Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Suggestions and Feature Wish List > Earlier versions of OOTP: Text Suggestion Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

Game News: Perfect Game

Instructions:
Read the information below, and post suggestions for this specific text category!

Message_ID: 376
Used When: A pitcher throws a perfect game

What is available:
-player name
-the player's team
-the oposing team
-pitching stats are available, but stick to the basics please.

Example:
Things like these just happen once in a decade. Jim Clancy was totally untouchable today, displaying his great stuff against the New York Yankees. He did not allow a single hit, fanning 7, not allowing any walks, entering the record books with a PERFECT GAME. Congratulations, Mr. Clancy.
RBLwebguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:05 PM   #2
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

-Jones does it! A perfect game! The Yankees break their code of silence and are finally able to congratulate Jones on one of the rarest feats the game of baseball has to offer.
-Holy Cow! Jones has pitched a game for the ages! Perfection for 9 innings as the Yankees failed to get even a single runner on base.
-Well, we've just witnessed history here today with the perfect game thrown by Jones.
-Jones will never forget today's game after throwing a perfect game against the Yankees.
-The Yankees pile on Jones after the final out of his perfect game, one of the rarest and greatest pitching performances in baseball.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:48 PM   #3
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
-Jones does it! A perfect game! The Yankees break their code of silence and are finally able to congratulate Jones on one of the rarest feats the game of baseball has to offer.
-Holy Cow! Jones has pitched a game for the ages! Perfection for 9 innings as the Yankees failed to get even a single runner on base.
-Well, we've just witnessed history here today with the perfect game thrown by Jones.
-Jones will never forget today's game after throwing a perfect game against the Yankees.
-The Yankees pile on Jones after the final out of his perfect game, one of the rarest and greatest pitching performances in baseball.
This category is for a full length news story describing a no-hitter.

You wrote Headlines.

Here is an example:

Steve Link made quick work of the New York Yankees earlier today. The 25-year-old hurler tossed a no-hitter, fanning nine and walking only one. "I really didn't have my best stuff today," he admitted after the game, "there's a lot of luck involved in throwing a no-hitter. People don't believe that, but it's true." Luck, or not, Garvey will go down in history.

or

There was magic on the mound today. Steve Link of the Boston Red Sox no-hit the New York Yankees, holding them spellbound and hitless in a masterful display. After the game he said, "It was like I was in a dream. The ball just went where I wanted it to go." Link rang up nine strikeouts and issued no walks.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 12-06-2006 at 09:52 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:50 AM   #4
redsox45
Hall Of Famer

-- Curt Schilling of the Boston Red Sox made baseball history today by tossing a perfect game against the New York Yankees. Schilling collected ten strikeouts and breezed through nine innings of work. The Red Sox won 5-0.

-- For Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling, a student of the game, today was special. The 39-year old hurler joined baseball's most elite fraternity by tossing a perfect game against the New York Yankees. Schilling poured in ten strikeouts en route to a 3-0 victory.

-- It began like any other day at the ballpark, but Boston's Curt Schilling will be immortalized in baseball's Hall of Fame for pitching a perfect game against the New York Yankees. Through nine innings, Schilling was electric, handing out ten Ks to a shocked Yankees offense.

Will

1. Murder of Roger Ackroyd -- Agatha Christie
2. Birds of Prey -- Wilbur Smith
3. King Solomon's Mines - H. Rider Haggard
4. Comstock Lode -- Louis L'Amour
5. Andersonville -- McKinley Kantor
redsox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 02:43 PM   #5
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Ah, misunderstood.

Ok, here’s some news stories:

Baltimore starter Henry Jones brought his best as he hurled a perfect game against the New York Yankees. In doing so, Jones accomplished one of the most difficult feats in baseball, and one that will have his name in the record books for years to come. The Orioles managed 5 runs in support of Jones, who improved his record to 5-2 on the year. “I can tell you I’ve dreamed about a day like this,” Jones told the press after the game, “And now that I’ve done it the feeling is even better.”

The Yankees looked like little leaguers against the baffling performance put up by Baltimore starter Henry Jones as he threw a perfect game. One by one they came to the plate, and one by one Jones sat them down again. When it wasn’t one of his 7 strikeouts sending them back to the bench, the Oriole defense proved up to the task of keeping the Yankees off base.

A perfect game by Baltimore Oriole Henry Jones has cemented his place in the annals of baseball history as he beat the New York Yankees 3-0. Jones stymied the Yankee offense with a dazzling array of pitches en route to a place among baseball’s legends. He took care of 11 batters by way of the strikeout and relied on his defense for the rest, and when all was said and done the Yankees were left shaking their heads. After the game, Jones told the press that “It feels really good to be able to send the Yankees and the rest of the league a message that we’ll be heard from before this season is out.”

The Baltimore Orioles piled on top of starter Henry Jones as he recorded the final out of a perfect game against he New York Yankees. Jones kept the New York offense guessing all night, and with some help from a few spectacular plays behind him, etched his name into the record books. “His breaking pitches had more movement tonight than I’ve ever seen from Henry,” catcher Fred Storey remarked. “It’s an honor to have caught him tonight when he was at his best.” Jones’ performance lowered his ERA to 3.25 on the season as he improved his record to 5-2.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:38 PM   #6
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Some good ones here, too.

Thanks to both of you.

Keep 'em coming.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:44 PM   #7
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

What a difference a day makes. Chicago pitcher Carlos Zambrano spent all day yesterday sick in bed. (Fortunately, he only had a mild bout of the flu.) Today, he pitched the game of his life, hurling a perfect game against the Mets. "The way I felt yesterday," Zambrano said, "I wasn't sure I'd be out here today." Instead, he led the Cubs to a 1-0 win. It was the Mets who went home feeling not so good.

The fans who came to see the Cubs-Mets matchup probably expected a good game. Few, if any, thought they'd witness a rare feat. That's what happened, though. Chicago pitcher Carlos Zambrano tossed a perfect game, leading his team to a 1-0 win over New York. "Nobody goes out thinking they'll throw a perfect game," said Zambrano. "I still can't believe it."

Somebody pinch Carlos Zambrano. "I must be dreaming," Zambrano said, after pitching a perfect game yesterday. His sterling performance carried the Cubs to a 1-0 win over the Mets. After the game, Zambrano stood, looking a bit dazed, in the Cubs locker room. "Is this real?" he said to no one in particular. "Is this really real?"
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:46 PM   #8
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Very good work guys.

Keep 'em coming until Release Date.