Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Inside the Ropes
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB Inside the Ropes Your game and fantasy fights

Old 02-08-2013, 06:02 AM   #21
Tosti
Hall Of Famer

You've inspired me to restart a Heavyweight timeline uni.

Up to a career start of 1900 I'm going to include anyone who fought at Middleweight of above in the uni, how would you treat the guys bearing in mind the weight and size differences were generally tighter then than now?

As you know Cyberboxing is a great resource for this era.

The Cyber Boxing Zone
Tosti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:44 AM   #22
djday45
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosti View Post
You've inspired me to restart a Heavyweight timeline uni.

Up to a career start of 1900 I'm going to include anyone who fought at Middleweight of above in the uni, how would you treat the guys bearing in mind the weight and size differences were generally tighter then than now?

As you know Cyberboxing is a great resource for this era.

The Cyber Boxing Zone
Thks, generally on a case by case basis, but as you say the differences were much less and it was very common for middles to fight heavies in this era.

I would say a -1 to control, hitting power and chin ratings should do it. But as I said you would have to look at each fighter on his merits.
djday45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #23
djday45
All Star Starter

Previous experience and dual nationalities

to start fighters off as I am only simming the elite of the division with 32 fighters. each fighter will have 20 fights on his record before the campaign starts, all wins and the knockout ratio will depend on his hitting power. Doing this so fighters records dont look so weird right at the start and doing fall into losing records immediately.
These 20 bouts will be considered their amateur career before they started, fighters that had recorded bouts before the start of 1878 will also have these bouts added to their starting record as well as the 20 free wins. the time

As regards nationality I am making quite a few fighters dual nationality, including their place of birth always and for some a second extra nationality of where they mainly fought. This gives me more flexibility for regional and national titles and makes things a bit more interesting and also realistic as this was very common at the time.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:04 AM   #24
djday45
All Star Starter

Paddy Ryan KO2 Fred Crossley

RYAN LOOKS RUSTY BEFORE LOWERING THE BOOM

Paddy Ryan the bear strong wrestler based in New York showed us here the two sides to his ring style in chopping hapless young Fred Crossley down to size in 2 rounds.

Despite his opponents little experience and it has to be said lack of skills Ryan looked both slow and clumsy in the first stanza, missing many of his round house rights and showing an alarming lack of timing, allowing the young Crossley to tee off on him himself and half way through the round Ryan was even badly hurt by a nasty hook from Crossley which shoved Ryan into the ropes and won Crossley the round on my card.

In the 2nd Ryan again missed lots of badly timed punches until he caught up with Crossley in the trenches and laid him out cold with an immense uppercut inside. Ryan after this fight is an enigma, on one side a slow moving unskilled wrestler but also brutishly strong and powerful capable of pulverising anyone inside. Ryan increased his record to 21-0 (17) while Crossley looking out of his depth here fell to 20-1 (12)

Ryan gains +7 ranking points with this win to put him on a total of 15 to grab the number one ranking, while poor Crossley loses -10 ranking points putting him on a sad total of -8.
Attached Images

Last edited by djday45; 02-10-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #25
djday45
All Star Starter

Joe Coburn W10 Un. Mike McCoole

Coburn wins close rematch too clever for McCoole

Joe Coburn won a convincing decision over his old enemy Mike McCoole the self styled deck hand champion here in front of a large partizan crowd in Dublin. Scoring on the new one point system the judges were unanimous giving the crafty Coburn the verdict 8-4, 7-4, 9-4 with my own card giving McCoole the nod 6-5. This was not a robbery however as at least 8 of the rounds could have been scored either way.

Coburn seemed to quick for the lumbering McCoole who came in very heavy at 210 pounds, but despite this McCoole gave Coburn a lot to think about with his heavier clubbing punches. McCoole hurt coburn badly at least two or three times during the bout although Coburn's chin came through the test.

This was a long anticipated rematch of their epic 1863 encounter for the American title in which Coburn one a decision in sixty seven epic rounds.
McCoole wanted payback but with both fighters over the age of forty their primes are now a distant memory but it didnt stop them serving up a intriguing battle in which McCoole stalked and Coburn countered effectively.

I would not be averse to seeing a rubber match in the future the bout was that close but this time in a neutral venue in America so no one can accuse Coburn of winning a home town decision.
Coburn improved his record to 24-1-4 (12) with the win while McCoole dropped to 26-3 (17) two of those three defeats coming at the hands of Coburn. Coburn gained 11 ranking points to put him on 19 points and the number one contender spot (taking it from Paddy Ryan) McCoole dropped 9 ranking points with the defeat dropping him to -2 overall.
Attached Images

Last edited by djday45; 02-10-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #26
Mad Bomber
All Star Starter

This is a great idea. I have also not been on the boards of often in the last several months, but just for fun I will be rooting for Old Chocolate George Godfrey.

There are three things that go on a fighter, first your reflexes go, then your chin goes, and then your friends go.

Willie Pep
Mad Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote