Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #61
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
If that doesn't seem to work try an export and reimport of the players.csv. Maybe something in his data is corrupted and you can fix it before reimporting.
Thanks I will give that a try!
Old 06-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #62
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

tower or laptop?
Old 06-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #63
orwell
Major Leagues

The lack of empathy here - which might actually rise to the level of schadenfreude - is astounding. I hope none of you are in customer relations or PR.

Yes, there is a shared responsibility on these issues. But basically, the gist of the message here was "If you're on the ledge saying you want to take the plunge, we not only don't care, we'll quite likely give you a nice shove."
Old 06-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #64
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell View Post
The lack of empathy here - which might actually rise to the level of schadenfreude - is astounding. I hope none of you are in customer relations or PR.

Yes, there is a shared responsibility on these issues. But basically, the gist of the message here was "If you're on the ledge saying you want to take the plunge, we not only don't care, we'll quite likely give you a nice shove."
Wrong on every level. The OP came in with attitude, blamed the game instead of the most likely cause, and then got insulting. He proved himself to be undeserving of sympathy or assistance.

Like many others here, I help out in the newbie forum, encourage people to buy the game, and try to help other users with their issues. But there's a line, and this guy stepped over it.

I hope he enjoys Baseball Mogul. He and BM clearly deserve each other.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #65
orwell
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Wrong on every level. The OP came in with attitude, blamed the game instead of the most likely cause, and then got insulting. He proved himself to be undeserving of sympathy or assistance.

Like many others here, I help out in the newbie forum, encourage people to buy the game, and try to help other users with their issues. But there's a line, and this guy stepped over it.

I hope he enjoys Baseball Mogul. He and BM clearly deserve each other.
Thanks *so* much for proving my point - with the exception that I should have added "sales" to the professions I sincerely hope you don't afflict. Yes, he may have had a flawed approach, but I'm sure OOTP appreciates exhortations for him to leap into the arms of a competitor (i.e. "He and BM clearly deserve each other."

Oh, and if you want to pat yourself on the back, I will too - I also help "newbies" - but not by telling them to shove it.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #66
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

You have totally misread this thread.

Go back to the beginning and read it again.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #67
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

My God, is this thread still being used? The starter of this thread hasn't posted in it in almost 30 hours, why the hell are you guys continuing this senseless banter?

It's over let it go!
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 06-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #68
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

We like to argue.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:02 PM   #69
CatKnight
All Star Starter

Senseless banter is good for the soul.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #70
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Wolf is right, orwell. See my post #43 here.

- Bru

Old 06-28-2013, 09:08 PM   #71
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh, and if you want to pat yourself on the back, I will too - I also help "newbies" - but not by telling them to shove it.
So you see Wolf tell one person to shove it, and assume he tells it to everyone?

It's fine if you don't agree with how he handled this guy, but you're using one thread to judge his character. Way to go.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:10 PM   #72
orwell
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
So you see Wolf tell one person to shove it, and assume he tells it to everyone?

It's fine if you don't agree with how he handled this guy, but you're using one thread to judge his character. Way to go.
It's not my first rodeo with him, and I don't react well to being told I'm "wrong on every level." Way to go yourself.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #73
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's not my first rodeo with him, and I don't react well to being told I'm "wrong on every level." Way to go yourself.
Sorry, but the fact is that you ARE wrong on every level.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:16 PM   #74
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Okay, okay, before we dissolve into civil war let's let it all go. Enough has been said. In fact, probably all that's needed said has been said from all sides. I'm not a moderator, but I'm still asking that we close the discussion in the interest of all concerned. Opinion abounds, and it's unlikely any will be swayed with further exchanges, so let's move on.

Last edited by endgame; 06-28-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #75
orwell
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Wolf is right, orwell. See my post #43 here.
He might be a compute-illiterate idiot and/or a troll, but there are better ways of defending OOTP than dismissing someone to another product. Plus, like someone just said, we like to argue.

I also confess I haven't read every post in this thread (although I did read your #43). What I did read seemed like quite the gang beating, which grows tiresome.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #76
orwell
Major Leagues

Quote:
Sorry, but the fact is that you ARE wrong on every level.
That's amusing, because the statement that elicited that self-aggrandizing, ad hominem absurdity from you read in part "I hope none of you are in customer relations or PR." So, if I'm "wrong on every level" that must mean I was wrong about what I hoped. So either I am lying to myself and you can read my mind or - what a shock - you are wrong yourself.

Maybe what you mean to say is anyone who doesn't conform with your orthodoxy is wrong on every level.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #77
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's amusing, because the statement that elicited that self-aggrandizing, ad hominem absurdity from you read in part "I hope none of you are in customer relations or PR." So, if I'm "wrong on every level" that must mean I was wrong about what I hoped. So either I am lying to myself and you can read my mind or - what a shock - you are wrong yourself.

Maybe what you mean to say is anyone who doesn't conform with your orthodoxy is wrong on every level.
LOL. You didn't even read the thread, and you just came in late to try to start a fight. The noise you can't hear is me laughing at you.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #78
orwell
Major Leagues

Quote:
LOL. You didn't even read the thread, and you just came in late to try to start a fight. The noise you can't hear is me laughing at you.
Did I read all 77 posts? No, but clearly I'm not as literate as the wolf. Maybe someday, though. I will keep trying.

Did I read enough to see responses to a customer complaint suggesting that the OP get lost/purchase a competing game, to which I suggested that is a suboptimal stance from a marketing/sales/PR perspective? You betcha.

Maybe the OP went off the deep end at some point during the thread (you know, to the point of being "wrong on every level."). But on the very first page, he is being ridiculed for not saving his game with appropriate frequency - I did read that part. i.e. "the customer is always wrong." I wish I could work somewhere like that. That would be fun.

Oh - and laughter is a common symptom when irrationality is confronted with logic. But don't worry, it passes.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:56 PM   #79
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Orwell, you really, really want to start a huge flamewar, don't you?

Keep on trying to provoke me, by all means. I'm really enjoying the show.

Hint: you could try more insults. Or, alternatively, you could just read the whole thread for the first time and see how totally wrong you are about everything.

In the meantime I will just keep on laughing at you.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:57 PM   #80
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Did I read all 77 posts? No, but clearly I'm not as literate as the wolf. Maybe someday, though. I will keep trying.

Did I read enough to see responses to a customer complaint suggesting that the OP get lost/purchase a competing game, to which I suggested that is a suboptimal stance from a marketing/sales/PR perspective? You betcha.

Maybe the OP went off the deep end at some point during the thread (you know, to the point of being "wrong on every level."). But on the very first page, he is being ridiculed for not saving his game with appropriate frequency - I did read that part. i.e. "the customer is always wrong." I wish I could work somewhere like that. That would be fun.

Oh - and laughter is a common symptom when irrationality is confronted with logic. But don't worry, it passes.
Orwell, please go back and re-read the OP. The OP himself said he was done with OOTP and was switching over to BM. That means he was voluntarily jumping over the cliff. No shove needed here.

And please let it go as is. Even me - a member of Tech Support - does not have any sympathy for him. If he would have done this same thing over in support, he very likely would be ignored in an unbecoming manner. If the OP would have refrained from name calling I may have some sympathy. But again he chose to step over the line.

May peace be with all.

Last edited by Bowtie; 06-29-2013 at 05:04 AM.
Closed Thread