Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:50 AM   #1
Ed Flood
Bat Boy

I can't advance to regular season ...

I am getting an error message for too many players (60) that are on preseason roster. (This is affecting all my league teams).

I want to go into regular season but OOTP does not recognize end of preseason. Any advice on what to do?
Ed Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:55 AM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Who's in control of all the teams?

Your roster has to be down to 25 (or whatever you have it set at) on opening day. If you still have 60 players on the active roster you need to demote some.

If the AI is in control, go to league setup and "Run AI Manager on all teams".
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:26 AM   #3
Ed Flood
Bat Boy

I ran "manager on all teams" option and it didn't make a difference. The 60 players are on spring roster not on active roster. I'm not even seeing option for active roster yet when I look at each team.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:34 AM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Flood View Post
I ran "manager on all teams" option and it didn't make a difference. The 60 players are on spring roster not on active roster. I'm not even seeing option for active roster yet when I look at each team.
Then you are not yet at opening day. The roster goes to 25 or whatever your setting is on opening day.

We need screenshots to help you more. Click on the "play" button and post this screenshot so we can see upcoming events.
Attached Images

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:16 AM   #5
Ed Flood
Bat Boy

Having trouble posting pic. Essentially I'm in regular season but am stuck with spring training roster of 60 for each team. It's not allowing me to see the start of the new season but is adding games on to spring training game totals. I'd like to see about how to establish the opening game date? Would this make sense? Open to ideas. Thanks
Old 09-22-2016, 11:55 AM   #6
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

I will warn you that I had this same problem a couple of years ago and it was unfixable.

I dealt with the OOTP tech gurus and in the end I had to scrap my dynasty that year.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:11 PM   #7
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Freeze team rosters and manually release the overflow of players.

Then the problem might arise(during regular season) when a player comes off the DL ,the team will be over the player limit. That is when you un-freeze all the rosters.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:55 PM   #8
Ed Flood
Bat Boy

I've indicated "no limit" as to number of players on roster. The game is playing and each team's reg season wins/losses looks fine. The problem is that overall team standings include spring training wins/losses in addition to regular season. It's as if a switch has not clicked indicating the regular season has begun for the overall standings.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:56 PM   #9
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

look over the league event list... see if something like "opening day" is missing or off for some reason. if not sure, load up a quick start and compare that event list.

did you change any settings related to spring training or opening day? it's definitely something to put on the checklist once you hit the preseason --> double check the schedule. think back to anythign you've changed since the previous opening day....hopefully it's something simple like that.

i think you can save your game as a quick start or force a square peg through a round hole and use import/export while re-using player id's from the destination league. worse comes to worst, you can salvage player stats for sure, likely league history too.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:43 PM   #10
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Did you edit your league structure in any way and not generate a new schedule afterwards?
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:50 PM   #11
Ed Flood
Bat Boy

No, did not do anything unusual.

What I've determined is that the league is in preseason mode, however, individual stats and team stats (as seen on stats pages and team pages respectively) reflect the regular season.

The standings page is stuck showing preseason totals only. I am not seeing the regular season standings at all.

THANK YOU ALL for your help thus far. I wish this was an easy fix but I can't find anything to fix the problem of the standings board to reflect the current regular season.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:03 PM   #12
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

With screenshots it might help explain more. For example, at the top of the screen it should show "MLB Spring" or "MLB Season" or something like that. That tells you what part of the year the game thinks it's in.

If it's not in the regular season yet, I'd suggest some combination of: deleting the schedule, manually going to your events page and adding a "Season Start" event for tomorrow, adjusting the season start date in the league setting, regenerating the schedule. I can't tell you exactly which of those steps or what order without knowing more about the league, but doing something like that should essentially trick the game into thinking the season is supposed to start tomorrow.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:05 PM   #13
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Screenshots are easy. I'd be happy to walk you through a step-by-step.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:22 PM   #14
Ed Flood
Bat Boy

Matt Arnold -- You are brilliant!! I went in and added new Opening Day in events and played through. It appears to have worked w/ correct number of games left. I did not have to adjust schedule and stats appear fine. Thanks very much for your help! Ed