Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Suggestions and Feature Wish List > Earlier versions of OOTP: Text Suggestion Forum

Old 12-28-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Need more Cycle and 5hits Plus News Stories

Come on, you lazy bunch of talented writers.

Get busy writing.

Cycle and 5 Plus Hits News Stories happen with some regularity.

V2006 had about 6 items for Cycle and about 10 for 5 Plus Hits.

They need to be expanded for V2007 to about 30 for each category.

Please write some and post them in the Cycle thread and the 5Hits Plus thread.

Use quotes only 50% of the time.

Cycle

(no quote)

Steve Link roughed up New York pitching in a big way. The Boston center fielder hit for the cycle, rapping out a single, double, triple and home run, all in the same game. He finished up his historic day with 4 hits in 5 at bats.

(with quote)

Boston's Steve Link touched all the bases today, hitting for the cycle. He teed off on Yankees pitching for a single, double, triple and a home run.
"The hardest part was the triple," confessed Garvey, "A lot has to go right for you to get a triple. It is real easy to get greedy trying to stretch a double and get thrown out. It's really hard to get a three-bagger." He finished his special day with 4 hits in 5 at-bats.

5 Plus Hits

(no quote)

5 times is a charm...at least in the world of baseball. When a player gets 5 or more hits in a game, he is honored in the record book, and the latest honoree is Steve Link of the Boston Red Sox.
He tore up the New York Yankees to the tune of 5 hits in 5 at-bats in a game played today at Fenway Park.

(with quote)

You might say Steve Link wore out his welcome with the New York Yankees. The Boston center fielder gave them fits in today's game by hitting for the cycle. He ended up with 5 hits in 5 at-bats.
Talking to the SION reporters in the postgame interview, he said, "After the first three hits, I thought to myself, This could be the game I hit for the cycle. Record book, here I come! And I got lucky and did it."

Last edited by Eugene Church; 12-28-2006 at 02:14 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote