Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Suggestions and Feature Wish List > Earlier versions of OOTP: Text Suggestion Forum

Old 12-05-2006, 09:53 PM   #1
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

Game News: No Hitter

Instructions:
Read the information below, and post suggestions for this specific text category!

Message_ID: 374
Used When: A pitcher throws a no hitter

What is available:
-player name
-the player's team
-the oposing team
-pitching stats are available, but stick to the basics please.

Example:
There was magic on the mound today. Jeff Weaver of the Tigers no-hit the A's, holding them spellbound and hitless in a masterful display. After the game, he said, "it was like I was in a dream...the ball just went where I wanted it to go". For the game Weaver rang up seven strikeouts and issued three walks.
RBLwebguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:28 PM   #2
thehatfield
All Star Starter

quick question: would including the number of the no-hitter either in the league's history (the 90th no-hitter in baseball history) or for that particular season (2nd no-hitter of 2007) be out of bounds?

SBC - Western Suburbs Magpies

no pressure no problem

thehatfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:12 PM   #3
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

I don't think we have the option available, but something we can ask for.
RBLwebguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:11 AM   #4
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Is it better to be good -- or lucky? "I don't know," said Milwaukee's Carlos Villanueva with a grin. "To do what I did tonight," he said, "I guess it takes both." He was referring to his no-hit performance, a 3-0 win over San Francisco. Villanueva made good pitches all night. When the Giants hit the ball hard, they hit it right at someone for an out. With the win, Villanueva upped his season record to 3-4.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:34 AM   #5
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Excellent, pstrickert...excellent.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:36 AM   #6
redsox45
Hall Of Famer

-- Curt Schilling had it going last night as the 39 year old Red Sox hurler tossed a no hitter against the New York Yankees. Schilling was masterful, fanning 10 batters and scattering 3 walks across nine innings. The Red Sox won 3-0.

-- Curt Schilling lifted the Boston Red Sox past the New York Yankees by dealing a no hitter last evening. The 39-year old ace struck out 10, sprinkling 3 walks across nine innings of work. Schilling improved his mark to 1-0 on the year, in the Red Sox 4-0 victory.

-- Red Sox Nation is abuzz this morning in the wake of Curt Schilling's masterful no hitter against the New York Yankees last night. Schilling, 39, tossed a complete game, struck out 9 Yankee batters, and walked 3. He improves to a 3-0 mark on the year, as the Red Sox won 4-0.

Will

1. Murder of Roger Ackroyd -- Agatha Christie
2. Birds of Prey -- Wilbur Smith
3. King Solomon's Mines - H. Rider Haggard
4. Comstock Lode -- Louis L'Amour
5. Andersonville -- McKinley Kantor
redsox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:28 PM   #7
tysok
Hall Of Famer

This is a category quite lacking in objects. As an example, a no hitter is far more likely than a perfect game but there's 16 general messages for a perfect game and only 9 for a no hitter, keep up the suggestions.
One note, I can't mention the score at all, the information doesn't seem to be provided.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour... is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. (Vince Lombardi)

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. (George S. Patton)
tysok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:00 AM   #8
redsox45
Hall Of Famer

-- Curt Schilling kept the Yankees at bay last night, picking up a no hitter in the process. The 39 year old chalked up 10 strikeouts against 3 walks to move to a 10-0 record on the year. Schilling and the Red Sox won the matchup 3-0.

-- Boston's Curt Schilling baffled the New York Yankees offense last night. Not one batter managed a hit against the 39-year old. Schilling effectively mixed his pitches with pinpoint accuracy to chalk up 10 strikeouts and against 3 BB. The Red Sox won 5-0.

-- The New York Yankees did not have an answer for Curt Schilling and the Boston Red Sox yesterday. Schilling, considered by many to be the Red Sox ace, didn't give up a single hit! He fanned 10 and walked three. Schilling moved to 5-1 on the year with the Red Sox victory.

Will

Old 12-10-2006, 03:44 PM   #9
jdew
All Star Starter

I think one of the things that makes baseball writing interesting are the things players and managers say... or don't say. So with that in mind....

Excitement reigns at the ballyard today as TEAMNAME hurler PITCHERNAME tosses a baseball rarity... a no-hitter. Congratulated by the team on the field and by the fans in the stands after the last out, PITCHERNAME was swamped by reporters in the clubhouse for post-game comments, where he remarked "I'm just glad to be here. I want to help the club any way I can. Today I just went right at the OPPONENT as hard as I could as long as I could." When asked for a comment on how this might bolster the club's race for the pennant, TEAMNAME manager said "We're going to take the season one game at a time, guys."

TEAMNAME PITCHERNAME enters an elite group today by tossing a no-hitter against OPPONENT.... superb performance, walking X and fanning Y. In the clubhouse, PITCHERNAME remarked "I was getting my offspeed stuff over so they couldn't sit on the fastball. Lets not forget I had some great plays made behind me today. All I can say is that I'm just glad to be here and I want to help the team any way I can." When asked if this might be a turning point for the club, spurring a dash for the pennant, TEAMNAME manager said "Baseball's a funny game, but if we stay healthy we should be right there." Time will tell, but TEAMNAME fans are saying its a sign the boys of summer are for real this summer.

(Don Carmen's Reporter Responses)

PITCHERNAME demonstrated complete mastery of OPPONENT with a no-hitter, striking out X and walking Y. Though PITCHERNAME has a well-known rocky record with the fans and press, he felt such a occasion deserves comment. Stating simply "Anybody who's ever had the privilege of seeing me play knows I'm the greatest pitcher in the world." For those present who wondered how such a comment might effect the fans support, TEAMNAME manager said "Listen, if you start worrying about the people in the stands, before too long you're up in the stands with them. PITCHERNAME tossed a masterpiece today and it ain't braggin' if you can back it up. Today he certainly did just that." TEAMNAME's catcher commented "His fastball looked about the size of a watermelon seed and it hissed at you as it passed."

(Dizzy Dean, Tommy LaSorda, Ty Cobb)
jdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:42 PM   #10
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Sent to Text Team for Evaluation.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:53 PM   #11
redsox45
Hall Of Famer

-- Josh Beckett (Red Sox) relied on spot on accuracy and a deadly ensemble of pitches to no-hit the New York Yankees yesterday. The 26-year old threw with confidence, striking out ten and scattering 3 walks over nine innings.

-- Boston's Josh Beckett came up big yesterday against the New York Yankees. Not only did he mix his pitches efficiently, but Beckett held New York hitless.

"My arm was a bit sore in warm up," confessed Beckett, "sometimes you go out there and you're not feeling all that hot. You get into the game and all of a sudden you look up and say, 'Oh, I have a no-hitter!'. You're so focused on what you're doing, it just happens."

-- The Boston Red Sox relied on no-hit stuff from Josh Beckett as they beat the Yankees 4-0. Beckett pitched a complete game, surrendering three walks and fanning ten batters on his way to victory.

"It's quite a thrill," a candid Beckett told the media afterward, "The Yankees are an MLB club, and everyone up here is good enough to be here. Getting hit is a part of baseball. A no hitter is something special."

Will

Old 12-11-2006, 02:25 PM   #12
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The above items have been forwarded to the Text Team for Evaluation.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:49 PM   #13
WarningTrack
Minors (Single A)

No Hits! Saberhagen Spins A Gem

The Royals Bret Saberhagen stymied Yankee hitters tonight, throwing a no hitter and leading the Royals to an 11-0 victory.

Saberhagen was superb, striking out eight while walking only two.

"I knew I had a no-no going in about the sixth inning, when I noticed no one was talking to me anymore," Saberhagen said, referring to the time honored superstition of teammates avoiding the pitcher, so they won't jinx the no-hitter.
WarningTrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:55 AM   #14
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Problem I see is where there is one walk or 1 strikeout.

Like the above example, but he only had 1 strikeout and 1 walk:

Curt Schilling kept the Yankees at bay last night, picking up a no hitter in the process. The 39 year old chalked up 1 strikeouts against 1 walks to move to a 10-0 record on the year. Schilling and the Red Sox won the matchup 3-0.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:40 AM   #15
redsox45
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedian2004 View Post
Problem I see is where there is one walk or 1 strikeout.

Like the above example, but he only had 1 strikeout and 1 walk:

Curt Schilling kept the Yankees at bay last night, picking up a no hitter in the process. The 39 year old chalked up 1 strikeouts against 1 walks to move to a 10-0 record on the year. Schilling and the Red Sox won the matchup 3-0.
It's been a while since we had this discussion on the 06 text team, but I think Markus has coded it so that as long as "strikeouts" is part of the token, the game knows the difference.

Will

Old 12-12-2006, 04:47 PM   #16
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox45 View Post
It's been a while since we had this discussion on the 06 text team, but I think Markus has coded it so that as long as "strikeouts" is part of the token, the game knows the difference.

Will
Will is right. If the Text Team uses the right token, you will not see "1 walks".
Old 12-15-2006, 03:44 PM   #17
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

All of the above sent to Text Team for evaluation.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:42 AM   #18
redsox45
Hall Of Famer

-- Red Sox players mobbed Daisuke Matsusaka after the final out was recorded in his no-hit victory over Texas last night. Matsusaka was electric, scattering 1 walk over 9 innings, while striking out 14.

"Everything was working tonight. I got away with a few, but managed to keep the Rangers off balance."

-- Red Sox ace Curt Schilling pointed to the sky as teammates mobbed him after a no hit victory against the New York Yankees. Schilling fanned 10 and walked 3, in the Red Sox 2-0 victory.

Will

Old 12-28-2006, 02:37 PM   #19
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Sent the above to Text Team for evaluation.