Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 08-18-2008, 03:18 PM   #61
clamel
All Star Starter

The size of this DB is enorm.
It was going fine for master only MLB, but getting those extra minors in recked everything.
Bigtime Runtime error, even after ccleaner, defrag fast PC big disk....

Guess one have to delete a lot of Negro league players one way or the other.
Any tip ???

Last edited by clamel; 08-18-2008 at 03:28 PM.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:33 PM   #62
SittingDuck
All Star Starter

well, now here's a question first.

did you put the db in it's own directory or did you overwrite the stuff in the stats folder?
SittingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:02 AM   #63
clamel
All Star Starter

All on itīs own as always. I never mix these files.
The real-stats works fine but itīs only with neut stats I get runtime.

I deleted all stats from pre-1900 and then it works fine as far as I can see.
Guess itīs the massive load of stats that brakes the PC.

Last edited by clamel; 08-19-2008 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:11 AM   #64
clamel
All Star Starter

Something is a bit strange with the 2 different MASTER.csv files.

Lets take a shot at this. We use Hiraku Irabu from Japan as an example

In one you could easy see that he has a "starting" year of 1988, and the other is in 1997.
Then we look at batting.csv batting2.csv pitching.csv and pitching2.csv
He has "lines" in the real stat files from the year 1997 and in the neutralize stats files he has lines from 1988.

Then we asume we use neutralized stats for the dynasty of course.
We pick the year of 1990 as a start of our dynasty.

Now the problem starts....
Irabu will import in 1990 whatever master-file you use.
This will create big problem if you use the master-file there Irabu is starting in 1997 (the real year he came to US)
Since he has "lines" in the batting and pitching csv-files from the year 1988 he will ALWAYS import in 1988 whatever master-file you use.

THEN coming to the year of 1997 he will import AGAIN as a new player.
So summarixe will see Irabu in 1990 in both cases, but using the masterfile with 1997 as a start year we get Irabu numder TWO in 1997 in a Yankee uniform. Where the first Irabu plays we of course doesnīt know.

This was a fact I saw in old DB when the starting year in the masterfile isnīt the same as the first "line" in the batting.csv file. If you got different years you will get TWO players with the name Irabu.

This is a reflection of what I have experienced in many tries.
Of course the fact that I have done something wrong is almost close at hand, but I understood that it was just to pick one of the master-files depending on what you liked, have it named master.csv and then start.

I think the starting year in the master file MUST be the same as the "first" year line in the batting.csv and other csv-files or you will get doubles when doing import.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:46 AM   #65
clamel
All Star Starter

Other stuff that need to be asked.

I see a ton of japan players in batting.csv and batting2,csv that has no names in any of the master.csv files.
Of course they never pop into the game, for better or worse.
Some of these japs are in the old Gambo masterfile from GamboDB30 w 1977 Ready.zip file

The other way around for minor leaguers like Shawn Sonnier. He is in the both master.csv files with no starting year in any, so also NO stats in any stat-files so he stays out of the game.

I can find many missmatches that troubles me.
Any answers from anybody

By the way scratching Irabu in the batting.csv file until he actually appeared in 1997 did work. He doesnīt come into the league until 1997 and no doubles.
Stopping any japs from getting into the MLB earlier can be stopped with deleting only the lines in the batting.csv file.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:41 PM   #66
SittingDuck
All Star Starter

I can't even get the game to load up the Gambo master.csv file anymore. It just gets stuck on 'Loading Database'.

For me, this is a non-working mod.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:53 PM   #67
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post

I see a ton of japan players in batting.csv and batting2,csv that has no names in any of the master.csv files.
Some of these japs are in the old Gambo masterfile from GamboDB30 w 1977 Ready.zip file

The other way around for minor leaguers like Shawn Sonnier. He is in the both master.csv files with no starting year in any, so also NO stats in any stat-files so he stays out of the game.

Any answers from anybody

By the way scratching Irabu in the batting.csv file until he actually appeared in 1997 did work. He doesnīt come into the league until 1997 and no doubles.
Stopping any japs from getting into the MLB earlier can be stopped with deleting only the lines in the batting.csv file.
Your 1st question about Hiraku Irabu is simple. The master file is for Hideki Irabu not Hiraku so the stat lines your looking at do not matter. irabuhi01 (hideki) and irabuhi95? (hiraku)

Also, there are numerous players who are have stat lines that are not included in the database. Most are Japanese players who are not included (in fact, no japanese players who didn't play in the US are included). I may include some of these players later but as of right now they are not included in either the master file so they will not import. They can simply be ignored. Now if you want to add Saduhara Oh (for example) all you need to do is create a master file entry for him).

Other players such as Sonnier are in the Master file but since there is no starting year they will not import. These are typically players who are from outside of Japan but never reached the majors. Once again, the ability to add these guys exists but as of right now they will not be creared.

I assure you that the database is structured properly for its design. Some pf the extra stuff could have been trimmed out but wasn't to promote some expansion and because it has no affect on the information.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:39 PM   #68
Greatgrampa
Major Leagues

Quote:

Any answers from anybody

I am not trying to be a PITA but do you think you could call Japanese players, Japanese rather than Jap. That is a derogatory term and really shouldn't be used here. Perhaps you don't realize that and so I am not going to say you are using that term intentionally, but in the future, could you call them Japanese instead of the term you are using? And no, I am not Japanese, but I spent a couple of years in Japan and I found these people to be very nice and not deserving of that term.
Anyway, sorry to get off subject here but just thought I would point this out to everyone here on the board. Not telling anyone what to do. This is just a suggestion. Thanks!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:34 PM   #69
clamel
All Star Starter

So sorry for the japanese. Itīs called japaner in my language, since Iīm not english speaking as first language.

I always thought that the forbidden word I mentioned was an accepted short word for something longer, but calling them japaner will probably now be even more confusing for them. Hopefully not

As we say in my country. A dear thing has many names ....
Old 09-06-2008, 02:24 AM   #70
dangarion
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatgrampa View Post
I am not trying to be a PITA but do you think you could call Japanese players, Japanese rather than Jap. That is a derogatory term and really shouldn't be used here. Perhaps you don't realize that and so I am not going to say you are using that term intentionally, but in the future, could you call them Japanese instead of the term you are using? And no, I am not Japanese, but I spent a couple of years in Japan and I found these people to be very nice and not deserving of that term.
Anyway, sorry to get off subject here but just thought I would point this out to everyone here on the board. Not telling anyone what to do. This is just a suggestion. Thanks!
Of course with the internet being global what may be a derogatory term in the US is not always a derogatory term anywhere else. Heck I don't even know if that term is derogatory in Japan. Anyway as you were...
dangarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:26 AM   #71
Greatgrampa
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
Of course with the internet being global what may be a derogatory term in the US is not always a derogatory term anywhere else. Heck I don't even know if that term is derogatory in Japan. Anyway as you were...
Well, I can't tell other people what to do here, obviously, I just thought I would point out that in English, that is a derogatory term. Now, if you are a foreigner, and the word for the Japanese is Japaner, I don't think that would be derogatory at all. I am sure the Japanese have heard their name in most languages of the world, so I would assume that this wouldn't be derogatory. Hey, anyone can use whatever term they want for any nationality, all I am doing is suggesting that in English that using that term IS derogatory. Trust me on that one.

Anyway, I guess I should keep out of it. Not trying to tick anyone off here. All I know is that I wouldn't want to be called a Frog just because I am part French, or a Limey, just because I am part English. Enough said. My apologies if I sounded condescending. I wasn't trying to be!
Old 09-06-2008, 11:56 AM   #72
clamel
All Star Starter

Well calling swedes for that might then be wrong. Those folks should then be called swedish. Heck I donīt know for sure. Iīm a swede, swedish or swedish. Whatever. One of them or two might then be derogatory term in english .. Iīm truly confusius or whatever

I rest my case if I ever had one. I just obviously made a bad call, but as refs (oops referees that is) in most cases get away with it. No replay.
Let this drop. Iīm sorry so lets not stir up a hornets nest and get back to the DB from Gambo.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:32 AM   #73
Greatgrampa
Major Leagues

Quote:
Well calling swedes for that might then be wrong. Those folks should then be called swedish. Heck I donīt know for sure. Iīm a swede, swedish or swedish. Whatever. One of them or two might then be derogatory term in english .. Iīm truly confusius or whatever

I rest my case if I ever had one. I just obviously made a bad call, but as refs (oops referees that is) in most cases get away with it. No replay.
Let this drop. Iīm sorry so lets not stir up a hornets nest and get back to the DB from Gambo.
My apologies for bringing the subject up. Yes, let's get back to the main topic! I agree with that.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #74
Balldog
Minors (Double A)

I had David Justice import as a 2B?
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #75
SteveP

I am one of those people who have not been able to get this database to install in the game. Is there anyone who had this problem, figured out why, and then got it to work for them? I've tried various strategies, but nothing has worked.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:12 AM   #76
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
I had David Justice import as a 2B?
Doubt that had to do with the database since I just checked the fielding lines for him and there are no "blank" years or "2B" years.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
Old 09-11-2008, 01:46 PM   #77
SittingDuck
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
I am one of those people who have not been able to get this database to install in the game. Is there anyone who had this problem, figured out why, and then got it to work for them? I've tried various strategies, but nothing has worked.
What has been your situation? Where do you get with installation or whatever?
Old 09-11-2008, 08:42 PM   #78
SteveP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SittingDuck View Post
What has been your situation? Where do you get with installation or whatever?
No further than the first step of Game creation. The computer just grinds away trying to load the database. Eventually I have to abort OOTP. I'm on a Mac, BTW, though I'm not sure that would matter.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:18 AM   #79
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Sometimes it takes a while. I have no idea why. I think the world creation using recalculated numbers (essentially two databases) is time consuming and why Markus went with the .odb database system. (And mine is much larger) All I can recommend it letting it run. It will start importing eventually,

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 09-12-2008, 12:36 PM   #80
SteveP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
Sometimes it takes a while. I have no idea why. I think the world creation using recalculated numbers (essentially two databases) is time consuming and why Markus went with the .odb database system. (And mine is much larger) All I can recommend it letting it run. It will start importing eventually,
Could you or anyone suggest parameters for "eventually"? I've let it run for more than an hour and never gotten further than about 3% loaded. I'd be willing to let it run all night, if other people said that's what they found is necessary. Otherwise, at some point I have to assume the loading process is stalled out.