Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-17-2019, 08:07 AM   #1241
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Since it's getting near the end of the week, it's time to start making sure your friends lists are ok. From my calculations, it appears there are 4 new teams to add to your friends lists, all playing in Iron this year, so people who are friending Iron/Bronze teams add these to your list (or verify they are there):

Argonaut27 - Victoria Vikings
Goliathus3 - Youngstown Orcas
Sabakon2 - New Zealand Silver Ferns
Diezwraths1 - Janesville Onyx

I'm assuming Diezwraths will be able to get his roster in shape by the end of the week.

Iron/Bronze people please make sure you add these folks. It am sure it's frustrating to have your team all set up but not get grouped with other OL teams due to friends list shenanigans.

And new teams: be sure to double check your placement settings to make sure you're using the friends list.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:26 AM   #1242
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Since Stanley is still having issues...

Here's a hand-tabulation of S278. The top 3 matched what Stanley wrote so I am going with the assumption that all the rest are accurate too.

Code:
Team			 W	 L	Pct
Palolo Puppies		18	11	.621
Sanguine Classics	31	23	.574
Salem Witches		22	17	.564
Cooper Gutter Cats	15	13	.536
Waffletown Syrups	18	16	.529
Annandale Atom Smashers	20	18	.526
Bluffton Boomerangs	22	22	.500
Port Ruppert Mundys	20	24	.455
Asylum Keepers 		19	23	.452
Terra Incognito Cowboys 23	29	.442
Shasta Black Bears 	20	26	.435
Wheatland Jets		14	21	.400
Old 05-17-2019, 09:03 AM   #1243
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Scrimping and saving, I have gathered the money to pick up a Willie Stargel Diamond card to take over First Base. I am sure he will be just as good as my other diamond cards - LHP Wilbur Cooper (4-8, 5.59 ERA) and SS Jay Bell (1 HR, 36 RBI). Heck, you just can't get that kind of production from Gold or Silver Cards.

I think Mr. Cooper will be sitting out the next season in our special Salem Witches purification and retraining center...

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:07 AM   #1244
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabakon View Post
Scrimping and saving, I have gathered the money to pick up a Willie Stargel Diamond card to take over First Base. I am sure he will be just as good as my other diamond cards - LHP Wilbur Cooper (4-8, 5.59 ERA) and SS Jay Bell (1 HR, 36 RBI). Heck, you just can't get that kind of production from Gold or Silver Cards.

I think Mr. Cooper will be sitting out the next season in our special Salem Witches purification and retraining center...

Just threaten to have him do his off-season training in Innsmouth, that will incentify him!

Let's Go Crew
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:45 AM   #1245
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Sabakon, there's always that moment of dread when I buy an expensive card... you put it in the lineup... you start praying they don't end up hitting .153 for the season. That's why I often buy new cards on Fridays - when I put them in the lineup they only have one month to suck. Then the next year they can get a fresh start and do well!

Of course this is complete superstition but I'm following it nevertheless.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:06 AM   #1246
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Had a little time this morning so I thought I would see how Gold .305 standings look. Think I got all the games and teams but I apologize in advance if I missed any.

Code:

OUR LEAGUE GOLD 305 STANDINGS
				W  L  PCT   GB   Remaining
Luckenbach Armadillos		7  3  .700   -   3      3 vs CMR
CliffMarkle Roadrunners		7  7  .500  2.0  6      3 vs Luck 3 vs Kan
Harlem Hatchets			3  3  .500  2.0	 2      2 vs Kan
Ewa Beach Fighting Chickens	5  7  .417  3.0	 0
Kaneohe Monks			4  6  .400  3.0	 5      2 vs Har 3 vs CMR
A 6-1 start was the key for the Luckenabach Armadillos. After dropping their Our League season opener 3-1 to Kaneohe, the Armadillos reeled off 6 straight victories including a 4-game sweep of the CliffMarkle Roadrunners. Pitching was the key in the first 3 games against the Roadrunners as the Armadillos won by scores of 3-1, 1-0 and 2-1 before finishing with a blowout 18-6 victory.

According to my math all the Armadillos need to do is win one of their final 3 games against the Roadrunners to clinch the Our League Pennant. The Roadrunners still have a slight chance at claiming the pennant but have to pretty much run the table and win their final 6 games. Harlem is still alive but need to win out and have the Roadrunners take 2 of 3 from Luchenbach and not sweep Kaneohe. I believe Kaneohe also has a chance if they win their final 5 games and have the Roadrunners sweep Luckenbach. (All very rough math in my head so could be wrong.)

ROADRUNNERS MOVES
The Roadrunners made another series of moves after a disappointing first half of the season that saw them finish July with a 55-54 record. 92 rated pitcher Chris Short had not impressed in his 2 seasons with the club so he was sold on the auction house and netted a small profit over his average selling price. That money was reinvested to add pitchers Dizzy Dean (89) and Claude Passeau (88) at what we felt were bargain prices. The club also used the money to improve the offense with the purchase of outfielder Chuck Klein (84), a long-time favourite of the team manager. Klein will join Kenny Lofton and Willie Stargell(95) in the outfield as the experiment of using both Lofton(75) and Rickey Henderson (70) in the starting lineup has failed to generate enough offense. Klein doubled and drove in 2 runs in his second game while Dean got the win in his debut, going 7 innings and allowing just 1 run. Passeau will debut this week.

The Roadrunners also got rewarded when they decided to use the remaining points from the Short sale on a pack. We drew Tiger legend George Kell in that pack which is a nice change from getting and then quick-selling 6 mediocre 2019 Live players. The 70 rated Kell is not good enough to play on our gold team but the club is looking forward to perhaps using him in some specialty tournaments.

A nice inexpensive pick up for the club was the signing of 78 rated Butch Metzger at a very good price. The reliever has been outstanding in a setup role, going 2-1 with a 1.42 era with 29ks and just 6 walks in 25 innings. Meanwhile, pitchers Larry Jackson (1-8, 4.52), Herb Pennock (7-6, 4.35) and Mark Fidrych (4-4, 4.91) have all been sent to the minors. Jackson just couldn't buy a win. Pennock and Fidrych started strong but have struggled the past month and were expendable with the new pitching additions.

The Roadrunners are 4 games out of a wildcard spot and in a battle with the Armadillos, who are 3.5 out. Our League is well represented in the battle as the Kaneohe Monks presently hold the top wildcard.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 11:09 AM   #1247
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Gutter Cats spent some saved up PP and got Bullet Joe Rogan. He immediately pitched an excellent game picking up the win. Gutter Cats really rallied in July after a mediocre start to the season.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 11:12 AM   #1248
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Gutter Cats spent some saved up PP and got Bullet Joe Rogan. He immediately pitched an excellent game picking up the win. Gutter Cats really rallied in July after a mediocre start to the season.
might end up with a good post season showing from our bunch in silver if all things go right....

btw... is that a Jethro Tull silhouette in the Saint Paul logo? Just happened to glance at it
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 11:16 AM   #1249
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
might end up with a good post season showing from our bunch in silver if all things go right....

btw... is that a Jethro Tull silhouette in the Saint Paul logo? Just happened to glance at it

It is!

Old 05-17-2019, 11:41 AM   #1250
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Annandale did what it's always done - spend it's PP as quickly as they come in. For some reason that team is terrible at saving up.

Our outfield has been a defensive mess for a while - it seems we were acquiring players with little thought as to where they'd have to play play. As a result I ended up with three corner outfielders and nobody really qualified to play CF. Those days are over, though, as we blew our accumulated PP on the 84OVR Kaline. This has moved our current CF, Barry Bonds, to the bench, at least temporarily. While Bonds came with high recommendations, his low contact ratings have caused his performance to be (relatively) underwhelming. Rumor has it he'll be shipped out soon.

This move comes shortly after adding Elmer Riddle to the starting rotation. Riddle took the spot previously occupied by Catfish Hunter for the last 7 or 8 seasons. Also new this season are the infield duo of Roberto Alomar at 2B and Hanley Ramirez at SS. Those two have settled in and are hitting the ball with gusto!

Those moves have depleted Annandale's cash though, so don't expect more changes anytime soon.
Old 05-17-2019, 12:17 PM   #1251
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Annandale did what it's always done - spend it's PP as quickly as they come in. For some reason that team is terrible at saving up.

Our outfield has been a defensive mess for a while - it seems we were acquiring players with little thought as to where they'd have to play play. As a result I ended up with three corner outfielders and nobody really qualified to play CF. Those days are over, though, as we blew our accumulated PP on the 84OVR Kaline. This has moved our current CF, Barry Bonds, to the bench, at least temporarily. While Bonds came with high recommendations, his low contact ratings have caused his performance to be (relatively) underwhelming. Rumor has it he'll be shipped out soon.

This move comes shortly after adding Elmer Riddle to the starting rotation. Riddle took the spot previously occupied by Catfish Hunter for the last 7 or 8 seasons. Also new this season are the infield duo of Roberto Alomar at 2B and Hanley Ramirez at SS. Those two have settled in and are hitting the ball with gusto!

Those moves have depleted Annandale's cash though, so don't expect more changes anytime soon.
The Puppies have had great success with Alomar and Ramirez. Alomar won the MVP last year. All offense not defense is the Puppie way.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:01 PM   #1252
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Is this the Gold Alomar? I wonder if any of you bought the one I sold a while back, he had picked up an NLCS MVP award for me. I ended up swapping him for Mark Loretta, who had a bit better defense. Incidentally I'm also swapping out Loretta next year.

I've seen a Diamond Alomar out there -- I wonder if his defense is good enough to play 2B at high levels? Would be nice to get him back on one of my teams as he was one of my favourite players growing up.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:05 PM   #1253
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Is this the Gold Alomar? I wonder if any of you bought the one I sold a while back, he had picked up an NLCS MVP award for me. I ended up swapping him for Mark Loretta, who had a bit better defense. Incidentally I'm also swapping out Loretta next year.

I've seen a Diamond Alomar out there -- I wonder if his defense is good enough to play 2B at high levels? Would be nice to get him back on one of my teams as he was one of my favourite players growing up.
Yup. Gold Alomar. I can't afford any Diamond players ha.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:27 PM   #1254
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
It is!

So instead of a peanut gallery, Saint Paul has a Minstrel in the Gallery? <ducks and hides>

Let's Go Crew
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:33 PM   #1255
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomcoach View Post
So instead of a peanut gallery, Saint Paul has a Minstrel in the Gallery? <ducks and hides>

Now I want to play that....

Old 05-17-2019, 04:42 PM   #1256
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Here's a hand-tabulation of S278. The top 3 matched what Stanley wrote so I am going with the assumption that all the rest are accurate too.

Code:
Team             W     L    Pct
Palolo Puppies        18    11    .621
Sanguine Classics    31    23    .574
Salem Witches        22    17    .564
Cooper Gutter Cats    15    13    .536
Waffletown Syrups    18    16    .529
Annandale Atom Smashers    20    18    .526
Bluffton Boomerangs    22    22    .500
Port Ruppert Mundys    20    24    .455
Asylum Keepers         19    23    .452
Terra Incognito Cowboys 23    29    .442
Shasta Black Bears     20    26    .435
Wheatland Jets        14    21    .400

Thanks for posting these. They are spot on. The forum is working for me again, so I'll be posting the standings and the updated list soon. Gotta run now. I need to bake 40 Harry Potter sorting cupcakes for my son's fiance's bridal shower tomorrow. Don't ask me what the hell they are, I'm just making 'em. Later.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 04:51 PM   #1257
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Okay boys, I'll be on vacation for a week ... don't throw me out of the league ... plus any updates will be appreciated since I'll don't have any access to OOTP
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 04:52 PM   #1258
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Of course this is complete superstition but I'm following it nevertheless.
It is not baseball without superstition

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 05:02 PM   #1259
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Of course it is voluntary, but would the teams that have yet to add the OL and the + to their team name and abbreviation please do so? It makes it much easier for the folks that have volunteered to do the standings, etc, for the rest of us. It is a little thing but I now see how much it must help them.

This has been an Our League public service message.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 05:03 PM   #1260
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Of course it is voluntary, but would the teams that have yet to add the OL and the + to their team name and abbreviation please do so? It makes it much easier for the folks that have volunteered to do the standings, etc, for the rest of us. It is a little thing but I now see how much it must help them.

This has been an Our League public service message.

I'd like to but it looks so stupid and immersion breaking you might have to just scan for Alice Cooper holding a skull in my case.