Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-20-2017, 03:12 PM   #1
herm1978
Minors (Single A)

Limited no trade clause?

I assume that is not in the game (the player can choose x number of teams that he allows a trade to).
herm1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:19 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Not yet. I'd like to get it in, but it's going to require a little more work than a typical contract condition addition - working out the AI for the player to choose the teams, figuring out how to show that information to the user, altering the trade evaluation mechanics to allow the NTC to operate on a team-by-team basis, etc.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 02:09 PM   #3
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

the NMC and NTC didn't work in FHM3 and still don't work in FHM4 either.
i start with the Penguins and the first thing i do is trade kessel away and he has a NTC...
into my 2nd year i trade Malkin and he has a NMC...

any players I offer either the NMC or NTC I can trade away the next day after he signs the contract....

starting a new game so did this trade to demonstrate...
Attached Images
Image Image 
tk43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 02:15 PM   #4
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

here is an example for a player with a NTC being traded by me. gave him the clause when signed him as a free agent
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 10-23-2017, 02:32 PM   #5
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

Don't want to start a new thread so just bumping...

will the NMC and NTC actually be enforced?

thanks guys
Old 10-23-2017, 05:25 PM   #6
Tangerino
Minors (Double A)

Im pretty sure NMC is just movement within the teams orginization if I'm not mistaken.. It has nothing to do with trades.. but I may be wrong. But regarding the NTC that is weird.. I havent been paying attention but I will about this.. Sometimes if a player is upset aswell I'd imagine they would waive their NTC..
Tangerino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:12 PM   #7
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

I can trade any player, they can't be all unhappy

What is a No-Move Clause (NMC)?
A No-Move Clause (NMC) can be added to a player's contract in the years after they are eligible for Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agency (7 Accrued seasons or 27 years of age), and has the following properties:
Player cannot be traded without his consent (however, the clause can specify a modified no-trade clause that limits the NTC to a certain number of teams)
Player cannot be placed on waivers without his consent
Player cannot be assigned to the minors without his consent
Player is not exempt from a buyout or contract termination
The clause can travel with the player even if he consents to being traded or is claimed on waivers
This requires that the acquiring team sign an addendum to the contract ensuring that the clause does in fact travel with the player (written by the player's agent)
If the acquiring team refuses to sign the addendum, and the player waives his clause anyway, at that point the clause may be nullified
If the player is traded before the clause takes effect, the acquiring team can opt to void the clause
What is a No-Trade Clause (NTC)?
A No-Trade Clause (NTC) can be added to a player's contract in the years after they are eligible for Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agency (7 Accrued seasons or 27 years of age), and has the following properties:
Player cannot be traded without his consent
Consent is not required to be placed on waivers
Consent is not required for assignment to the minors
Player is not exempt from a buyout or contract termination
The clause can travel with the player even if he consents to being traded or is claimed on waivers
This requires that the acquiring team sign an addendum to the contract ensuring that the clause does in fact travel with the player (written by the player's agent)
If the acquiring team refuses to sign the addendum, and the player waives his clause anyway, at that point the clause may be nullified
If the player is traded before the clause takes effect, the acquiring team can opt to void the clause

Taken from cap friendly.com

Last edited by tk43; 10-23-2017 at 06:15 PM.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:33 AM   #8
Plitu
Bat Boy

Hi,

I noticed in my current Red Wings save that Dallas traded Kari Lehtonen in first season evethough he has no trade clause, in my previous save with another team Red Wings traded Howard and Abdelkader and both of them do have no trade clause. Is AI playing different rules than human player?
Plitu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:45 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, deals between two AI teams have a little more leeway with those clauses. It'd be difficult to get an appropriate amount of trading activity without simulating some NTC's being waived. It's a little unfair to the human player at this point since he doesn't have that option; I think we may open that up a little more in the future so, for example, really unhappy players just drop the NTC so you can move them.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:32 AM   #10
bigbanan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I think we may open that up a little more in the future so, for example, really unhappy players just drop the NTC so you can move them.

Yes yes yes!!! Because it`s unfair, that AI trades anyone to any team, don`t care about NTC, and human player can trade limited list of players (because many of players in nhl have nmc or ntc).

About what to do. For example, (i don`t know if it`s possible), you can do list of 10 teams where players don`t want to move (like Arizona, losers, no offence). And in other teams it`s no problem to move. I think so.
bigbanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:08 PM   #11
kstepanian
Minors (Single A)

There does seem to be a limited way to get around the NTC (and I assume NMC), and that is to put the player on the trade block and accept one of the incoming offers (if you get one).

I am currently playing as GM of the Canucks and wanted to trade Loui Eriksson, but he has a no-trade so I couldn't do it. I put him on the trade block and got an offer that was not exactly what I would have wanted but was close enough and I was able to accept the trade.

Based on Jeff's response about how the AI has more leeway in making trades I'd guess that somehow that logic gets applied when a trade is offered by the AI (I'd think the same would be true if you shopped the player, but since I haven't done that yet it's just a guess). The trades offered by the AI tend, in my opinion, to be a bit subpar, but in my case, I really just wanted to unload a bad contract so I was ok with it.
kstepanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 08:27 PM   #12
QTRaven
Minors (Rookie Ball)

You can't shop a player with a nmc. But yes, trade board works. You don't have to accept their offer either. You can counteroffer too.

Last edited by QTRaven; 02-25-2018 at 08:34 PM.
QTRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:40 AM   #13
vic24
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstepanian View Post
There does seem to be a limited way to get around the NTC (and I assume NMC), and that is to put the player on the trade block and accept one of the incoming offers (if you get one).

I am currently playing as GM of the Canucks and wanted to trade Loui Eriksson, but he has a no-trade so I couldn't do it. I put him on the trade block and got an offer that was not exactly what I would have wanted but was close enough and I was able to accept the trade.

Based on Jeff's response about how the AI has more leeway in making trades I'd guess that somehow that logic gets applied when a trade is offered by the AI (I'd think the same would be true if you shopped the player, but since I haven't done that yet it's just a guess). The trades offered by the AI tend, in my opinion, to be a bit subpar, but in my case, I really just wanted to unload a bad contract so I was ok with it.
I think you are right cuz I traded a NTC player (Carl Soderberg) and he was activating his clause when i was the one making an offer to a team. Somehow i succeeded to trade him. I think i was shoppig him too.
vic24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:37 AM   #14
fashett_7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Suggested update

I think it would be interesting or beneficial to have a prompt from the player if you want them to waive a portion of a no-move or no-trade clause. For example, want to demote someone with a no-move? Select the action, it prompts the player, they say yes or no. Want a player’s no-trade list? Ask for it. That way, it’s not guess and check. You could theoretically code a probability matrix for their wants and needs to help decide modified no-trade lists or parameters needed for them to agree to waive a no-move or no-trade. That way, it’s not a staunch “you can’t do that” situation.

In terms of a modified list, maybe having a place where the teams on it are listed on their contract screen would be beneficial. You could give options of 50% of the teams in the league, 8-team, 10-team,15-team, and 20-team lists that they can state they would not accept a trade to. Again, given the correct circumstances, this could be waived, but it wouldn’t be common. This feels like a very complex ask, but it could greatly benefit the game moving forward if it was at least attempted. I’d also love an update of the scouting system. The current phrases are a little vague and relatively difficult to diagnose, especially as it pertains to the intangibles for a player. There’s also a bit of a lack of variety. If at all possible, I’d love to see that updated!
fashett_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:20 PM   #15
kstepanian
Minors (Single A)

Another quirk with this I just came across is the following:

I was on my team's home screen and clicked the Trade Offer link. I selected the team I wanted to trade with and added the player from their roster I wanted and I got the pop-up saying he had activated his no-trade clause.

I then went to that team's roster, right-clicked on the player and chose the Make a Trade Offer link. It let me proceed, add the players I was offering, offer the trade and it was accepted and completed.

This one seems like maybe a bit more of an oversight in the code since the AI wasn't really involved in making an offer, but glad to have it nonetheless.
kstepanian is offline   Reply With Quote