Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-23-2019, 01:07 PM   #1
Baseball Ray!
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Fantastic Game, Couple Follow-up Q:

Hey everyone, having an absolute blast with the depth of this thing. First game of the season, Luke Voit walked off the Yankees in the B 10th with a 2-run homer (Yankees hit 4 in the game), which leads me to my first question:

1.) I started Tanaka because Severino is on the IL (in real life) but not in the game, so I made the switch. According to the MLB website, there are 2 guys in AAA that are going to be in the starting rotation to replace him and Sabathia. Am I supposed to "injure" players to get them on the IL if the game does not already have them there? If so, I was not able to find where this function/edit is, to make room for the AAA replacements. (Maybe this is a ridiculous question, I obviously don't understand the process here).

2.) I also do not understand "live services" clearly. The game is downloaded onto my C-drive, so I have no "live" connection to anything for daily updates/services. So, do I just react to what happens in my game (injuries, etc) and it could be completely different from what anyone else experiences in simming/playing out the 2019 season, or what actually occurs during the MLB season for that matter? Given the example of Severino, should I have just started him in game 1? [I have chosen to play the season in commissioner mode, managing no specific team financials, trades, etc. Basically, just playing games "out-of-the-box" to get familiar with it].

3. Last question is a carry over from an earlier message. My scoreboard (in Modern 3D mode) does not display runs by inning, hits, and errors (I either have to go to the boxscore, or choose an alternate scoreboard mode, which I definitely don't want to do). I was advised this was a screen resolution issue, and going to "settings" and changing from "windowed" to "wide screen" may work - well - it did not for me. I looked up on the internet the Dell S2330MX external monitor I have connected to my laptop and it confirms my screen resolution is 1920 X 1080, which is the resolution that was suggested I needed. So, are there any suggestions on how to get the scoreboard to show this data?

I apologize for the length of this note, but wanted to try to explain as thoroughly as possible, so you could direct your responses. Thank you so much, I enjoy reading all your posts on this board, it helps me to better understand all of the many moving parts involved with this game!

Steve
Baseball Ray! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 01:27 PM   #2
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Ray! View Post
Hey everyone, having an absolute blast with the depth of this thing. First game of the season, Luke Voit walked off the Yankees in the B 10th with a 2-run homer (Yankees hit 4 in the game), which leads me to my first question:

1.) I started Tanaka because Severino is on the IL (in real life) but not in the game, so I made the switch. According to the MLB website, there are 2 guys in AAA that are going to be in the starting rotation to replace him and Sabathia. Am I supposed to "injure" players to get them on the IL if the game does not already have them there? If so, I was not able to find where this function/edit is, to make room for the AAA replacements. (Maybe this is a ridiculous question, I obviously don't understand the process here).

2.) I also do not understand "live services" clearly. The game is downloaded onto my C-drive, so I have no "live" connection to anything for daily updates/services. So, do I just react to what happens in my game (injuries, etc) and it could be completely different from what anyone else experiences in simming/playing out the 2019 season, or what actually occurs during the MLB season for that matter? Given the example of Severino, should I have just started him in game 1? [I have chosen to play the season in commissioner mode, managing no specific team financials, trades, etc. Basically, just playing games "out-of-the-box" to get familiar with it].

3. Last question is a carry over from an earlier message. My scoreboard (in Modern 3D mode) does not display runs by inning, hits, and errors (I either have to go to the boxscore, or choose an alternate scoreboard mode, which I definitely don't want to do). I was advised this was a screen resolution issue, and going to "settings" and changing from "windowed" to "wide screen" may work - well - it did not for me. I looked up on the internet the Dell S2330MX external monitor I have connected to my laptop and it confirms my screen resolution is 1920 X 1080, which is the resolution that was suggested I needed. So, are there any suggestions on how to get the scoreboard to show this data?

I apologize for the length of this note, but wanted to try to explain as thoroughly as possible, so you could direct your responses. Thank you so much, I enjoy reading all your posts on this board, it helps me to better understand all of the many moving parts involved with this game!

Steve
1) Enable "Commissioner Mode" in the Manager Options tab. This will allow you to do whatever you please. However, the devs will release a patch shortly after Opening Day that puts people on the IL like they should be. (You would need to start a new save post-patch to see those changes.)

2) Live services has no impact on anything once you start a save. So if you started "live" on say, April 2nd, whatever has happened to that point in real life will be present in your file, but going forward, real life has no impact.

I cannot answer the third question, as I steer clear from 3D (have no interest).
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:59 PM   #3
Baseball Ray!
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OK, just to be sure I have a correct understanding. Once my season (I suppose "save" means the same thing as season) is underway (it is), then I should allow it to unfold in its unique way, w/o respect to what is going on in MLB. If that is true, then I would not want to alter my starting rotation(s) according to real life, and therefore I would also not want to download into my game any "patch/update" that would change "my world" - in this respect. Is this correct?

I assume this is why some would do a "replay" of any stock season after it has occurred, all actual transactions, injuries, etc. are already built into the season.

So, the only type of future patch I would download is anything connected to updating or fixing something with the game itself - but not having to do with updated injuries, transactions, etc. Agreed?
Old 03-23-2019, 07:26 PM   #4
slugga27
All Star Starter

For the first part of your post...yes, that's correct.

As far as patches go, patches will do several things and I recommend downloading all patches. Sometimes, yes, they update rosters or do something that would require you to "start over" for a change to take effect. However, most of the time, the patches contain tweaks, improvements and occasionally even new features that don't require you to "start over" to take effect.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:44 PM   #5
Greenbay
Minors (Double A)

I'm not sure about the first two, but for #3, set your computer's display to 100% then you'll see all 9 innings. Often Windows defaults to 125%. Last year's version did this too.
Greenbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:25 PM   #6
Baseball Ray!
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hey GreenBay - are you a Packer fan - or is the name just a coincidence? I took my dad back in 2012 (his age 81), to see his first Packer's game at Lambeau. We stayed there the whole weekend. Spent a ton at Favre's Place - twice! He's been a fan all his life, grew up in Superior WI, and went to UW in Madison. Hoping they can finally pull it together this year!

So, when you say to set my computer display to 100%, where do I find these settings??

Thank you,
Steve
Old 03-23-2019, 10:29 PM   #7
Baseball Ray!
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OK, Slagga27, I think we're making progress (thanks for being patient with me - lots to understand here).

Just to be clear, when I apply a patch at any time, it's not going to erase my in-progress season stats/standings/results etc., up to that point, will it? The patch will just make its correction(s) and leave my season (save) intact?

Thank you,
Steve
Old 03-23-2019, 11:03 PM   #8
Baseball Ray!
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hey GreenBay - I've discovered that I DO NOT have the proper screen resolution on my monitor that was recommended for running this game (my display setting was in fact already set at 100%). So, I think that is my bottom line problem here, and until I upgrade hardware, I don't expect this to change. Thanks again for your effort!

Steve
Old 03-24-2019, 12:30 AM   #9
Greenbay
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Hey GreenBay - are you a Packer fan - or is the name just a coincidence? I took my dad back in 2012 (his age 81), to see his first Packer's game at Lambeau. We stayed there the whole weekend. Spent a ton at Favre's Place - twice! He's been a fan all his life, grew up in Superior WI, and went to UW in Madison. Hoping they can finally pull it together this year!

So, when you say to set my computer display to 100%, where do I find these settings??

Thank you,
Steve
Yep, born in Wisconsin. Packer fan for life. Plus I like the fact that the Packers are owned mostly by the people of Wisconsin. No greedy billionaire that will leave town like the Chargers have.
Greenbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:29 AM   #10
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
OK, Slagga27, I think we're making progress (thanks for being patient with me - lots to understand here).

Just to be clear, when I apply a patch at any time, it's not going to erase my in-progress season stats/standings/results etc., up to that point, will it? The patch will just make its correction(s) and leave my season (save) intact?

Thank you,

Steve

Correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk