Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-20-2019, 11:52 PM   #461
bailey
Hall Of Famer

A cosmetic suggestion for people who would prefer to play with greater immersion. Each player card should receive a fictional name and these names could be toggled on if a GM chose. It would not apply in the AH, of course, even if toggled on. A GM's own players' names would be fictional with another option. So basically, 2 options: 1) fictionalize players names of other teams 2) fictionalize player's names on your own team.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 01:37 AM   #462
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
Here's what I see on my screen... The 6 stories in Yellow are about my team - then everything after that is back to all teams.
OK, I see what you mean. I can at least explain what's happening, even if I can't offer a solution. The News & Mail subscription settings decide which new emails you receive, not which old emails you are shown. So, it looks like you were getting news from the whole league through June 8th, then changed to news from your team only. The only other emails since then are the All Star updates, which the email filter considers important (I wonder if unchecking "general league news" would suppress those?), and the weekly power rankings, which only get through the filter if your team is #1. Seeing that your team was 52-14, I dare presume that was the case.

Anyway, the email filter works prospectively, not retrospectively. I think your request for it to filter retrospectively is valid, but if you get your settings the way you want them, it will work going forward, and you can delete the old ones or ignore them until they get deleted next week/year.
Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 01:19 PM   #463
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

For those who like to "Hide Scores" during the postseason and then watch the replay or highlights or read the box score or the game log, there's an annoying spoiler....

UPCOMING GAME - TODAY (or TOMORROW)
or it's not there...

When you know the current game was an elimination game for one team, knowing you have an upcoming game scheduled ruins the suspense.

Please, please, PLEASE, fix this!
2002halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:29 PM   #464
Sipimi
Minors (Triple A)

40-man roster in September ?
Sipimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:33 AM   #465
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

I hope you excuse what some might consider "silly" changes, but I noticed this morning moving into the Silver Level, that the Team Banner didn't change from "bronze". I guess I was expecting a silver/grey background, then gold, then blue, then black as we moved up levels... it would be a nice touch.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:34 PM   #466
daveh2018
Minors (Double A)

Since we cannot see Prior year performance, Would be nice in OOTP XX to have a Baseball Reference-esque database of card performance, showing average performance at each level, along with min/max/median when the card meets the requirements for being included in league leaders.

Of course, that would also provide us with a checklist of cards, ratings, etc...
daveh2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 11:52 AM   #467
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Since schedules are starting in March and ending in October suggests a real MLB schedule is being used. It would be a nice touch to pay some attention to detail and make sure that the starting date of the schedule is such that most days off are on Mondays and Thursdays just as in real life. Purely cosmetic change, I know, so not THAT important. It's just a nice touch.

Old 03-09-2019, 01:08 PM   #468
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Auction House idea: instead of sellers only posting, how about a want to buy posting, with a starting bid and a lower sell-it-now button. Sellers could bid the first price down. It would help people who want to buy the rare cards but don't have the time to be at their computers constantly, even with the new alert feature.

BTW if the new alert feature is implemented, would it also include an auto-bid feature? So, if someone offers to sell a player on my alert list for 50K (BIN) and I have inputted already that I am willing to pay 60K for it, then the autobid for 50K would take place. Similarly, if no BIN is offered but a starting bid of 50K is offered, then my autobid of 60K goes forward without further input from me.

Old 03-10-2019, 04:00 PM   #469
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Please add an achievement for turning a triple play, it should pay out a pretty substantial amount of PP since it rarely happens. My perfect league team turned one this season, it'd be nice to receive an achievement for it to go back and view the replay.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:07 PM   #470
daves
Hall Of Famer

A database add-on that shows all players included with the game(no duplicates). Just to find true L/R ratings.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:14 PM   #471
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
A database add-on that shows all players included with the game(no duplicates). Just to find true L/R ratings.
There was a poll regarding inclusion of this on the PT board for OOTP20, and they said on the last twipt episode that the development team is evenly split on what to do with a database.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:30 PM   #472
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
There was a poll regarding inclusion of this on the PT board for OOTP20, and they said on the last twipt episode that the development team is evenly split on what to do with a database.
If we're able to view all other PT universes in 20, they might as well provide a centralized DB of at least all pulled cards; leaving those cards that haven't been pulled yet a mystery until pulled is cool. But a centralized, sortable list of all pulled cards where L/R splits can be viewed would make this game a little more enjoyable and save their player base a ton of time.

Last edited by pappyzan; 03-10-2019 at 04:33 PM.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:47 PM   #473
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
Can't find this poll. Is it still active?

Old 03-10-2019, 05:55 PM   #474
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

I think it ended at 5pm yesterday. It was in the OOTP20 Perfect Team forum.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:04 AM   #475
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Auction House idea: instead of sellers only posting, how about a want to buy posting, with a starting bid and a lower sell-it-now button. Sellers could bid the first price down. It would help people who want to buy the rare cards but don't have the time to be at their computers constantly, even with the new alert feature.

BTW if the new alert feature is implemented, would it also include an auto-bid feature? So, if someone offers to sell a player on my alert list for 50K (BIN) and I have inputted already that I am willing to pay 60K for it, then the autobid for 50K would take place. Similarly, if no BIN is offered but a starting bid of 50K is offered, then my autobid of 60K goes forward without further input from me.

I think everyone should just be able to input a list of cards wanted and price they are offering then as a seller the new "quicksell" is just to take the highest offered price.

The app should help things some, but you are right that availability of specific players is a pain-point right now for people who can't be refreshing the auction house all day
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:13 AM   #476
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

It looks like someone forgot to add MOV as a sortable rating in the auction house. Also, can we get a "tag all" button for our inactive roster? It's tedious clicking 500 cards so that I can bulk sell.
ASURay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:34 PM   #477
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuray View Post
it looks like someone forgot to add mov as a sortable rating in the auction house. Also, can we get a "tag all" button for our inactive roster? It's tedious clicking 500 cards so that i can bulk sell.
^^^^^this^^^^^

Old 03-25-2019, 11:44 AM   #478
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASURay View Post
It looks like someone forgot to add MOV as a sortable rating in the auction house. Also, can we get a "tag all" button for our inactive roster? It's tedious clicking 500 cards so that I can bulk sell.
Would also be helpful to add "Primary POS Defense" as a sortable stat. In v19 the most common strategies I saw were high-CON, high-MOV, and/or high-DEF. We can only sort by one of these stats at the moment.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:32 PM   #479
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASURay View Post
Would also be helpful to add "Primary POS Defense" as a sortable stat. In v19 the most common strategies I saw were high-CON, high-MOV, and/or high-DEF. We can only sort by one of these stats at the moment.
The MOV stat that gets displayed is a calculated stat based on underlying movement and adjusted by ground ball % IIRC. So that would make it about impossible to sort on that because you'd have to calculate for every pitcher on the AH. They would have to change the MOV rating to be a static field instead of a calculation. I wouldn't expect this soon.

Also, this is the 19 forum so I wouldn't expect it ever.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 02:18 PM   #480
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
The MOV stat that gets displayed is a calculated stat based on underlying movement and adjusted by ground ball % IIRC. So that would make it about impossible to sort on that because you'd have to calculate for every pitcher on the AH. They would have to change the MOV rating to be a static field instead of a calculation. I wouldn't expect this soon.

Also, this is the 19 forum so I wouldn't expect it ever.
Which groundball%? I never saw any of the MOV ratings change in v19 which suggests that it must already be static, no?

Last edited by ASURay; 03-25-2019 at 02:19 PM.