Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-04-2019, 11:12 AM   #1
jcmurr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks to OOTP - French Baseball

Hi guys,

Just wanted to give a shoutout to the devs for including French baseball in the game now. I currently play for Stade Toulousain and the French nat'l team and a lot of the guys I play with are thrilled about bringing not only French, but European baseball leagues into the game. It's really cool.

I'm a longtime fan and player of OOTP games, and have even managed to get 3 guys to purchase the game. There are some issues with the rosters (ex: I play for PUC in the game even though I broke my contract with the club last April), but that's not the biggest deal if you customize leagues anyways.

If anything is ever updated, you can use the official rosters and stats found here on the official website. Or, if you need more in-depth help you can always reach out to me. I'd be more than happy to help.

Anyways, thanks again for bringing us to OOTP!

If anyone has any questions about French baseball, or European baseball in general, don't hesitate
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by jcmurr; 04-04-2019 at 11:17 AM.
jcmurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 05:17 PM   #2
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Looks like OOTP has made a similar impression with players in the Czech league.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 05:29 PM   #3
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmurr View Post
Hi guys,

Just wanted to give a shoutout to the devs for including French baseball in the game now. I currently play for Stade Toulousain and the French nat'l team and a lot of the guys I play with are thrilled about bringing not only French, but European baseball leagues into the game. It's really cool.

I'm a longtime fan and player of OOTP games, and have even managed to get 3 guys to purchase the game. There are some issues with the rosters (ex: I play for PUC in the game even though I broke my contract with the club last April), but that's not the biggest deal if you customize leagues anyways.

If anything is ever updated, you can use the official rosters and stats found here on the official website. Or, if you need more in-depth help you can always reach out to me. I'd be more than happy to help.

Anyways, thanks again for bringing us to OOTP!

If anyone has any questions about French baseball, or European baseball in general, don't hesitate
In the most recent update, the rosters for the new leagues had yet to be updated. As you may know, FD1 is slacking on posting the rosters and team sites lack full roster info at times. I rely on the stats link as you provided mostly, which I waited until the first weekend of play to begin updating. Unfortunately (well, fortunate for me because I had the time to update them the last couple of nights), FFBS didn't post stats until after this weekend, once all 12 teams had played. The next patch/update should have updated rosters for all four new leagues.

Feel free to shoot me a PM and let me know anything I may be missing. I will also have a few questions (also to make sure you moved from PUC to the Toulouse, which I think I moved two players from there).
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:51 PM   #4
84Hammy
All Star Reserve

So awesome! When I was in the Netherlands a couple years ago we saw a baseball diamond and I got so excited!! I am going to Portugal this summer and would like to actually hunt a field out.
84Hammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:18 PM   #5
TomVeal
All Star Starter

Perhaps someday, when baseball has replaced metric football as Europe's favorite sport, historians will give OOTP a share of the credit.
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 01:41 AM   #6
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
What's your name? I will buy you out from France and put you in my Rookie system come on down to the MilB.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 04:09 AM   #7
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

So I woke up and figured I should look at the Tigers and see who I moved over the other day.

If there are guys on PUC or Toulouse that are no longer there (excluding guys who might be playing for reserve teams in the 2nd or 3rd division) feel free to give me a shout.

I should've known who it was by the username. The new build came out on the 2nd. I made all of the updates on the 3rd. The next update should have you on Toulouse.

Also... good work in your first two outings on the hill so far.

Last edited by nutt; 04-05-2019 at 04:15 AM.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:10 AM   #8
Tyke
All Star Starter

How much of the structure of the FFBS is included in OOTPXX? Just D1, or D2 also?
Tyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:22 AM   #9
jcmurr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just D1
Old 04-10-2019, 09:58 AM   #10
Tyke
All Star Starter

Thanks, jcmurr, just deciding whether to try and set something up now or to wait until I get OOTPXX next month.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:11 PM   #11
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Merci pour votre support!
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:15 PM   #12
Tyke
All Star Starter

jcmurr, you may be able to help me! As well as being an OOTP fan, I used to teach French before I retired. As a result of your initial post, I started looking at the FFBS site, with a view to setting up a dynasty in OOTP19, and I came across the name of Dunkerque Korvers, who play in D2. Their logo seems to be a sea-bird of some kind, but I can't find "korver" or "korvers" in any of my dictionaries [and it doesn't look like a French word to me]. Have you any idea what it means?
Old 04-11-2019, 04:48 PM   #13
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Hammy View Post
So awesome! When I was in the Netherlands a couple years ago we saw a baseball diamond and I got so excited!! I am going to Portugal this summer and would like to actually hunt a field out.
There aren't many, at least not ones that are full-time baseball fields.

But there's at least one!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/39...8.215494?hl=en
Old 04-11-2019, 06:29 PM   #14
jcmurr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyke View Post
jcmurr, you may be able to help me! As well as being an OOTP fan, I used to teach French before I retired. As a result of your initial post, I started looking at the FFBS site, with a view to setting up a dynasty in OOTP19, and I came across the name of Dunkerque Korvers, who play in D2. Their logo seems to be a sea-bird of some kind, but I can't find "korver" or "korvers" in any of my dictionaries [and it doesn't look like a French word to me]. Have you any idea what it means?
It’s not a French word, I’m 100% certain. Dunkerque is near Flanders though so it may be slang for a Flemish or Dutch word.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:55 PM   #15
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmurr View Post
It’s not a French word, I’m 100% certain. Dunkerque is near Flanders though so it may be slang for a Flemish or Dutch word.
Korver is, at least, certainly a Dutch surname.
There is a company in 's Hertogenbosch called Korver Holland. (Installation materials for heating, gas, plumbing, and PVC parts.)

Perhaps the founders of the team are big fans of Dutch-American basketball player Kyle Korver and the bird is a loose reference to the logo of his former team, the Atlanta Hawks?
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:05 PM   #16
Yarideki
Minors (Double A)

Judging by the city's location and a brief wikipedia dictionary search on the french word corvette, I'm assuming that it's related to sailing possibly a regional term for a sailor.
Yarideki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:15 PM   #17
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

does one team immediately surrender?
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:31 PM   #18
jokerhusky1129
Major Leagues

It's crazy how OOTP can touch so many people. Once, a co-workers nephew was playing on a team and he was in OOTP. She was shocked!
jokerhusky1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:20 AM   #19
Tyke
All Star Starter

Thanks for the responses, guys - I'm leaning towards the Kyle Korver explanation at the moment! I may try and contact the club to get the official line, in which case I'll report back.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:02 AM   #20
jcmurr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyke View Post
Thanks for the responses, guys - I'm leaning towards the Kyle Korver explanation at the moment! I may try and contact the club to get the official line, in which case I'll report back.
I’ll ask around. I volunteer at the sports academy where the junior nat’l trains year-round. I think one of the younger guys grew up with the Dunkerque club before coming to Toulouse for studies.

I’m interested now too