Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 01-03-2020, 08:24 PM   #141
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
Michael Porter Jr. is looking like found money for Denver
The stats are not there yet. But watching him actually play significant minutes and my mind was saying 'holy ****' someone that large should not move that well or handle the ball so well.

If he can stay healthy then I can see a lot of teams regret not trying their luck on him.
I still scared of back issues. And hip issues.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:43 PM   #142
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
I still scared of back issues. And hip issues.
Using the 14th pick on him for a franchise that just barely missed the playoffs is the right move.
If that draft was done over and even with the back issues he would be a top 5 pick.
I am not much of an eye test guy but just watching him and the things he can do at his size and it's apparent he could be future all-star.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 11:33 PM   #143
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Using the 14th pick on him for a franchise that just barely missed the playoffs is the right move.
If that draft was done over and even with the back issues he would be a top 5 pick.
I am not much of an eye test guy but just watching him and the things he can do at his size and it's apparent he could be future all-star.
If he has more games played than missed, then maybe. The best asset any player can have is availability.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 01-03-2020, 11:38 PM   #144
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, but this ejection is absurd.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance

Last edited by Cobra Mgr; 01-03-2020 at 11:41 PM.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:05 AM   #145
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

My Cavaliers are losing a *lot*, but they are still fun to watch. They always play hard and the coach sounds like he knows what he is doing. We were disappointed, though, when they traded Clarkson. We hope they don't trade Love and Delly. It's funny, people on the radio have been agitating for Kevin Love to be traded since the season he arrived.

Clevelanders are always dismayed when athletes want to leave or don't want to come here in the first place, but when a player wants to be here and repeatedly says he wants to be here, everybody wants to trade him.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 11:53 AM   #146
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

A clumsy misstep or intentional trip?

Name:  Image0284.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  123.4 KB

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=28417911

My take: Smart wasn't smart. He chose to walk over Young who refused to lay flat for the insult.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 11:55 AM   #147
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Smart knew what he was doing & Young knew he was retaliating.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 01-04-2020, 11:57 AM   #148
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post

Clevelanders are always dismayed when athletes want to leave or don't want to come here in the first place, but when a player wants to be here and repeatedly says he wants to be here, everybody wants to trade him.
Tru dat.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 01-04-2020, 12:06 PM   #149
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
I just caught up with this. At first, the impression is the referee ought to be fired but if you look carefully at the close-up video, there is this extra shove for whatever reason . . .

Name:  Image0285.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  96.5 KB

. . . and at that point, the deed is done, no matter how contrite Thomas was immediately after (he tried to grasp the ref's hand) and how shocked he was at being ejected.

Referees and umpires are sacrosanct as to their personal surroundings for a reason.

- Bru

Old 01-04-2020, 12:07 PM   #150
ezpkns34
All Star Reserve

Quote:
My Cavaliers are losing a *lot*, but they are still fun to watch. They always play hard and the coach sounds like he knows what he is doing. We were disappointed, though, when they traded Clarkson. We hope they don't trade Love and Delly. It's funny, people on the radio have been agitating for Kevin Love to be traded since the season he arrived.

CLE got Dante Exum though, the player who was supposed to be Luka before Luka was Luka
ezpkns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:32 PM   #151
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

If you can find someone to take that contract and get an asset back in return you do it.
Your rebuilding and Love is a luxury your franchise does not need.
Old 01-05-2020, 12:33 AM   #152
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
I just caught up with this. At first, the impression is the referee ought to be fired but if you look carefully at the close-up video, there is this extra shove for whatever reason . . .

Attachment 667313

. . . and at that point, the deed is done, no matter how contrite Thomas was immediately after (he tried to grasp the ref's hand) and how shocked he was at being ejected.

Referees and umpires are sacrosanct as to their personal surroundings for a reason.
I disagree. When common sense isn't allowed to enter into the equation, we've all lost as a society. You are concluding while fighting for the ball w/Melo, he decided shoving the ref would resolve the situation. Instead of shoving Melo. That's as believable as Clemens claiming he thought Piazza's shattered bat was the ball.

IT was off balance and was looking to brace himself and instinctively reached out or something to do so and the ref happened to be there. There was no violence or ill intent towards anyone. That ref was just a donkey's behind.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 01-05-2020, 12:19 PM   #153
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I agree with your sage assessment of the "donkey's behind" in that he overreacted. He could have let it go.

However, I don't agree with the innocence of the final shove. Look closely again - it's not a result of imbalance. Instead, it appears to be the result of impatience with the ref for not calling a jump ball or a foul in a timely manner. That's my impression, at least.

In any event, an accident would be, say, a shoulder or hip in contact with the ref. A hand to the chest at the end of an extended arm is not going to be tolerated no matter what the cause.

- Bru

Old 01-06-2020, 06:22 PM   #154
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

According to recent reports, it looks like Kevin Love has had a bust-up with the front office and will probably be out the door pretty soon. Anyway, he made a big contribution to our glorious 2016 and will never again have to buy a beer in Cleveland.

His barnacle-like defense against Steph Curry in the dying minutes of Game 7, along with LeBron's spectacular chase-down block against Igoudala and Kyrie's ice-in-his-veins shot over Curry combined to create a miracle nobody who didn't see it will believe when they make a movie out of the whole thing 50 years from now.

As my wife and I have said for years, the NBA is the best soap opera on television.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Old 01-06-2020, 06:47 PM   #155
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
According to recent reports, it looks like Kevin Love has had a bust-up with the front office and will probably be out the door pretty soon. Anyway, he made a big contribution to our glorious 2016 and will never again have to buy a beer in Cleveland.

His barnacle-like defense against Steph Curry in the dying minutes of Game 7, along with LeBron's spectacular chase-down block against Igoudala and Kyrie's ice-in-his-veins shot over Curry combined to create a miracle nobody who didn't see it will believe when they make a movie out of the whole thing 50 years from now.

As my wife and I have said for years, the NBA is the best soap opera on television.
If on every possession I had to watch Garland or Sexton hold the ball for 20 seconds I would be looking for a way out too.
Old 01-07-2020, 04:13 PM   #156
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Unless he experiences a set back then it looks like we will see Zion Williamson perhaps before the end of the next week.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:57 PM   #157
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If on every possession I had to watch Garland or Sexton hold the ball for 20 seconds I would be looking for a way out too.
Yes, but I think they are learning. We enjoy watching them, because they do show glimpses of becoming very good players.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:38 PM   #158
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Funny post game interview from Kyle Lowry.

He could play for the Leafs.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 03:23 PM   #159
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

How did Bobby Portis avoid a suspension?!?
That was a clear elbow
Old 01-16-2020, 02:26 PM   #160
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Not much chatter in this thread, but the season is halfway over and this has been a very fun season.