version 20.6.33. I've added S. Korea HS and college amateurs as well.

Rosters aren't updated, ratings aren't updated, and trade deadline deals aren't updated but I've done my best to keep the universe 2019 relevant though it's not perfect.

Please note - it's an incredible amount of work to update the Ultimate Universe every time the in-game rosters are updated and the game patched. It's a miracle I even uploaded this version which has been sitting on my HD for months but I know a few people will really get a kick out of it. Please don't ask for support for rosters / ratings because those have never been within the scope of this project.

All amateur leagues or semi-pro (think most of the EU leagues) are fictional players.and since they're "unaffiliated major leagues" there's no good way to my knowledge to create players for the HS and college leagues that have a lot potential / room to develop.

Also included is a HS feeder league for the MLB called the American Baseball Academy; this is for talent balance purposes for when after the 4 years worth of included draft pools run out, these players should still supply the MLB directly with HS players since the HS associations leagues are destined to go to the college leagues first.

A couple of tips:
1. To install - download the file, unzip using 7zip and place the .quick folder into the OOTP /Quickstarts directory. Fire up OOTP and select "New QuickStart Game" and select the quickstart from the menu.
2. Retire players with an age of 30 and above with potential below 21 (using MLB as base for ratings) every Jan. 1 to help keep the world efficient.
3. Every June 10 before the MLB draft, manually adjust all 4-year college leagues so that the age limits are temporarily 18-21 instead of 18-22; this will allow the 21 year juniors / red shirt sophomores to get drafted like in real life.
4. Since the HS leagues are technically considered "unaffiliated" high school leagues instead of "feeder" leagues, they will not organically generate their own players each year. I suggest every September 1st, you the user manually fill EACH US high school league with fictional players. This will fill each of the 50 leagues with new 15 year old freshman to make up for the 19 year seniors that "graduate" to free agency or college.

A perfect compliment to Nutt's BIG World universe as well.

Credits:
low, Lawn_Loaf, txranger, eriqjaffe, MUFC, LukasBerger, Reds1, ROBO, stealofhome, Isedelyod the entire community

The Ultimate Universe 2019 v1.2 (1.7GB)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/35tdx...20_1.2.7z/file
Attached Images

Last edited by Dr. P.R. Park III; 08-01-2019 at 09:10 PM.
Dr. P.R. Park III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:11 PM   #2
Insomniac
Major Leagues

Wow. Every year you take this to another level. Thanks!
Old 11-18-2019, 12:27 PM   #3
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Every 3-5 saves this crashes. This is great but ultimately unplayable cause of the crashes.

I'm so tired of putting work into making the world exactly how I want it only for OOTP to rash cause it can't handle the size. I think I'm done with OOTP.

Really wanted this to work but it just keeps crashing on me

Last edited by OutS|der; 11-18-2019 at 12:28 PM.
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:28 PM   #4
lucasnake
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. P.R. Park III View Post
4. Since the HS leagues are technically considered "unaffiliated" high school leagues instead of "feeder" leagues, they will not organically generate their own players each year. I suggest every September 1st, you the user manually fill EACH US high school league with fictional players. This will fill each of the 50 leagues with new 15 year old freshman to make up for the 19 year seniors that "graduate" to free agency or college.
I'm new to this game, is there an way to fill all the HS leagues together instead of going into each one?
lucasnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:34 PM   #5
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasnake View Post
I'm new to this game, is there an way to fill all the HS leagues together instead of going into each one?
Nope don't think so.

Are you having crash issues as well or is it just me?
Old 11-18-2019, 02:09 PM   #6
lucasnake
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutS|der View Post
Nope don't think so.

Are you having crash issues as well or is it just me?
So far i have just simmed one season, and actually the game crashed once but i didn't saw why
lucasnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:30 AM   #7
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Could be cause I’m still on the 19 version.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:49 AM   #8
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutS|der View Post
Could be cause I’m still on the 19 version.
Yes, that's probably it.
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 10:39 AM   #9
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Yes, that's probably it.

Thanks I kinda figured. I’m stuck on the 19 version for a little while longer. Am trying to recreate all the trades and roster moves that happened in 2018 and am using version 20 as my reference, plus coping the player history from that as well.
Hopefully it won’t take that long to complete the rest of the teams.

Thanks
Old 11-20-2019, 08:15 PM   #10
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Hey Dr Park, maybe you can answer this before I download, do you have circular NCAA Logos or regular logos?
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 08:55 PM   #11
Neags23
All Star Starter

The amount of work that went into this is insane. I've spent the last week trying to setup a fraction of this before I got tired of it and went looking for a quickstart... and holy cow! Thanks for sharing!

I only wanted about 6 leagues, but since everything here is basically perfect, it feels like such a waste to go through and delete so many...

Is it possible to pick and choose which leagues I'd like and export/import them into a new world, rather than deleting?

Thanks again!

Last edited by Neags23; 12-12-2019 at 09:04 PM.
Neags23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:43 AM   #12
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Any way I can help edit this for OOTP 21 use, now that a ton of work has been done on feeder systems and the draft?
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 04:40 AM   #13
kgor93
Minors (Single A)

Anyone have any luck getting this to run smoothly on OOTP21? It is extremely slow.
kgor93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 11:57 AM   #14
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgor93 View Post
Anyone have any luck getting this to run smoothly on OOTP21? It is extremely slow.

I'm very slowly working on a version for OOTP 21 but it's not easy.

And even if you have a modern day Blade server ENIAC, this universe will run slow because a lot is going on in all directions.
Dr. P.R. Park III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:46 PM   #15
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. P.R. Park III View Post
I'm very slowly working on a version for OOTP 21 but it's not easy.

And even if you have a modern day Blade server ENIAC, this universe will run slow because a lot is going on in all directions.
Very much looking forward to an OOTP21 version.