Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 09-05-2015, 03:56 PM   #41
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevRedbird23 View Post
If new draft picks are with their correct franchises, but the start date is still Opening Day, what happens on draft day? Duplicate players? Less of a pool of players to select?

Thanks!
The new draft picks aren't with their current teams. They're still in the pool.

Or are you saying what happens if you move them yourself?

In that case, yeah less real players in the pool, though the game should generate fictional guys to fill out the numbers.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 04:42 PM   #42
pablo666
Minors (Rookie Ball)

seriously....anyone can help with this?
pablo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 02:26 AM   #43
NCBeachBum
All Star Starter

So, emm, am I the only one for whom this has Ryne Sandberg managing the Braves?

Edit: Ignore me. Just saw the right thread for this. (wasn't there a way to delete posts completely at one point in this edit menu?)
Shame, shame on you

Last edited by NCBeachBum; 09-07-2015 at 02:32 AM.
NCBeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 04:08 AM   #44
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo666 View Post
seriously....anyone can help with this?
Not really. Sorry. It should be straightforward. Just go to add-ons central. If that's not working then I don't really know what to say without more info.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:51 PM   #45
pablo666
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OK - I think I have a problem with Add on Central - is there any way someone can send me this file?
Old 09-08-2015, 05:53 PM   #46
pablo666
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Or if there were direct access to OOTP Dev mods folder
Old 09-09-2015, 11:33 AM   #47
icedragon15
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
The new draft picks aren't with their current teams. They're still in the pool.

Or are you saying what happens if you move them yourself?

In that case, yeah less real players in the pool, though the game should generate fictional guys to fill out the numbers.
if i move players to team and in befroe regular season turn off draft it would be okay turns off the draft?
icedragon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 05:45 PM   #48
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Haven't actually checked, but I don't think they are.
What's up with alignment???
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:36 PM   #49
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
What's up with alignment???
I think a couple teams were in the wrong divisions. Richmond in the EL maybe, I forget exactly who else. Nothing that was too big a deal imo
Old 09-11-2015, 04:31 PM   #50
vegaspomeranians
Minors (Double A)

Giolito's ranking is way too low. He's a top 3 prospect and for some #1 overall. I have him #46 in my sim. Brutal.
vegaspomeranians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 04:53 PM   #51
ihatenames
Hall Of Famer

Can we expect this to make it to MLB manager at some point as well?
Old 09-11-2015, 05:48 PM   #52
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspomeranians View Post
Giolito's ranking is way too low. He's a top 3 prospect and for some #1 overall. I have him #46 in my sim. Brutal.
I'd disagree on both top 3 and #1 overall, but he shouldn't be 46 for sure. That being said, I'm certain he isn't.

Guessing you have scouting on You need to turn it off before commenting on ratings and rankings.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 09-11-2015 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-11-2015, 10:59 PM   #53
vegaspomeranians
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I'd disagree on both top 3 and #1 overall, but he shouldn't be 46 for sure. That being said, I'm certain he isn't.

Guessing you have scouting on You need to turn it off before commenting on ratings and rankings.
MLB.com 2015 Prospect Watch | MLB.com

Both players above him are playing regularly now so he should be #1. I turned scouting off and he jumped into the teens. Still way off for a pitcher that many feel is the best pitching prospect in the minors as of now.

Last edited by vegaspomeranians; 09-11-2015 at 11:06 PM.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:32 PM   #54
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
MLB.com 2015 Prospect Watch | MLB.com

Both players above him are playing regularly now so he should be #1. I turned scouting off and he jumped into the teens. Still way off for a pitcher that many feel is the best pitching prospect in the minors as of now.
It is way, off, but you didn't answer the question as to whether you have scouting on? That will mess your rankings up and it's enabled by default. You have to turn it off before you can start talking/complaining about ratings and rankings here

He's not ranked 46th without scouting on, I can pretty well guarantee.

We use far more sources than just MLB.com at any rate, so also don't take their rankings as entirely gospel
Old 09-12-2015, 12:30 AM   #55
vegaspomeranians
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
It is way, off, but you didn't answer the question as to whether you have scouting on? That will mess your rankings up and it's enabled by default. You have to turn it off before you can start talking/complaining about ratings and rankings here

He's not ranked 46th without scouting on, I can pretty well guarantee.

We use far more sources than just MLB.com at any rate, so also don't take their rankings as entirely gospel
I did mention that in the previous post I turned it off then he was ranked something like 13 or so. He's also ranked #2 after Corey Seager in the top 50 midseason rankings on Baseball America. On The Sporting News, he's #3 behind Buxton and Correa. #2 on minorleagueball.com. #4 on baseballprof.com behind seager, schwarber, and sano. I could go on and on but he is usually the #1 rated prospect if you eliminate any players above him that have been called up and playing regularly. I'd like to know what sources were used to give him such a low ranking. It seems like pre 2014 ratings was used for him.

I hope that his potential ratings get a bigger boost in ootp17. I do not like to edit players, but in his case I probably will.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:59 AM   #56
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I did mention that in the previous post I turned it off then he was ranked something like 13 or so. He's also ranked #2 after Corey Seager in the top 50 midseason rankings on Baseball America. On The Sporting News, he's #3 behind Buxton and Correa. #2 on minorleagueball.com. #4 on baseballprof.com behind seager, schwarber, and sano. I could go on and on but he is usually the #1 rated prospect if you eliminate any players above him that have been called up and playing regularly. I'd like to know what sources were used to give him such a low ranking. It seems like pre 2014 ratings was used for him.

I hope that his potential ratings get a bigger boost in ootp17. I do not like to edit players, but in his case I probably will.
Oh yeah, I see that you did mention the teens ranking now. Missed that somehow

As far as sources, pretty much you name it, we use it.

Beyond that though, there are a few things. As pointed out, this update isn't intended to be comprehensive. We re-rated guys as they cam up on our radar, and I don't think we ever checked the prospect rankings. This was not an official update, it's just a quick, fun mod.

Another thing, you're talking about his likely ranking after guys graduate. In game though, the graduated guys are still there, and some of those ranked behind him in the preseason have certainly jumped him as prospects after we adjusted their rankings based on their their MLB debuts, guys like Noah Syndergaard f.e. There have been a TON of guys that made incredible debuts this year, and many of those now appear to have been ranked too low on the prospect lists earlier in the year.

The other thing to realize is that the difference between 13 and 3 or even 1 is pretty minimal.

Especially since the algorithm the game uses to generate the rankings isn't exactly perfect. It's very much a ballpark estimate and the game uses stuff beyond just the pure ratings to generate the rankings.

In fact, it's almost impossible to get the rankings exactly right, since some guys seem to need to be overrated or underrated according to pure ratings to fit into the right spot on the rankings, which is something we don't want to do, since the rankings are just going to change very quickly in game anyway.

His ratings are awfully high, which is all that really matters in the end. A couple spots up or down in the rankings will really have no effect in the end on how a guy eventually turns out in the game.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 09-12-2015 at 01:12 AM.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:01 AM   #57
Ed Flood
Bat Boy

Cool Implications

This is great news! The OOTP staff are very impressive.

I have two questions though -

If I update the rosters, will this affect a fantasy league I have going with historical players and some current players?

Secondly, I have many players with photos I've updated myself. Am I at risk for losing these photos with this roster update or next year's complete game update?

Thanks much everyone. Terrific game and terrific gaming community!
Ed Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 01:22 PM   #58
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Flood View Post
This is great news! The OOTP staff are very impressive.

I have two questions though -

If I update the rosters, will this affect a fantasy league I have going with historical players and some current players?

Secondly, I have many players with photos I've updated myself. Am I at risk for losing these photos with this roster update or next year's complete game update?

Thanks much everyone. Terrific game and terrific gaming community!
Nope installing the update won't affect either of those things.

The only possible problem is that if we've changed a player's name (usually adding an initial if there are duplicate players) then you'll have to re-name the photo to match the new name for it to show up.

Beyond that, you should be good.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:47 PM   #59
zach6844
Bat Boy

Love this! only problem i have, is that having all of the leagues makes the game painfully slow. (for me anyway). Wish there was a way to remove some of the leagues in it.
zach6844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:07 AM   #60
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach6844 View Post
Love this! only problem i have, is that having all of the leagues makes the game painfully slow. (for me anyway). Wish there was a way to remove some of the leagues in it.
Just follow Markus' instructions in the first post on how to install this as the standard rosters, and then you'll be able to pick your leagues